What's new

Budget of 27km buss service in Lahore is more than all south punjab

Lahore's buses are low flooring.

Here:

Metro-Bus-Lahore-Platform-View-and-Bus-Night-View.jpg

Shahbaz-Sharif-in-Metro-Bus-Test-Run-2.jpg

16628_479095038795774_70971700_n.jpg

No they are not. The images you are showing is w.r.t. the platform.
Here is the the picture without the platform. See the distance between the base of the bus and the door. Almost 2 feet.

5822_338256219609623_550403873_n.jpg

Here is pic from istanbul. Look at the door touching the base of the bus.
istanbul_metro.jpg

Anyways just saying this is odd design. Why raise such a high platform. And then get buses with high doors. Extra money wastage i guess.

No they are not. The images you are showing is w.r.t. the platform.
Here is the the picture without the platform. See the distance between the base of the bus and the door. Almost 2 feet.

5822_338256219609623_550403873_n.jpg

Here is pic from istanbul. Look at the door touching the base of the bus.

istanbul-metro.jpg

Anyways just saying this is odd design. Why raise such a high platform. And then get buses with high doors. Extra money wastage i guess.

oh bhai the bus is moving (notice its position and the lane it in) and thats why people are climbing. When it gets parked the hydraulic system will work and the bus will lower down.

oh bhai the bus is moving (notice its position and the lane it in) and thats why people are climbing. When it gets parked the hydraulic system will work and the bus will lower down.

Ok I just updated my previous post. Looks like images on pics crazy are not allowed.
Anyways look at the base of the door in both the buses. In istanbul base of door and base of the bus are at same level. In Lahore there is a 2 feet gap. Now no matter how much hydraulics you apply the Lahore bus can't become low floor.

Ok I just updated my previous post. Looks like images on pics crazy are not allowed.
Anyways look at the base of the door in both the buses. In istanbul base of door and base of the bus are at same level. In Lahore there is a 2 feet gap. Now no matter how much hydraulics you apply the Lahore bus can't become low floor.

The Bus is like temporary. Lahore's poplation is like 10 million. Someday they wil have to add Rail. Let us suppose if the stations are high, its good. Trains can be placed in near future.

The Bus is like temporary. Lahore's poplation is like 10 million. Someday they wil have to add Rail. Let us suppose if the stations are high, its good. Trains can be placed in near future.

I am sure rails will come but I don't think it will come on top of this road. i believe lahore is much bigger than the 27 KM streath this bus runs on. Also 300 Billion rupees project I don't this is meant to be temporary

I am sure rails will come but I don't think it will come on top of this road. i believe lahore is much bigger than the 27 KM streath this bus runs on. Also 300 Billion rupees project I don't this is meant to be temporary

Well on this particular line the stations will stay as it. They even built an elevated section. According to LDA (Lahore Development Authority) chief, they can lay tracks. The 30 billion rupees is not a waste after all. Its good for long term investment

No hard feeling against anyone, i found the below amusing :)
BC44QG7CMAAFYC-.jpg:large

the ONLY reason they didn't start RAIL is due to electrcity shortage meaning mono rail cannot run! hence the BUSES were started! but sadly the JAHIL awaam is not educated and doesn't know how to use it!!!!

Sir g prices will be double or thrice to cover investment in 5 years. This will happen after election. Remember the last time their slogan of 2Rs per roti during the election?? Recently, their buses in Faisalabad were parked for 3 moths due to shortage of CNG.

the point is if I am given money, I will spend on Education, Education and Education, I train my people to fight for their rights, become vigilant, become aware, become law abiding citizens, that would be my first priority as a Pakistani...

but this wont go through some thick heads even if you hammer them with it...because to them slavery to their party is more important then interest of their people... I mean how many of us would care for the lower class?

If a worker at home knows that she too has rights, maybe some of us like that, but these haramkhor and their supporters dont, they like to have as slaves than as free men... thats the whole mentality difference between us and them !!

P.S. anyway again asking how the running cost would be covered and how exactly the investment would be recovered ?

the point is if I am given money, I will spend on Education, Education and Education, I train my people to fight for their rights, become vigilant, become aware, become law abiding citizens, that would be my first priority as a Pakistani...

but this wont go through some thick heads even if you hammer them with it...because to them slavery to their party is more important then interest of their people... I mean how many of us would care for the lower class?

If a worker at home knows that she too has rights, maybe some of us like that, but these haramkhor and their supporters dont, they like to have as slaves than as free men... thats the whole mentality difference between us and them !!

P.S. anyway again asking how the running cost would be covered and how exactly the investment would be recovered ?

i don't seem to understand why people don't get the simple notion that how did the MOTORWAY benefit the common pakistani! the same way metro will benefit the lahoris!

the world has bullet trains mono rails and TRAMS inorder to fast track transportation which will lead to increased productivity!

and as you can see from the picture most of the people getting onto the bus are carrying school bags!!!

for education the Punjab government gave out laptops scholarships and cash rewards!

METRO is a BLESSING FOR THE COMMON POOR and even MIDDLE CLASS PAKISTANI! it will take him from point A to B fast and cheap!

sadly pakistanis can never appreciate anything in the world! their ownly aim in life is to do leg pulling! :hitwall:

Has anyone checked out the education budget for Lahore? I am not sure as my PDF's stopped working since I applied that stupid update. But I am remembering its less than the transit system which is pegged at 14 billion. I cannot confirm yet.

LOL.. boo hoo.... PPP bhee tum lay lo.... no wonder hiding in Canada. Did you login just to reply to my post. *** on fire? OUCH ... OUCH... OUCH! :D

He just made an account to reply. :rofl:

i don't seem to understand why people don't get the simple notion that how did the MOTORWAY benefit the common pakistani! the same way metro will benefit the lahoris!

the world has bullet trains mono rails and TRAMS inorder to fast track transportation which will lead to increased productivity!

and as you can see from the picture most of the people getting onto the bus are carrying school bags!!!

for education the Punjab government gave out laptops scholarships and cash rewards!

METRO is a BLESSING FOR THE COMMON POOR and even MIDDLE CLASS PAKISTANI! it will take him from point A to B fast and cheap!

sadly pakistanis can never appreciate anything in the world! their ownly aim in life is to do leg pulling! :hitwall:

Again I insist Education should be the priority, it would have seriously helped forming good views !!

P.S. 7 million kids are out of schools in Punjab...

Back
Top Bottom