What's new

Budget of 27km buss service in Lahore is more than all south punjab

These busses are not supposed to pick up holigans from the road.

Their door level matches with the level of Bus-station platform.

Hope you understand it now.

peace

These doors already get closed before bus starts

These busses are not supposed to pick up holigans from the road.

Their door level matches with the level of Bus-station platform.

Hope you understand it now.

peace

In an ideal world what you say works but we live in South Asia. The system should be tuned to the needs of the people not the other way around. The whole world is moving towards low floor buses. They should have made a ramp to the road level at the bus stations. People will not stop jumping on the bus just because its high floor. This will only lead to accidents. Though I like the project. This high floor bus is just stupid.

See the irony?

In the pic, they are mostly students (with backpacks) heading to schools, colleges, and universities.

I don't know if it is a chicken problem, or egg problem, or may be this time we just blame the fing cow :lol:

I was going to post the same but then I thought ........ leave it

1 buss crashed at first day and 2 busses are in workshop today according to ARY NEWS

1 buss crashed at first day and 2 busses are in workshop today according to ARY NEWS

Kuch khuda ka kauf karo yaar. Why you putting your share in PDF's rumor factory.???:blink::blink:

I respectfully disagree.

Our beatiful city of Karachi has the highest level of education (or litracy rate), and we have plenty of hospitals and schools and colleges too.

You may disagree but Karachi is dying because its arteries (transport infrastructure) are choked up since 1980s (early 80s).

Why?

Because back then, our leaders at state level and at federal level didn't foresee the need to upgrade the infrastructure of Karachi to international level.

Karachi was lacking transport infrastructure in 1980s that every successful mega city in the world had it by 1901 or at the most by first decade of 1900.

So please do not try to go for "Behas bra-ay behas" (useless back and forth discussion) and try to understand what I am saying.

Lahore too is dying a slow death due to choked arteries. Luckily SS has put in place a ring road and now this.

PML-N says they will build even bigger transportation projects in Karachi if they are elected at the national level.

But I know they will not get enough votes.

They will be lucky to survive Imran Khan in Punjab let alone go national.

And forget about Karachi.

My Urdu speaking community will again vote for the Firoun-e-Azam Altaf Mota chor, Bhatta Khore sitting on his fat @rse squarely planted in London.

And Karachi will continue suffering regardless of the fact that it has the highest level of education in the country.

Sad isn't it?

Very optimistic indeed...:hang2:

col1.gif

col1a.gif

Well Done Shahbaz Sharif, Very Well Said Irfan Siddiqui

I still think that money should have been spent on developing better health & education facilities all over Punjab... we are almost not more than what the British developed !!

nonetheless congrts on the project completion, despite all the objections raised throughout... its something added...

Remember Motorway? Same thing PPP done in Motorway Project, which revolutionarize whole KPK-Punjab infrastructure development... yet first they bash the project with the following keywords, not required, corruption in the project, unnecessary money spend can be used in better thing... But today whole Pakistani People are asking for motorway..

I am expecting same from Metro, this will bring competition among the city for this, like karachi already started, faisalabad, gujranwalla, multan already are on top priority list for this.

Criticism with positive input is good (like yours), but bashing is wrong (like this thread)...

See the irony?

In the pic, they are mostly students (with backpacks) heading to schools, colleges, and universities.

I don't know if it is a chicken problem, or egg problem, or may be this time we just blame the fing cow :lol:

you still dont get it, the concept of better education? Sigh.....

anyway, please explain how the running cost would be covered and how investment would be covered in 5 years as per claimed by shahbaz?

In an ideal world what you say works but we live in South Asia. The system should be tuned to the needs of the people not the other way around. The whole world is moving towards low floor buses. They should have made a ramp to the road level at the bus stations. People will not stop jumping on the bus just because its high floor. This will only lead to accidents. Though I like the project. This high floor bus is just stupid.

Yeah. At least they should have added foldout steps like they have on small airplanes.

Or something.

What were they thinking. $tupid politicians.

Making busses so high

That old people cannot be dropped off at the corner.

Now the conductor has to push them out. Who knows they will be alive or dead by the time they land from this high door.

I tell you,

they should have designed this bus just like the ones in India.

peace

p.s. Ok yaar. I am pulling your leg. You gotta learn about international standard metro system. Thank you

S. Koreans have Gangnam style, and Lahoris have breaker style. yeah break the damn busses.

If it was Karachi, we would have shot few people in additional to breaking some busses. Because we in Karachi dance to "Shotta style".

These doors already get closed before bus starts

Come to Pakistan and we'll show you how to put "Kunda" or "Koonda" to open anything.

Bus doors had no chance dear.

We put Kunda on live wires and steal electricity.

We dance to Kunda style too.

Its the first time Pakistan gets a taste of proper public transportation system. Add the 'free' part with it. People were going to go crazy. lol it has become successful from day 1.

377637_544555728898840_1715490648_n.jpg

But still,they wouldbe ok within days & may serve peoples again?
Govt should teach lesson to these,stupids who make hullar bazi ?
& anyway,this project shouldn't be stopped just because few peoples madness?
For pakistani punjabis mubarak hoo?lol
First tell me, our economy allows this Luxury? Also automatic stairs are stopped in the stations to save electricity.
No need to congratulate all Punjabi, this is 27Km service. Rawalpindi people or other cities has nothing to do from metro project.

what is the running cost of this bus service? and how exactly its going to cover up its investment in five years as per claimed by Shahbaz sharif? anyone?

Sir g prices will be double or thrice to cover investment in 5 years. This will happen after election. Remember the last time their slogan of 2Rs per roti during the election?? Recently, their buses in Faisalabad were parked for 3 moths due to shortage of CNG.

Yeah. At least they should have added foldout steps like they have on small airplanes.

Or something.

What were they thinking. $tupid politicians.

Making busses so high

That old people cannot be dropped off at the corner.

Now the conductor has to push them out. Who knows they will be alive or dead by the time they land from this high door.

I tell you,

they should have designed this bus just like the ones in India.

peace

p.s. Ok yaar. I am pulling your leg. You gotta learn about international standard metro system. Thank you

aah that old trick of pulling leg. Anyways as you said I need to learn so i did a google search "istanbul MetroBus" and the first video that came in the results is this.

You can check it out. they also use low floor buses in their metro. Isn't Lahore metro inspired from Istanbul?

Last edited by a moderator:
aah that old trick of pulling leg. Anyways as you said I need to learn so i did a google search "istanbul MetroBus" and the first video that came in the results is this.

You can check it out. they also use low floor buses in their metro. Isn't Lahore metro inspired from Istanbul?

Lahore's buses are low flooring.

Here:

Metro-Bus-Lahore-Platform-View-and-Bus-Night-View.jpg

Shahbaz-Sharif-in-Metro-Bus-Test-Run-2.jpg

16628_479095038795774_70971700_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know why PTI people are so backward look at big cities in the world according to your pathetic knowledge every city in USA should have equal budget to NY and DC and Government of India should spent more in small village cities compared Delhi and Mumbai WTF No wonder why PTI is failed party you people do dirty politics and cry all the time.:hitwall: PPP, QADRI and PTI they are so jealous they bribed YDA to do protest where Deputy PM of Turkey and ambassadors of 20 countries were present shame on you i am glad they got a beating of life time.
Why don't you people talk about Benazir Income support Program with budget of 70billionRs/year a master piece of corruption. :angry:

People expect development from PML-N, from PTI you only expect U-Turn, lies and propaganda and hats off to CM Punjab and i am desperately waiting for Metro in Pindi. :yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom