What's new

By-Poll Results: Worries for BJP in UP, Gujarat, States it Swept Four Months Ago

This is possible , Dalits may have not taken much interest in this elections.

All is left for Yadavs and other backward castes

Since its still the SP govt. the SP leaders would have provided quid pro quo rewards to local community leaders for their vote. The average UP voter is quite politically mature and would have milked it for all its worth.

I do not think the BJP was really looking to win these by-elections seats. They would be focused on the next elections and in all probability is preparing ground for that. The SP OTOH knows that it might not form the govt. next time so will go out at all strenght to make this rule as stable and strong as possible.

BSP remains a mystery.

Voters in UP know what hell they will have to go through the remaining 3 year term of SP state government which they were reminded in the aftermath of Lok Sabha polls.

This mid term poll do not mean anything and is pretty useless. If BJP can use this opportunity to re-establish that its stands for Hindutva and then talk about development and hope when the next assembly elections are due then it would be a good strategy. There is nothing to show that is not the current strategy and that is not being played out.

Anyone who takes vicarious pleasure in seeing BJP's "defeat" and rejoice in seeing what they want to see is "secular" enough in my book. You don't have to claim anything. Your posts are proof enough of what you stand for.

Again a "certificate" from you means less than nothing considering you go around "labelling" anyone with a different point of view as "bigot" or "Hindutva" or "nutter" whatever else catches your fancy. :lol:

It remains and will always remain an indicator to your own narrow mindedness and intolerance.

The fact that your use strawmen and assign "motives" to "guys like me" shows what flimsy ground you stand on. That is the only way you can claim any sort of victory. So get back to spinning those strawmen and celebrating the victory of bigots eating "humble pie" :P

The thinly disguised celebrations by the "seculars" is what I am talking about.

Last time @Bang Galore was claiming BJP will lose in Loksabha elections because it lost a few bypoll seats. That is how perceptive that guy is. Also doubt he would have voted for BJP considering he thought BJP the most corrupt party and Congress the paragon of virtue. Forget these jokers.

Last time @Bang Galore was claiming BJP will lose in Loksabha elections because it lost a few bypoll seats. That is how perceptive that guy is. Also doubt he would have voted for BJP considering he thought BJP the most corrupt party and Congress the paragon of virtue. Forget these jokers.

It doesn't matter. What irks me is the incessant name calling and labelling.

It is the last resort of the incompetent and scoundrels and pdf is full of such leading lights who cover up their ineptitude with such tactics.

This is good in a way, A sense of arrogance set in the mindset of few people. A timely wake up call before the assembly election. BJP needs to work along with their partners and keep their feet grounded.
edjactlee!!

That's a bit like asking which "bigot " will come running with the excuses :lol:. I'm glad with the results in U.P. (even if by-elections are irrelevant mostly) for the simple reason that the BJP ran an absolutely idiotic campaign with Yogi Adityanath as its face. Love Jihad? Seriously? That's all the BJP had to offer. Many (including me) voted for the BJP because we hoped for better governance & were delighted that the government got a complete majority on its own. We can hardly be expected to cheer a campaign like the one run by the BJP in UP. Hopefully, they will learn from this & look at development. Reasonably sure that you will have a different & probably opposite take on what they should do - go even more nutty, I assume. Modi was a correct person at the right time, with the correct message. To assume that his victory means open season for all the nutters to do their thing is, in my view, plain stupid. Going "sikular, sikular" won't change anything.

Spot on.....BJP agenda in by poll election is idiotic....Rather than focoussing on something serious then focousses on social issues....Again on top of that another lession learned is that BJP need state level local leaders if they would like to win any election apart from Central Election..

The BJP was brought in with a simple requirement- build roads and bring back the economy. If they had stuck to that, they'd have done better instead they go an Love Jihad and Hindi promotion Manch and whatnot. You wanna know what the people of Delhi feel about the BJP? WHy the BJP is not calling for elections there? Coz BJP is gonna lose their big time.

Completely agree with you...BJP is somehow misreading people mandate...They did not bring BJP to the rule to talk about social issues..Put focous back on economy and development and execute it without any corruption....Apart from that if any other attempt is made, then it will back fire...

Modi should control some of his MPs. Love Jihad is too flimsy a reason for people to vote for BJP. They should have instead highighted opposition parties misrule. Only Modi can take BJP to greater heights. Amit Shah days are done

This is good in a way, A sense of arrogance set in the mindset of few people. A timely wake up call before the assembly election. BJP needs to work along with their partners and keep their feet grounded.

Correct.

In your state also BJP will have to accommodate Chautalas post election. Although in Bengal, this performance of BJP will have ripple effect. East suddenly looks promising for BJP now.

Back
Top Bottom