What's new

Budget of 27km buss service in Lahore is more than all south punjab

shame on CM for his SHAH KHARCHIYAN when people are dying without medicenes and with fake medicenes..

Shame on Pakistani public for not paying taxes year after year, by not paying taxes there is less Government revenue and less money for public services like public education, health, etc.

WTF Lahoris? :D

You are provided with a brand new and shining transportation system (which I personally feel does not offers much) and you all start tearing it apart? What a pity!

Like someone else has already said, education and law and order should be the ONLY priority at the moment.

Found it. The statistic was for higher education:

Educationists slam 'small' allocation for education in budget
Lahore: Educationists including vice chancellors (VC) of different universities condemned the Rs 6.5 billion low budget allocated for higher education for the year 2011-12.

And for the transit system its 14 billion.

Pakistani kom na shokree hain. When they don't get something they cry. Why they get something they still cry. :hitwall:

i don't seem to understand why people don't get the simple notion that how did the MOTORWAY benefit the common pakistani! the same way metro will benefit the lahoris!

the world has bullet trains mono rails and TRAMS inorder to fast track transportation which will lead to increased productivity!

and as you can see from the picture most of the people getting onto the bus are carrying school bags!!!

for education the Punjab government gave out laptops scholarships and cash rewards!

METRO is a BLESSING FOR THE COMMON POOR and even MIDDLE CLASS PAKISTANI! it will take him from point A to B fast and cheap!

sadly pakistanis can never appreciate anything in the world! their ownly aim in life is to do leg pulling! :hitwall:

One question, are you going to build Lahore Metrorail, wikipedia page said work was to be started in 2012.

i don't seem to understand why people don't get the simple notion that how did the MOTORWAY benefit the common pakistani! the same way metro will benefit the lahoris!

sadly pakistanis can never appreciate anything in the world! their ownly aim in life is to do leg pulling! :hitwall:
Sir g there is hell difference between 300 Km motoway and 27 km service. Don't compare it and cost ratio for metro-bus is talking to sky.It will not bring any change or impact the life of the people.
Oh i forget, Now motorway is more than 600Km. Don't compare this costly metro project with the motorway.

One question, are you going to build Lahore Metrorail, wikipedia page said work was to be started in 2012.

NO metro rail will NOT HAPPEN anytime soon due to electrcity crisis! hence the bus service!

Again I insist Education should be the priority, it would have seriously helped forming good views !!

P.S. 7 million kids are out of schools in Punjab...

laptop scheme,scholaships & cash prices why do people forget these? do you see ANY such thing in SINDH,KP or in BALUCHISTAN???

atleast Punjab encourages students! compared to other provinces.

i think people should give due respect to where it deserves!

Sir g there is hell difference between 300 Km motoway and 27 km service. Don't compare it and cost ratio for metro-bus is talking to sky.It will not bring any change or impact the life of the people.
Oh i forget, Now motorway is more than 600Km. Don't compare this costly metro project with the motorway.

when the motorway was being built it also started Km by KM now it is 600 KMs! this metro will become all over Punjab but it started of with just 27 kms! give things time everything needs to start somewhere doesn't it???

secondly motorway at THAT time was also sky high costing. with time inflation increases and value of millions in 1990s is like hundred thousands today!

appreciate something when it is done good! for example mustafa kamal in karachi and signal free corridors!

NO metro rail will NOT HAPPEN anytime soon due to electrcity crisis! hence the bus service!

Its better not to do it even if get electricity. We need proper urban planners first. I see some flaws with the design of this project. Half of the line is fine and half of it isn't. The elevated section is most disturbing and i wish after few years they break it down. It is passing through historic city centre which is not healthy. No city in the world has flyovers in the middle of your downtown. As per many survey reports, conducted by Japan and China, that area should have gone underground.

Every one here is world class engineering planner.... Each of us is sociologist......... Ye ni kerna tha... wo kerna tha..... "bila unwan gaalian........for Sharif brothers......Others are praising the project while we ourselves are bashing...... It is PDF bhai... Not a sitting of PTI........I am from Multan and can better understand.... what is being done there in Southern punjab..... The person who stated the thread is qualified from Bangla desh?? bcoz bangali tinging is there..."pat san ki sarken"......

Its better not to do it even if get electricity. We need proper urban planners first. I see some flaws with the design of this project. Half of the line is fine and half of it isn't. The elevated section is most disturbing and i wish after few years they break it down. It is passing through historic city centre which is not healthy. No city in the world has flyovers in the middle of your downtown. As per many survey reports, conducted by Japan and China, that area should have gone underground.

underground would have meant MORE COST! hence the flyovers! so to be realistic this is the cheapest and workable alternative.

People also objected to motorways project by NS but today everyone praises it.

Lahories are getting good facility dont know why some politically motivated persons are just making mountain out of a chohaaaa here

you still dont get it, the concept of better education? Sigh.....

anyway, please explain how the running cost would be covered and how investment would be covered in 5 years as per claimed by shahbaz?

no, no one can explain you. Bcz all the Metro services in the world are running in loss :lol:

the ONLY reason they didn't start RAIL is due to electrcity shortage meaning mono rail cannot run! hence the BUSES were started! but sadly the JAHIL awaam is not educated and doesn't know how to use it!!!!

infrastructure was built keepin in mind that one day we may need rail.

Illuminati Khan kay loton ko utha kay bahir phaink do.
He is solely responsible for making S.Sharif as CM of Punjab and Zardari the President of Pakistan.

no, no one can explain you. Bcz all the Metro services in the world are running in loss :lol:

infrastructure was built keepin in mind that one day we may need rail.

Its hilarious ofcourse that is why I insist on education again and again.... anyway the money has been invested in lesser project. so its useless to "bhains kay agay been bachana" or precisely telling khuwain kay daddu that there is life outside the well too !!

Back
Top Bottom