What's new

Burraq UCAV will fly by Next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha, true..... So Burraq Would get a satellite

Eventually because Burraq is the start of Pakistan's UCAV Program and it does not end there.

We would need sats for future Combat vehicles in the Long run.

Eventually because Burraq is the start of Pakistan's UCAV Program and it does not end there.

We would need sats for these Combat vehicles in the Long run.

yes, A satellite is indeed necessary, as the future is space war.... No one can compromise that, Luckily ISRO has routed The nation for that

I see, thanks for the Info

Rehbar Sounding Rocket Project.
Main article: Rehbar-I
Main article: Nike-Cajun

On June 7, 1962 at 19:53 hours (PST) Rehbar-I was successfully launched from Sonmiani Satellite Launch Center. It soared to about 130 km into the atmosphere, making Pakistan the third country in Asia and the 10th in the world to conduct such a launch.

Rehbar-II was also successfully launched from Sonmiani on June 9, 1962. The data received from Rehbar-I and Rehbar-II gave scientists information on wind shear and structure of layers of the upper atmosphere extending beyond the stratosphere. The data collected also helped in the study of cloud formation, cyclones and weather over the Arabian Sea and the coastal areas of Pakistan.

Similar tests were done in the years after.[7] The successful launch carried a payload of 80 pounds of sodium and it streaked up about 130 km into the atmosphere. SUPARCO tested its rehbar rocket series for more than a decade. The Program was decommissioned on April 8, 1972.

Pakistan Remote Sensing Satellite System (PRSSS)

Pakistan Remote Sensing Satellite System (PRSSS)
Main article: Pakistan Remote Sensing Satellite
After successful launching and operation of BADR series of experimental Low Earth Observational satellites (BADR-1 and BADR-B) in the 1990s and early 2000s, SUPARCO now plans to launch high resolution Pakistan Remote Sensing Satellite (PRSSS) to meet the national and international user requirements in the field of satellite imagery[18].

A feasibility and system definition study was concluded in January 2007 which recommended the launch of a constellation of Optical and Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR). Satellites to ensure that the domestic and international user requirements are competitively met. In this respect the RFP for RSSS consultancy services was launched in July 2007. Launch of RFP for the manufacturing of the satellite is planned in the third quarter of year 2008.[18]

PRSS is planned to be a progressive and sustainable program. Initially, SUPARCO plans to launch an optical satellite with payload of 2.5 meter PAN in 700 km sun-synchronous orbit by the end of year 2011, which will be followed by a series of optical and SAR satellites in future. Necessary infrastructure for ground control and image reception and processing is also planned to be setup[18]. The satellite is underdevelopment process and it is being developed by SUPARCO. However, it is unclear whether the satellite will launch from Pakistan's Satellite launchers or Chinese Satellite Launchers.

Iam amazed to see that sounding rocket in 1962, But why havent you achieved a starus of space power, what happend to SUPARCO after that?

yes, A satellite is indeed necessary, as the future is space war.... No one can compromise that, Luckily ISRO has routed The nation for that

I agree with that , upcomming wars would be fought in Cyberspace and Space.

Chinese friends have offered Pakistan to put our austronauts in the space though it wont be the first Pakistani in the space.

Iam amazed to see that sounding rocket in 1962, But why havent you achieved a starus of space power, what happend to SUPARCO after that?

SUPARCO was put under sanctions in the shadow of our Nuclear program.

But those sanctions were lifted in early 2000's and now SUPARCO is cooperating with NASA.

We had a program with NASA to put our first Austronaut in the space but the program was terminated in 1990's .

The First Pakistani austronaut was a Lady named , Namira Saleem who visited space in 2006 and also explored Antractic.

Sir i hope that we can become a spacepower one day & we are prettly much on our way though behind you guys but we will catch up.

I would like to see some cooperations between ISRO and SUPARCO in the future if possible.

How come the Iranians are far ahead of the Pakistanis. They have have had sanctions imposed on them for a longer period of time yet today they're launching satellites and have even sent animals into space.

Where's the funding, after the sanctions we should be launching high tech satellites, or participating in European satellite launches and development to gain expertise and access to the satellite. The government needs to be pressured to invest in this.

001372d8a1370b7323bd20.jpg
this is China's future UCAV:disagree:

How come the Iranians are far ahead of the Pakistanis. They have have had sanctions imposed on them for a longer period of time yet today they're launching satellites and have even sent animals into space.

Where's the funding, after the sanctions we should be launching high tech satellites, or participating in European satellite launches and development to gain expertise and access to the satellite. The government needs to be pressured to invest in this.

iran has resources and good funding! im pretty sure 1/8 of their gdp goes into military spending (my guess)

I wonder what Burraq will actually look like can't wait to see.

This one looks much smaller then both the predator and reaper and still can carry missiles. This is amazing. I am too lazy to search google at this time, can some please post specs of it.

Thanks

u490d113de194474502.jpg

CH-3 Unmanned Attacking Drone with AR-1 Air-surface Missile

The spec of CH-3 speculated by Janes as follow:

Ceiling: 5000m
Max Range 2400 km
Endurance 12hrs
Max T-O weight 640 kg (1,410 lb)

1272444190_94968.jpg

AR-1 Missile:
AR-1 is reportedly another development of HJ-10, and it is a missile specifically designed to be carried by unmanned combat air vehicles, such as the CH-3 UCAV, which was revealed as one of the carriers of AR-1 at the 7th Zhuhai Airshow held at the end of 2008, when AR-1 made its debut. AR-1 is similar in size with HJ/AKD-10, but differs in shape. The diameter of AR-1 is the same throughout the entire length of the missile, as opposed to the smaller section in the front for HJ/AKD-10. The control surfaces for AR-1 are also different than that of HJ/AKD-10. Two sets of control surfaces of AR-1 are placed further apart, as opposed to immediately right next to each other in the case of HJ/AKD-10. Instead of having a much larger set than the other, the sizes of two sets of control surfaces of AR-1 are similar. The set of control surfaces at the front is swept instead of trapezoid shaped like in HJ/AKD-10, and they are closer to the tip of the missile. Although the developer has claimed that AR-1 can be armed with three types of seekers, including TV, Imaging IR (ImIR), and semi-active laser hoiming, only the TV guided version were shown to the public. AR-1 cannot be guided by MMW radar because radars are too heavy to be carried by UAVs. AR-1 can be used against a various targets from individual soldiers to tanks and small boats. At the 7th Zhuhai Airshow where AR-1 made its debut, it was not displayed as an independent exhibit, but instead, as a subsystem of CH-3 UCAV, whose developer is not the same one who developed AR-1, and thus could not provide much details about AR-1. Staff of CH-3 UCAV developer claimed AR-1 can be armed with a various warheads for different missions, but since AR-1 was not their products, they did not know the exact types of warheads that have been developed for AR-1. Judging from its appearance, it is safe to assume that the warhead arming AR-1 at the air show is similar to that of AKD-10.
although quite late sir but still i hope it will be helpfull for others

regards!

The spec of CH-3 speculated by Janes as follow:

Ceiling: 5000m
Max Range 2400 km
Endurance 12hrs
Max T-O weight 640 kg (1,410 lb)

although quite late sir but still i hope it will be helpfull for others

regards!

Looking at the UAV....not possible.
seems like a typo to me!
AA, can you check again?

This is to Indians who think we cant launch Sattelite...............

Pakistan Student Satellite Program is first ever attempt of Pakistani students to build and launch a satellite in low earth orbit. The satellite bus is based on CALPOLY university's standards CubeSat. The program is support by the Science Amateur Development Foundation (SADAF).

Source

Last edited:
Pak will launch Communication Sattlie that can be used to tramsfar data or images from one side to another....n this scope would be enough for combat UAV

China and Pakistan to Jointly Launch Communications Satellite

Oct. 20 – China and Pakistan are collaborating to launch a joint space communications satellite next year, Pakistani Ambassador to China Masood Khan revealed in Beijing today.

The new satellite, named Paksat-1R, is expected to bring immense economic benefits to Pakistan. It is the culmination of an agreement reached during Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari’s visit to China in 2008 to launch the satellite and set up a joint communications project.
Ambassador Khan’s remarks came while addressing an official function in Beijing to mark the anniversary of the establishment of the China Great Wall Industry Corporation (CGWIC).

Established in 1980, the CGWIC is the sole commercial organization authorized by the Chinese government to provide satellites, commercial launch services, and carry out international space cooperation.

Ambassador Khan expressed the hope that a Pakistani astronaut will travel aboard a Chinese spacecraft in the not too distant future.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, October 20th, 2010 at 6:20 pm and is filed under Science & Technology. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom