What's new

BSF jawans gun down Pakistani woman.

i doubt it, the posts are still far from the fence, hence you could still be safe from a blast, if you didnt shoot her, if she was supposedly a suicide bomber
We don't know what her intentions are even now so imagine what the BSF men on the ground knew. They have to be thinking worst case sir, they cannot look at every situation and try to think of an innocent explanation.

They did their job as far as all established training guidelines go- issues a warning, they failed to comply, lethal force was used.

She could have been an innocent, lost, pregnant civilian with absolutely no malicious intent but the fact she didn't heed the warnings issued by the BSF and was that close to the border fencing meant that the BSF did absolutely the right thing as per their training, one can't hold these individuals at fault.

Now perhaps their needs to be a look at their training and maybe the introduction of non-lethal weapons- this is a separate debate, all I am saying is it is incredibly unfair to start slandering these men because they dealt with the situation as they were meant to.

Difference is Indians are not the ones rocking the world!!
But I agree I see most religions as political ideologies itself and in that Islam takes the numerous uno position. It was created and used to further the political control of some of those times.

So essentially, because Indians have not been the centre of attention for terrorism.. they are morally and ethically free to commit genocide even since in their minds their sins do not match up to their neighbours?

As I mentioned before, these people are ignorant and illiterate. Perhaps this woman was lost and scared and what she thought were Pakistani forces turned out to be BSF. A thousand warnings could not have staved off that.
The emphasis is on the innocent before proven guilty and not the other way around. This was how it used to be even during the height of infiltrations during the 90's.

Not 2 days ago 55 died. Why should BSF, or any other force on any side of the border risk their life? Would you prefer a bunch of rangers died because they believed in innocent till proven guilty?

So essentially, because Indians have not been the centre of attention for terrorism.. they are morally and ethically free to commit genocide even since in their minds their sins do not match up to their neighbours?

They are oblivious to their past and present.

Now perhaps their needs to be a look at their training and maybe the introduction of non-lethal weapons- this is a separate debate, all I am saying is it is incredibly unfair to start slandering these men because they dealt with the situation as they were meant to.

The men are not responsible.. it is the command that is worth slandering. Who gave such standing orders to what are at the end Jawans(who are trained to jump in front of a moving train if ordered to do so).

No idea what that says. Was she warned? Was a patrol sent in to her, guns pointed for any eventualities?
according to this news she was covered with blanket while crossing in indian territory& BSF first challenged her but she ignored then they opened fire. When they reached near her body only then they came to know she was a girl. Some utensils were also recovered from her.

No, they are free to shoot intruders on border which they suspect might be suicide bombers.

What genocide man? Protecting your borders and killing infiltrators is no crime. Specially when we know very well terrorists are pushed through the same bordera every now and then!

according to this news she was covered with blanket while crossing in indian territory& BSF first challenged her but she ignored then they opened fire. When they reached near her body only then they came to know she was a girl.

Is that not sad? Poor thing must have been scared as hell.

The men are not responsible.. it is the command that is worth slandering. Who gave such standing orders to what are at the end Jawans(who are trained to jump in front of a moving train if ordered to do so).
I still think it would be wrong to question the standing orders for the reasons I have outlined. The job of the BSF is not to be a police force, they are not trained negotiators, they are not social workers. They are trained to keep the Indian border secure and thus anyone approaching the border has to be considered a threat until proven otherwise, unfortunately this woman failed to prove otherwise and the BSF did all they could do with what they had (lethal weapons).

Back
Top Bottom