What's new

BUET beats IIT to become Asia West champion in Moscow programming contest

I am not calling on you to be a yes man but was just wondering why you posted this list :

All of these are redundant people, so-called senior scientists and been students of IIT-This IIT-That, but between them haven't even designed a single item among the two fundamental elements in a classic binary computer - the microprocessor and the operating system. And the fourth person and the sixth person are even close to the Hindutvadi dispensation. Look at Agarwal's tweets.

I don't know what you mean by "Rhetoric" but if you go through my post history I make simple points. Remember the question I had asked you in the Infosys thread ? And taking your own argument of other occupational groups, imagine if 350,000+ Indian IT / ITES workers had committed suicide, wouldn't the selectively-outraging and religion-and-regressiveness-bound middle class have been outraged ? Let's start from here.

These are my exact "Mann-ki-baat", and I agree whole-heartedly.

When push comes to shove, India may be slightly better than Bangladesh in competing with talent, but if that is your benchmark, then Allah help you...

Going uber-nationalist andh-bhakt is fine to console yourself. Then look around the globe and look at reality.

China has started PRODUCTION (not just planning, but PRODUCTION) on the COMAC CR929. All design and most major subsystems will be made in China. Can India even make any complete passenger aircraft, except minor riveted body parts (which countries like Indonesia is far ahead in)?

This is China's THIRD indigenously designed passenger jet - and will be a double aisle widebody one. It will compete with the B787 and the A330. Maiden flight will be by end of 2023. What has India got to show to compete??

Production begins on the CRAIC CR929
Production of the CRAIC CR929 has officially begun, according to reports from China. The widebody jet, a joint-venture between the Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China (COMAC) and Russia’s United Aircraft Corporation (UAC), will look to compete with the Boeing 787 Dreamliner and Airbus A330 in the widebody jet market.

The largest number of smartphones sold in India are all Chinese- other than Samsung. Xiaomi, Vivo, Realme and OPPO are all Chinese brands.

Why is there such a dire need to feel good about something or someone sourced from India - even at the cost of mispresenting stuff? What is this sick need to puff up everything about India and not to show f*cked up parts of India, such as slums, so the whole world knows Indians are "faking it" before they make it? Is shame anywhere in the bhakt lexicon?

They put in Sundar Pichai as Head of Google not because of any special talent, but because tons of Indians work there. It's a nice morale booster for the Indian folks. Ditto for other Indian "Talent" at larger US companies.

Get it through your head instead of Bhakt propaganda, Goras will once in a while throw a bone at Indian IT workers by electing one of their one as a ceremonial head, don't get all smug about it like a mofussil half-educated guy from the subcontinent. All about context. Goras know exactly what makes dehati Indians motivated, so they do it. Indians still work for Goras, and depend in large extent for backoffice business.

I see bhakt idiots boast about the fact that Bangladeshi companies use Indian buses and trucks. We use them cause they are friggin' cheap and disposable and available via land shipping. If we buy them using Bangladeshi money, are we supposed to be thankful to Indians for providing us these equipment?

These bhakt f*ckers are really hilarious.
but why supa powa boasting being a IT supa powa all day?

There is scarce little otherwise to boast about in India, at least in technical sense (but I will let sane Indians talk about that).

Bhakts have to boast about something to make them feel 'adequate'. That is why they invented stories about Air travel and plastic surgery practiced by Indian folks 3000 years ago.

But - not all Indians are like this. There are quiet Indians too. The silent majority who are disgusted at RSS bhakt activity, but don't say anything usually.

Last edited:
Come on, Naofumi. The ideological associates of those two lynched and rioted in your city last year. Would you want to be in a situation where you voluntarily have to honor those two ?

I am a humble theoretician too in certain things and have some novel ideas but without the platform of a processor and OS how would these people you mention be able to implement their mathematics ideas ? And read the below thread of mine where these Indian computer scientists also are not working :

OK, I agree that the list has some useful items for my own projects too, including Fast Fourier Transform, matrix multiplication and search trees.

Bhai your friend is suffering from Stockholm syndrome. He needs help.

