What's new

Burka Avenger | Pakistan's Animated Female Superhero | Updates & Episodes.

Hhahahaha...yea, at 1st I was teased about it coz I dont look the age to use abaya...Plus some men in my family think by not covering you are being modern so they couldnt really combine a Pakistani living abroad her WHOLE LIFE wearing something like that as her choice...

Anyway, even my dad NEVER asked me to use it ....My choice...People may laugh what not I couldnt care less...

However I don't use it here in West, for the simple reason it fails its purpose of making you covered and being invisible...

However, I use something similar, loose clothes and headscarf...Serves the same purpose and am still invisible! Because the main purpose was to NOT ATTRACT the attention ...

While full covering in Pak still manages to attract stares...I am not sure what it is...At 1 point in time I actually started using Paindoo language with a weird accent just to blend in so when I go shopping the prices wont become equal to British prices :blink:

life is so difficult for girls sometimes...:undecided: nae...:confused:

On the contrary the same question was put to the Quaid in respect of Pakistan, I'm sure I've got that book here somewhere...khair no matter & the Quaid asked the Interviewer a counter question - Would you rather live in an Economically Strong Britain ruled by Germany or would you rather live in an Economically Weak but Free Britain ?

The Kashmiris are from the same stock as us ! :kiss3:

At any rate like Pakistan there is no reason why Kashmir can't be an economically successful country ! :)

India is a free country. . With freedom index higher than pakistan :whistle:

In india, it is common in big cities and also.in my University campus :D

ppl in Pak are modern in a different way...like women love to dress up good...they do wear jeans with long or short shirts....in big cities some even wear sleevless shirts but they are less in numbers.....in big cities they dont cover their heads etc

I mostly prefer Black or white color...:) Black in winter and white in summer:P

I hate 1 colour, most of my headscarfs are multi coloured...maybe that makes me stand out :unsure:

Even my abaya are printed! I just love them coz I have a thing for maxi and long gowns ....I wore once for a week (Anarkali shalwar kameez with the kameez coming just above my ankles) and everyone was like wow...simply elegant...But those days I had no lab work...just computer work now back to lab cant use that stuff :cray:

I remember when I came here in Winter last yr and used the headscarf, alot of the locals started doing the same coz they "suddenly" realized it keeps the head warm...I blend in well ;)

Hhahahaha...yea, at 1st I was teased about it coz I dont look the age to use abaya...Plus some men in my family think by not covering you are being modern so they couldnt really combine a Pakistani living abroad her WHOLE LIFE wearing something like that as her choice...

Anyway, even my dad NEVER asked me to use it ....My choice...People may laugh what not I couldnt care less...

However I don't use it here in West, for the simple reason it fails its purpose of making you covered and being invisible...

However, I use something similar, loose clothes and headscarf...Serves the same purpose and am still invisible! Because the main purpose was to NOT ATTRACT the attention ...

While full covering in Pak still manages to attract stares...I am not sure what it is...At 1 point in time I actually started using Paindoo language with a weird accent just to blend in so when I go shopping the prices wont become equal to British prices :blink:

Oh please you just wear the Burqa because you don't want to shampoo your hair every day - Make up every kind of story you want to but we all know the truth ! :P

You mean the slim ones wear the shalwar, and the sugar ladies flaunt the charbi in saris then?

Quit trolling dude. If Saris were prevalent in pakistan, we might see 'sugar ladies flaunt the charbi'. The only ones I have seen, just by the virtue of Sari being an Indian dress, happen to be Indian aunties.

How old are you and where do you live?

ppl in Pak are modern in a different way...like women love to dress up good...they do wear jeans with long or short shirts....in big cities some even wear sleevless shirts but they are less in numbers.....in big cities they dont cover their heads etc

I heard from a reliable source that you've never worn a Shalwar Kameez in your life & you instead call it a backward dress & a symbol of our oppression ! :pissed:

Tell that to the dead Kashmiris & the not-so-dead Protesting Kashmiris ! :kiss3:

its not abt freedom,its the cultural thing.....but i tell you one thing....in big cities even,girls covering their heads are not mockd at like they are in other countries....and those wearing jeans dont have probs too....religious and non religious are compromising to each other....aint it sista @Hermione G

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard from a reliable source that you've never worn a Shalwar Kameez in your life & you instead call it a backward dress & a symbol of our oppression ! :pissed:

Tell that to the dead Kashmiris & the not-so-dead Protesting Kashmiris ! :kiss3:
As I said, with time, they will realise ;)

Jean Culture is prevalent in Pakistan...very much so ! :blink:

I was talking about myself - I like Shalwar Kameez ! :kiss3:

Shorts or Skirts ! :astagh:

Shorts - Maybe ! Skirts - Not unless shes a kid !

But its not as if they're forced or anything - Our society just doesn't approve of it & most families don't like that !

My sis uses long flowing skirts nothing wrong with it...goes hand in hand like abaya...its flowing :rofl:

Rude me?! Why did I throw facts on your imagination?! Seriously, I am not getting excited but disgusted with you trying to think that just because MUSLIMS IN INDIA DO IT, Pakistanis MUST do it too?!

You are a rude old woman , pardon my saying so. Keep ranting, not going to respond. Read you wrong.

Back
Top Bottom