What's new

Buddhist pilgrimage sites

Gautama Buddha was born in Lumbini which is a bordering village between modern day Nepal and India.......but when Buddha was born, Nepal was Indian territory.....modern day Nepal is still a Hindu state.......

Anyway, Buddha was 'awakened' in modern day India and most importantly he was a born Hindu(His father was a Hindu king) and incorporated many Hindu philosophies in his teachings.....

This saying is not correct. There were 23 Buddhas so far, 23rd Buddha is "Gautama" Buddha.
Next Buddha is "Maithri" Buddha.

Anyway Gautam Buddha is more likely half north Indian, half Nepali person who born in Nepal.

You didn't get his post. its true that Buddha was born in nepal but then he was just a prince. He got enlightment and became buddha in 'Bodhgaya'.

Buddhism an alien culture has nothing to do with China.China UFO,Chinese heart UFO.

No it didn't lol, I am half Sikh myself and religions like Sikhism, Christianity and Islam are flourishing. The main reason for Buddhism decline was due too Islamic invasion. Many Buddhist stupas, temples and monuments were destroyed and many followers where executed or converted to Islam. Unlike Hindus, Buddhists didn't haves army to defend themselves. This might be hard for you too hear since you where probably brought up too hate Hindus and everything India but it's the trut.

I think that while Islamic invasion may be a popularly believed factor in Buddhism's decline in South Asia, I think the actual historical reality is far more complex and debatable. India - or at least the kingdoms that would become India - has always been internally sectarian, many different ethnic, political and religious factions fighting each other and vying for dominant influence. That has been true up to the present day.

Pakistan's very creation was due to widespread fear of loss of a distinct cultural identity for Muslims in the subcontinent; that was the root of Jinnah's argument - that Muslims could have no place or power in a society so subsumed by Hinduism. I think had you Hindus tried to treat Muslims as people, not as inferior outsiders to be reviled, things may yet be different today.

No it didn't lol, I am half Sikh myself and religions like Sikhism, Christianity and Islam are flourishing. The main reason for Buddhism decline was due too Islamic invasion. Many Buddhist stupas, temples and monuments were destroyed and many followers where executed or converted to Islam. Unlike Hindus, Buddhists didn't haves army to defend themselves. This might be hard for you too hear since you where probably brought up too hate Hindus and everything India but it's the trut.

How can you be half sikh. I thought Sikh is a religion. Is it also an ethnic group like Jewish people as well. Are there any half Hindu and Half Muslim in India?

How can you be half sikh. I thought Sikh is a religion. Is it also an ethnic group like Jewish people as well. Are there any half Hindu and Half Muslim in India?
Technically yes!, if one's father and mother belong to different religions.....

Technically yes!, if one's father and mother belong to different religions.....

Religion is a personal belief. Its not something that flow in the blood as its a personal profession of a faith. Ultimately, religious faith is not the same as a Hindu caste that it cannot be changed. so in this sense, one person cannot be both Muslim and Hindu as thing two faith are not the same. Actually, you have no faith and no religion if you are trying to follow two faith.

Religion is a personal belief. Its not something that flow in the blood as its a personal profession of a faith. Ultimately, religious faith is not the same as a Hindu caste that it cannot be changed. so in this sense, one person cannot be both Muslim and Hindu as thing two faith are not the same. Actually, you have no faith and no religion if you are trying to follow two faith.
Firstly, I never said, religion 'flows in blood'........and who said 'Hindu caste' cannot be changed.....you 've no idea....
Secondly, since religion is a belief, it cannot be restricted, one can believe in more than one religion.....just like scientists believe in so many different 'theories' of the universe....

Firstly, I never said, religion 'flows in blood'........and who said 'Hindu caste' cannot be changed.....you 've no idea....
Secondly, since religion is a belief, it cannot be restricted, one can believe in more than one religion.....just like scientists believe in so many different 'theories' of the universe....

If anyone believe in more than one, than the person is creating their own religion. They are not believing in a particular religion.

If anyone believe in more than one, than the person is creating their own religion. They are not believing in a particular religion.

That is your perspective, BUT technically if you see, there is no contradiction in following more than one religion, especially in case of Dharmic religions which have the same basic principles......

Though religion is not a genetic trait, people tend to stick to the religion their parents have......and if one's parents have different religions there is no harm in having affiliations to both(when both are ideologically similar), OR none of them OR any one of them.....
The bottomline is, there must be freedom of choice....

This saying is not correct. There were 23 Buddhas so far, 23rd Buddha is "Gautama" Buddha.
Next Buddha is "Maithri" Buddha.

Anyway Gautam Buddha is more likely half north Indian, half Nepali person who born in Nepal.

There was only one Buddha mate. Others are just a figments of someone's imagination. IMO.

There was only one Buddha mate. Others are just a figments of someone's imagination. IMO.

I was also wondering about that......never heard of 23 Buddhas.......heard of only one who introduced Buddhism to the world.....

Monastery, Spiti Valley, Himachal Pradesh
2lxghg8.jpg

2iifkvq.jpg

Sanchi Stupas, Sanchi, Madhya Pradesh
9a058g.jpg

242z85u.jpg

The raised platform covered in flowers where Buddha walked(bodhgaya,bihar)
13556318732f1e031e5fb.jpg

The platform, each of the round blocks represents his steps
221954588367c79a52ccb.jpg

The Great Buddha, Bodhgaya, Bihar
screenshot20110706at101.png

The Great Buddha, Bodhgaya, Bihar
screenshot20110706at101.png

Wat Thai, Bodhgaya, Bihar

Thai Buddhist Temple, built in the 1950's by The King of Thailand.
58011759352f37bbca4ab.jpg

Back
Top Bottom