These days its hard to be a real Muslim (at least publicly) in India. My sympathies.

If he comes to his senses, you can bring him to Bangladesh so you both can teach at the IT centers we are setting up nationwide. BTW- Bangladesh now boasts the world's fifth largest Tier 4 Datacenter.

There are some IT Parks planned in the private sector too,

And there are now companies in Bangladesh offering Semiconductor design services (@jamahir bhai your next job awaits, they are looking for people!),

Last edited:
These are my exact "Mann-ki-baat", and I agree whole-heartedly.

When push comes to shove, India may be slightly better than Bangladesh in competing with talent, but if that is your benchmark, then Allah help you...

Going uber-nationalist andh-bhakt is fine to console yourself. Then look around the globe and look at reality.

China has started PRODUCTION (not just planning, but PRODUCTION) on the COMAC CR929. All design and most major subsystems will be made in China. Can India even make any complete passenger aircraft, except minor riveted body parts (which countries like Indonesia is far ahead in)?

This is China's THIRD indigenously designed passenger jet - and will be a double aisle widebody one. It will compete with the B787 and the A330. Maiden flight will be by end of 2023. What has India got to show to compete??

Production begins on the CRAIC CR929
Production of the CRAIC CR929 has officially begun, according to reports from China. The widebody jet, a joint-venture between the Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China (COMAC) and Russia’s United Aircraft Corporation (UAC), will look to compete with the Boeing 787 Dreamliner and Airbus A330 in the widebody jet market.

The largest number of smartphones sold in India are all Chinese- other than Samsung. Xiaomi, Vivo, Realme and OPPO are all Chinese brands.

Why is there such a dire need to feel good about something or someone sourced from India - even at the cost of mispresenting stuff? What is this sick need to puff up everything about India and not to show f*cked up parts of India, such as slums, so the whole world knows Indians are "faking it" before they make it? Is shame anywhere in the bhakt lexicon?

They put in Sundar Pichai as Head of Google not because of any special talent, but because tons of Indians work there. It's a nice morale booster for the Indian folks. Ditto for other Indian "Talent" at larger US companies.

Get it through your head instead of Bhakt propaganda, Goras will once in a while throw a bone at Indian IT workers by electing one of their one as a ceremonial head, don't get all smug about it like a mofussil half-educated guy from the subcontinent. All about context. Goras know exactly what makes dehati Indians motivated, so they do it. Indians still work for Goras, and depend in large extent for backoffice business.

I see bhakt idiots boast about the fact that Bangladeshi companies use Indian buses and trucks. We use them cause they are friggin' cheap and disposable and available via land shipping. If we buy them using Bangladeshi money, are we supposed to be thankful to Indians for providing us these equipment?

These bhakt f*ckers are really hilarious.

There is scarce little otherwise to boast about in India.

They have to boast about something to make them feel 'adequate'.

But - not all Indians are like this. There are quiet Indians too. The silent majority who are disgusted at RSS bhakt activity, but don't say anything usually.

American IT companies wont make india rich. Maybe it will help them to get by to pay bills but thats pretty much.

Let indians feel proud being IT salary man for us companies. Yes that will help these ppl the few lucky ones buy detached home in usa...but it wont change india...india will remain a third world shit hole it is now.

And seriously you are comparing china with india lol. Its like comparing bangladesh with japan or south korea. Better not go there.

American IT companies wont make india rich. Maybe it will help them to get by to pay bills but thats pretty much.

Let indians feel proud being IT salary man for us companies. Yes that will help these ppl the few lucky ones buy detached home in usa...but it wont change india...india will remain a third world shit hole it is now.

And seriously you are comparing china with india lol. Its like comparing bangladesh with japan or south korea. Better not go there.

Sometimes you have to inject things into the Bhakt brain with stark examples.

Some of these bhakts are truly clueless.

Sometimes you have to inject things into the Bhakt brain with stark examples.

Some of these bhakts are truly clueless.

Basically bhakts fools spend all day boasting, pushing fake news and belittling neighbours to make themselves feel better while Bangladesh GDP per capital has already surpassed supa powa and on the way doubling of supa powa

India will make it in 5236897 :rofl:

Bhai your friend is suffering from Stockholm syndrome. He needs help.

Well, he is an enthusiastic young lad. I hope he sees what people have been saying to him on this thread.

These days its hard to be a real Muslim (at least publicly) in India. My sympathies.

I agree and thanks. :)

If he comes to his senses, you can bring him to Bangladesh so you both can teach at the IT centers we are setting up nationwide. BTW- Bangladesh now boasts the world's fifth largest Tier 4 Datacenter.

:tup:

There are some IT Parks planned in the private sector too,

And there are now companies in Bangladesh offering Semiconductor design services (@jamahir bhai your next job awaits, they are looking for people!),

I liked the layout of the KaliaKoir Hi-Tech Park with its subdued red buildings and that garden eatery by the water side. I don't know how I can involve my processor project with Ulkasemi but if all goes according to plan ( I am arranging for funds to register a company here ) and I come to a stage where I am able to get venture capital and am able to have a design team to get the project to a FPGA stage and prove the prototype, and have a proper company set up, I would really like to have a branch in KaliaKoir.

Also, I think it would not be difficult for Bangladesh to leapfrog many other countries in spacecraft design even without a huge manufacturing setup ( like Boeing ) if it has companies like the American one Relativity Space which uses 3D Printing to print out most of the structural parts of the launch rocket. In fact Relativity has the world's largest 3D Printer. This is a real innovation. Bypasses traditional manufacturing methods. And I have mentioned earlier about newer Indian spacecraft development companies. There is no reason that Bangladesh cannot replicate these. It requires just some boldness on part of individuals and groups who will found such companies and finance such companies. Even one will do, ideally like Relativity Space. And like the Indian company Skyroot Aerospace which is developing a water-based in-space propulsion system for satellites and other craft.

Well, he is an enthusiastic young lad. I hope he sees what people have been saying to him on this thread.

I agree and thanks. :)

:tup:

I liked the layout of the KaliaKoir Hi-Tech Park with its subdued red buildings and that garden eatery by the water side. I don't know how I can involve my processor project with Ulkasemi but if all goes according to plan ( I am arranging for funds to register a company here ) and I come to a stage where I am able to get venture capital and am able to have a design team to get the project to a FPGA stage and prove the prototype, and have a proper company set up, I would really like to have a branch in KaliaKoir.

Also, I think it would not be difficult for Bangladesh to leapfrog many other countries in spacecraft design even without a huge manufacturing setup ( like Boeing ) if it has companies like the American one Relativity Space which uses 3D Printing to print out most of the structural parts of the launch rocket. In fact Relativity has the world's largest 3D Printer. This is a real innovation. Bypasses traditional manufacturing methods. And I have mentioned earlier about newer Indian spacecraft development companies. There is no reason that Bangladesh cannot replicate these. It requires just some boldness on part of individuals and groups who will found such companies and finance such companies. Even one will do, ideally like Relativity Space. And like the Indian company Skyroot Aerospace which is developing a water-based in-space propulsion system for satellites and other craft.

Yes there is definitely some promise in large metal 3D printing setup, but it is early days yet, my experience is minimal though. I have seen resin 3D printing (Photon brand, made in China) for small parts, they are very precise. You are right, 3D printing will leapfrog a lot of other technologies like high pressure water jet cutting, welding and chemical and mechanical metal milling. Just to name a few.

Ulka Semi is in Chittagong High Tech Park by the way I believe, probably not in Kaliakoir. Dhaka to Kaliakoir highway is a mess right now, they are trying to complete a BRT and an elevated expressway in that route, traffic is a killer. Will be fixed by another year hopefully.

BUET beats IIT to become Asia West champion in Moscow programming contest

View attachment 783929
Jinat Jahan Khan, Abdus Salam Shawn
Mon Oct 11, 2021 01:53 PM
Image: Facebook

'BUET HellBent', a team from the Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), has earned the title of the 'Champion of the Asia West' in the International Collegiate Programming Contest (ICPC) Moscow World Final 2021. Globally, it has also secured the 28th position out of 117 teams participating from over 100 countries in this prestigious yearly multi-tiered programming competition.

'BUET HellBent', a team from the Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), has earned the title of the 'Champion of the Asia West' in the International Collegiate Programming Contest (ICPC) Moscow World Final 2021. Globally, it has also secured the 28th position out of 117 teams participating from over 100 countries in this prestigious yearly multi-tiered programming competition.

The team 'BUET HellBent', consisting of Arghya Pratim Pal (CSE-15), H M Ashiqul Islam (EEE-15) and Pritom Kundu (CSE-16) and coached by Mohammad Sohel Rahman, has overtaken the team from the Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT), Delhi to win ICPC Asia West region.

BUET HellBent participated in the preliminary competition in Bangladesh in 2019, organised by Southeast University. They came first competing against 1792 teams. The selected teams went to the next stage, ICPC Dhaka Regional 2019, where 190 teams participated. They came out on top again leading them to the world finals. The finals of 2021 were held in Moscow where the teams were given a problem set of 15 questions. BUET HellBent solved 7 of those problems making them the Asia West Champion, and securing 28th place in the global ranking.

H M Ashiqul Islam, a team member of BUET HellBent, said, "We have a strong culture in BUET when it comes to programming competitions. Our teachers arrange different contests every week, and anybody from any department can participate. We also help each other with problems which enrich our own knowledge. Moreover, it has helped us maintain good relationships with seniors and mentors, who have always mentored us and helped us."

The ICPC is one of the most prestigious programming competitions in the world, where the finest programmers and coders around the world compete to be crowned as the champion. Every year, more than 60,000 student programmers from more than 3,000 universities of 115 countries take part in the qualifying rounds.

Another team from Dhaka University, 'DU SwampFire' has also obtained the 33rd position in this event. The Nizhny Novgorod State University of Russia became the champion in the ICPC World Finals.

well done brothers. 👏 👏 👏

and no subraminium swiney (or swamy or swimming or whatever the hell your name is), you can't invade Bangladesh for beating your ayi uyi ayi "ha'aye may mar gayee" tee! :lol:

Last edited:
Basically bhakts fools spend all day boasting, pushing fake news and belittling neighbours to make themselves feel better while Bangladesh GDP per capital has already surpassed supa powa and on the way doubling of supa powa

When bhakts see that they cannot measure up to Chinese achievements, then they start comparing India to us in Bangladesh. :-)

When news came that we exceeded their GDP per capita, they were in denial. Some still are, I believe.

I think I am the lone person who discusses these things.

Most Bangladeshis are quiet people and are not given to idle boasts.

When bhakts see that they cannot measure up to Chinese achievements, then they start comparing India to us in Bangladesh. :-)

When news came that we exceeded their GDP per capita, they were in denial. Some still are, I believe.

I think I am the lone person who discusses these things.

Most Bangladeshis are quiet people and are not given to idle boasts.

same here, though I laugh at their supa powa claims before, but recently it's ridiculous to see how bhakts and fake news India media push stories on Galwan, turning their embarrassing defeat into an imaginary victory

they totally forgot we have photos and videos to back it up, while they are just empty handed and made fool of themselves

Yes there is definitely some promise in large metal 3D printing setup, but it is early days yet,

Well, Relativity Space is already doing it :
https://www.relativityspace.com/stargate

Its Terran 1 rocket is able to carry 1250 kgs payload to 185 kms low Earth orbit and the Terran R rocket will be able to carry 20,000 kgs payload to LEO. And eventually some of that to Mars. From this page :
100X LESS PARTS
RADICALLY SIMPLIFIED MANUFACTURING

By fusing 3D printing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics, Relativity is printing its rockets’ structure and engines, significantly reducing touch points and lead times, simplifying the supply chain, and increasing overall system reliability. Relativity can create its rockets, Terran 1 and Terran R, from raw material within 60 days.

TERRAN R
FIRST FULLY REUSABLE, ENTIRELY 3D-PRINTED ROCKET

Created in Relativity’s Factory of the Future, Terran R is fully reusable including its engines, first stage, second stage, and payload fairing, and will be capable of launching over 20,000kg to low Earth orbit (LEO) in reusable configuration.

Terran R will launch from Cape Canaveral, starting in 2024.

my experience is minimal though. I have seen resin 3D printing (Photon brand, made in China) for small parts, they are very precise.

Where have you seen this ?

You are right, 3D printing will leapfrog a lot of other technologies like high pressure water jet cutting, welding and chemical and mechanical metal milling. Just to name a few.

OK.

And Relativity has been able to use this technique to more conveniently fabricate the tankage and engine of its Terran 1 rocket with self-developed alloys organically included in the fabrication process. From this page :
INSPIRED BY NATURE
DESIGNED FOR THE FUTURE

Terran R has unique aerodynamic features with algorithmically generated and optimized structures. Relativity’s proprietary 3D printing process is enabled by software and data-driven manufacturing, exotic 3D printed materials, and unique design geometries that are not possible with traditional manufacturing, driving a faster rate of compounding progress and iteration in the industry.

Ulka Semi is in Chittagong High Tech Park by the way I believe, probably not in Kaliakoir. Dhaka to Kaliakoir highway is a mess right now, they are trying to complete a BRT and an elevated expressway in that route, traffic is a killer. Will be fixed by another year hopefully.

I mentioned Kaliakoir because maybe after my desired company is established in my city in India, after some years I can establish a branch in Kaliakoir. :)

Well looks like Indian talent took a second seat to Bangladesh talent. Knew this all along.

Where are the Bhakt chest-beaters claiming Indian supremacy in prraaag-rumming ?

I posited long ago that there is little real talent that Indian ICT majors pass on to the West.

Its mostly four-month corner-market-course-graduate IT coolies whose work is pi$$ poor at best, as we have all seen in US corporate circles...

Fifteen unsuccessful attempts at compiling code, that too with five IT coolies jointly trying to edit each others' work. What a sad excuse for 'talent'.
The lungi poital speaks.. we are all frightened by Bangladeshi prowess..

Come on, Naofumi. The ideological associates of those two lynched and rioted in your city last year. Would you want to be in a situation where you voluntarily have to honor those two ?
Man, I just got sick of politics to be honest as there are just too many perspectives to consider before you can call yourself objective. Also, I have came to realize that most human ills are universal and humans are just hypocrites who just do away with that by using whataboutery. While, I have broad philosophies (empathy, maximizing development/happiness of most people etc), I consider myself apolitical for most matters.
OK, I agree that the list has some useful items for my own projects too, including Fast Fourier Transform, matrix multiplication and search trees.
I am a humble theoretician too in certain things and have some novel ideas but without the platform of a processor and OS how would these people you mention be able to implement their mathematics ideas ? And read the below thread of mine where these Indian computer scientists also are not working :
I am not acquainted with hardware stuff, so won't go there but processors seems to hard to manufacture : Design market seems to be dominated by US firms (Intel, Nvidia, Qualcomm - all three have India development centers by the way. You can apply and try your luck CAREERS AT NVIDIA INDIA, Intel Careers India, Qualcomm Careers India ) and manufacturing market dominated by Korea (Samsung) and Taiwan (TSMC).
Though India sort of tried its hand. See
Yes, China is ahead but they're so in every other sector too, why should we abandon what we already have to pursue an unknown territory. I am not "chest-beating" that I may deny obvious reality but it sounds ridiculous when BD is compared to India. Also, while not strictly "processors" but several cloud companies have been founded by Indians like Nutanix, Rubrik etc.
On OS, there's no point to reinvent the wheel when popular OS like Linux are open source for ages. One can build there custom distro out of it but don't expect to challenge any US giant in terms of market share. There's simply no return on that investment, why should on we put thousands or millions of expensive man-hours in such projects? If you believe it can be done, show us the way and be an influential billionaire yourself, maybe then people will take communist teachings seriously.
But they do provide significant exposure to start their own shit. Amazon ex-employees started Flipkart now valued at 37 billion dollars. Getting jobs is not the end of it - that's pretty obvious but it is also not easy to get the technical foundation to build something of your own without having a experienced pool of professionals. Let's see where it goes.

Back
Top Bottom