Butt to meet Afridi on August 23; to take call on Younis' future

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Butt to meet Afridi on August 23; to take call on Younis' future
PTI, Aug 21, 2010,

KARACHI: Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Ejaz Butt has summoned one-day captain Shahid Afridi for a meeting on August 23 to decide on the future of former skipper Younis Khan.

Well informed sources in the Pakistan Cricket board said that Afridi had been called for for a one-on-one meeting with Butt to discuss the forthcoming ODI series in England.

"There are clear indications that in the meeting it will be decided if Younis Khan should be considered for the ODI series in England," one source said.

He said Afridi and Butt's August 23 meeting carry huge significance, especially on the context that the national selectors will be finalising the squad for ODIs and Twenty20 matches in England the next day.

Incidentally, there have been reliable reports that due to pressure from the top the PCB Chairman has already indicated to the selectors that they should consider Younis for the forthcoming ODI series.

"The PCB chairman is apparently being misled because Younis has filed no case against the board after the appellate tribunal lifted his ban," said Iqbal Mohammad Ali, who heads the National Assembly Standing Committee on Sports.

Iqbal said he had also spoken to Butt recently and discussed about Younis's comeback to the national team.

"Butt appeared to have changed his stance on Younis and indications are that he should be back in the team soon," he said.

Pakistan will play two Twenty20 matches and five ODIs against England from September 5 onwards.
Butt to meet Afridi on August 23; to take call on Younis' future - Top Stories - Cricket - Sports - The Times of India

bring him back before the final test at lords he play well in eglish conditions remember his 190 in test and century in ODI we darely missed him in today's match if he plays in ODI with yousuf eng willl struglle to win any ODI for sure remember my word we need just batting to click our bowling can do anything just need backup from batsman and YK and MY are best backups

Mr Butt's decisions proved so stupid, somewhere we faced humiliating defeat and at places we lost where we could have won. England series is a great example where results could have been much different if we had YK and MY in our line up during first two tests. What I want to say is Butt should feel his failure and incompetence and resign otherwise he should be kicked on his huge haunches to throw him across Ravi.

According to PCB insiders, Butt has given his green signal to consider Younis for selection for the fourth and final Test against England.
"The board and selectors should be making an official announcement in next few days about Younis. But if the tour selection committee and selectors in Pakistan agree then he might be flown to England to join the team for the fourth and final Test," The Daily Times quoted PCB sources, as saying.
Sources said that Butt has been under tremendous pressure from various quarters for not allowing selectors to pick the veteran batsman for the England tour despite him having a fairly good record there.
Both Younis and Mohammed Yousuf were slapped hefty fines and banned for an indefinite period by the PCB following the disastrous Australia tour earlier this year.
While Younis appealed against the ban in the PCB's appellate tribunal and subsequently got it removed, Yousuf decided to retire from international cricket in protest against the punishment.
However, the PCB chief later allowed Yousuf to be selected in the national squad, but insisted on an apology from Younis for remarks he and his lawyer made against the board during the appellate tribunal's hearing.
"Ijaz has changed his stance on Younis after the involvement of other parties and he is now keen to see Younis joining the team in England. The selectors have also been told to get in touch with the former captain,"

Alibaz rightly said not only against england but against australia in first test we could have won that series if we had right batsman playing you see how hard it was for english bowler to get out yousuf it was a special delivery which have got him out on which even a bradman and richard could also got out thats what the class is even bowl was turning 2 to 5 incehs and swinging he made look easy man he and YK we must need if we want to win no chance without them

looks like he is going to play next test yahoooo but who will go out i dont think so Umer should go out we must have two changes Kamran Akmal and Imran ferhat out bring Younis khan and Zulqarnain haider atleast haider can make few good runs for pakistan where kamran is keep failling hope both if these go out for long period of time and im sure they aregoing to improve

I wish YK a little good luck too. To me good luck is also part of form may be one odd drop catch, umpire's slight favorable decision or few initial bad balls by the bowler can add to performance. We saw ball closely brushing past MY's bat and then he starts feeling the ball and ball feels bat. Finally England felt MY. So YK wish you best of luck in whatever form of cricket you find a chance.

hahahah even biggest mistake will be throwing misbah amin ferhat so better make those mistakes who will return you something im fully against you asim on this we havee seeen how these craps have done it continouslu even if they have played better in just one innings i could have gone with them MY came in the team and suddenly you see azhar who was struggling is batting easily MY not only play himslef but let play with him those who are struggling and in the match two good bowls got MY out it was hard to get him out but amin it was walk in the park even if you have bowled to him so use some sense before post something which is not good for the team

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom