What's new

Business Huawei's own OS system may be ready this year: Report

I never said they couldn't use it outside of China... but it's still tailored for CN market...since on the international market...current Android is the king...
If such OS can't compete with current and future Android versions then its doomed to fail or be used for a certain market... period.

But in the end... such os is STILL ANDROID... just with an app store and own updates... so not really a true CN os...

hey dude, can u link here for everyone to see:

who owns android open source

also, this was what u said:

an OS for CN market...

u didnt show proof that whatever OS china makes is gonna be used for its own domestic market only. You even went on to mention that huawei's OS would only cater exclusively to 'Africa and other asian' countries:

Android is at the top that will not do it outside of china, maybe some asian countries or african ones but max

I have already explain why i find this ludicrous, because Africa is not even Huawei's main market outside China. Hence, you're not likely to even afford one yourself.

lol thx

#edited for clarity

Last edited:
Funny though that a few Bengladeshis and a Tunisian, bot from veritable turdworld countries with zero contribution to any technological advancement are arguing against the upcoming Huawei OS. :lol:

Meanwhile, Germany's IT community can't wait to move to the new Huawei OS.

https://www.heise.de/forum/heise-on...nte-schon-im-Herbst-fertig-sein/forum-426490/
u spoke what im trying to point out. i dont associate bangaldesh, tunisia or india with techonology. yet here we are , we have people from exactly these countries, trying to point out that 1)Huawei's upcoming OS will fail and/or 2) that even if it get's introduced into the market- it would be restricted to acceptance in the Chinese market only(and Africa). Dude's revealing his own inner biasness that Huawei is a cheap brand?? otherwise, y would he use africa?

HannibalBarca said:
Android is at the top that will not do it outside of china, maybe some asian countries or african ones but max

u said i have comprehension problems, when im merely replying point to point, post by post.
No u didnt u completely ignored the post and got stuck on "what i asked other person".
Well i dont give a shit, u said something and i replied which u have no answer to so the rhetoric.

dont quote me again if u cant prove your point.
I already did. But u cant make any person see a point who doesnt want to open his eyes.

i expect more from u than playing the victim card, jsut because u lost yours and run crying to mods
I dont stoop down to the disgusting and pathetic level like u and simply bring it to the notice of mods. Thereafter its their prerogative whether they want to take any action or not.

Also for ur ease i am quoting my original post, so quote me back if u can find an answer to that.

Majority of users dont use anything besides Play store on android. What makes u think they will switch to Chinese app store outside of China? Hell, i have Galaxy S7 and i have never used galaxy app store for anything besides themes and updates for samsung apps that i like such as Shealth, SCalendar, Samsung pay and Samsung Pass. I dont care what other apps are there. In my 2 years of owning this phone i havent even bothered to explore the app section on Galaxy store.

And how does huawei plan on replacing other apps in different markets such as Whatsapp, Gmail, Gmaps and more? there are many more American companies that wont be doing business with huawei and wont make their available on the platform? Launching services to replicate their function is easy, but getting people to migrate is difficult. In India, Whatsapp had a small lead over Hike (Indian app) which has a lot more features than whatsapp and is a perfectly good app, but whatsapp still is market leader by a long margin just because it had the lead.

And do u realize how difficult it is to build an ecosystem? Microsoft had a terrific software, probably the best with social media interaction, low resource demanding and yet it got wiped out of market because it didnt have good app ecosystem.

Huawei's smartphone division will reduce to a domestic company if this ban isnt lifted. Most probably Pakistan will adopt it without any apprehension, but besides China it wont make inroads in other large market.

No u didnt u completely ignored the post and got stuck on "what i asked other person".
Well i dont give a shit, u said something and i replied which u have no answer to so the rhetoric.

I already did. But u cant make any person see a point who doesnt want to open his eyes.

I dont stoop down to the disgusting and pathetic level like u and simply bring it to the notice of mods. Thereafter its their prerogative whether they want to take any action or not.

Also for ur ease i am quoting my original post, so quote me back if u can find an answer to that.
your post is already a rhetoric by itself.

'what makes me think'?? 'what makes he think' what makes YOU think'

i dont. i base my posts on what is in the news, not self-opinion like yours.

You're the 1 giving a hypothetical scenario that Huawei's OS wont get off the ground, not me

I repeat: you were replying me on his behalf, and gave some irrelevant bullshit on Huawei's upcoming OS.

All i can see in your post is ' making an ecosystem is difficult' bla bla bla., specially when Huawei's spokesman has already mentioned the estimaTed launch date of its OS.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/23/huawei-our-own-operating-system-could-be-ready-this-year.html

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/huawei-own-os-system-hongmeng-android-ready-11558664

thx.

drink less cow piss

thx

Lol, if making a mobile os popular among the mass consumers was really that easy then MS would have been successful ages ago, especially considering the fact that they have had years of experience of making OS for pc. Or look at what happened to bada os of Samsung.

Compared to them Huawei is a noob in this department.

The sooner Huawei will realise that they r finished in smartphone manufacturering business, the better it is for them.

The Chinese OS system will have a billion Confirm users. A thing Samsung and MS lacked. Though How it perform internationally is somethimg debatable.

Last edited:
your post is already a rhetoric by itself.

'what makes me think'?? 'what makes he think' what makes YOU think'

i dont. i base my posts on what is in the news, not self-opinion like yours.
I salute ur daftness man!!
Have a good day.

The Chinese OS system will have a billion Confirm users. A thing Samsung and MS lacked. Though How it perform internationally is somethimg debatable.
Quantity is a quality itself. It might be slow at first but within 5 years I reckon the ecosystem to be fairly matured, but Huawei needs to make it a China OS not just for Huawei.

Quantity is a quality itself. It might be slow at first but within 5 years I reckon the ecosystem to be fairly matured, but Huawei needs to make it a China OS not just for Huawei.
i said singapore would be the perfect testbed for the OS.

i use both google and baidu, jsut like most Singaporean Chinese who are effectively bilingual to various degrees.

Operating system is not a technical issue for China. As one of most challenging field in kernel programming, majority of x86, x64, IA64 hypervisors for Intel CPU virtualization platforms are designed and programmed by Chinese engineers in Intel China. You can find lots of Chinese names among Linux kernel contributors. Another thing I can tell you that Google merge a lot of patches committed by Huawei engineers to boost their Android performance.

I think you guys can end the discussion whether China can develop an operating system. I can answer you that China have developed various operating systems, a lot of operating systems running on a lot of different CPU architectures in a lot of different products or projects from small to big, desktop to cloud, single node to cluster, civilian to military. It's very hard to develop an operating system other than Windows/Linux/BSD and make it commercially successful, it's not for the reason of technical capability, it's completely an ecosystem issue and whether or not it's worth to do it.

Most end users only care whether available Android apps can run on old or new Huawei phones, as long as new phones with new systems can run available and new Android apps, this won't affect Huawei much. I expect the new system released by Huawei is open sourced one and can run most available Android apps smoothly without problem with significant performance boost than other vendors, I will be very surprised if it's not the case.

Operating system itself is not an issue, whether Huawei can make the new system run available Android apps is. Huawei can even run iOS apps on their phone if they want to do so and Apple allows it, just like Windows NT can run unmodified UNIX service by providing a POSIX subsystem. They're essentially same type of technical problems.

After Google bans Android for Huawei, China will ban Android for 1.4 billion Chinese, forcing 1.4 billion Chinese to have Made in China operating system. Made in China 2025 pushed by Google. Who would have thought.

If China tried this on their own, there would have been Western criticism, now China must do this because of Google threats, so no criticism. :enjoy:

And for more Made in China 2025, ban Apple from China too. If these individuals in the West ban chip imports to China.

Just to make Trump happy Google is cutting her own feet.

If Google can't reach a reconciliation with Huawei, Huawei will release its own modified version of Android based on GPL licensed version and re-brand it as e.g. 'Roidan', fully legal and practical, Google's own version Android will be eventually marginalized and go to failure because more than half of the current Android phones are offered by Chinese vendors. This is a similar story as how MariaDB forks from MYSQL, the difference is Huawei has much more leverage than original MariaDB developers, so I expect the ending of the story will also be different. This is exactly the beauty of open source and GPL.

Wait 5 years. You will see the decline of Android and a rising of cool 'Roidan' mobile platform. Am I in delusion? Probably not.

Competition is the best way to innovate. The Iberians being blocked off from the trade routes to the East due to the Ottoman competition and control of the Middle East, had to find their own way around. Eventually neccessity and desperation pushed them to their goal and they found the Cape of Good Hope and another way to the east.

Point is the same desperation and neccessity is likely to push Huawei to success in this case. If theres one group of people in the world today whose determination once they set a goal cannot be question, then it is the Chinese. In the short term Huawei will suffer a loss but i would place my bets on them eventually developing their own OS, especially as the huge Chinese domestic market would be available to them to start up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom