What's new

BSF jawans gun down Pakistani woman.

We don't know what her intentions are even now so imagine what the BSF men on the ground knew. They have to be thinking worst case sir, they cannot look at every situation and try to think of an innocent explanation.
They did their job as far as all established training guidelines go- issues a warning, they failed to comply, lethal force was used.
She could have been an innocent, lost, pregnant civilian with absolutely no malicious intent but the fact she didn't heed the warnings issued by the BSF and was that close to the border fencing meant that the BSF did absolutely the right thing as per their training, one can't hold these individuals at fault.
Now perhaps their needs to be a look at their training and maybe the introduction of non-lethal weapons- this is a separate debate, all I am saying is it is incredibly unfair to start slandering these men because they dealt with the situation as they were meant to.
oh well so have admitted that you will shoot pregnant women too? well, May God guide you to the right path

Sad news, poor girl! But when you try to cross the international border at midnight and don't stop after repeated warnings you are leaving the border guards with not many options. Can't blame BSF here, they were doing their duty. Also how come the Pakistani rangers did not spot her?

I still think it would be wrong to question the standing orders for the reasons I have outlined. The job of the BSF is not to be a police force, they are not trained negotiators, they are not social workers. They are trained to keep the Indian border secure and thus anyone approaching the border has to be considered a threat until proven otherwise, unfortunately this woman failed to prove otherwise and the BSF did all they could do with what they had (lethal weapons).
well then @Oscar we should just start shooting Indians left and right when they come close to our borders

Is that not sad? Poor thing must have been scared as hell.
according to this news she was covered with blanket while crossing in indian territory& BSF first challenged her but she ignored then they opened fire. When they reached near her body only then they came to know she was a girl. Some utensils were also recovered from her.
It is sad, but a part of me (maybe the more cynical part) is reminded that this is precisely what the insurgents in Iraq learnt to do to avoid being seen by the US's thermal imagers.

We may never know and that is perhaps the worst part.

One thing that does come out though is that the BSF didn't know that she was female until after they had killed her so the question of treating her differently because she was a woman or not doesn't come into it. They saw a threat and acted as such.

well then @Oscar we should just start shooting Indians left and right when they come close to our borders
Every situation is unique. But If similar a similar situation arose between Pak Rangers and Indiansbeing killed on Pakistani soil next to your border fences (I don't know if you have such things?) I would have the same stand- the security forces on the ground have a job to do and if you fail to listen to a warning you are inviting injury and or death.

Every situation is unique. But If similar a similar situation arose between Pak Rangers and Indiansbeing killed on Pakistani soil next to your border fences (I don't know if you have such things?) I would have the same stand- the security forces on the ground have a job to do and if you fail to listen to a warning you are inviting injury and or death.
no you would all be screaming "Human Rights"

The one who is to be blamed is pak rangers. What the fk they were doing? if they are incapable in keeping check on the border than why they are wasting their time on the border. BSF is bound by duty they will shot any intruder that trespass the border expect no mercy from them and unfortunately the woman has to pay the price for the incapability of pak rangers.

Is that not sad? Poor thing must have been scared as hell.
not at all sir , a person covered with blanket trying to cross border at midnight could be a terrorist or smuggler or suicide bomber. Most importantly person covered in blanket at night is impossible to identify as man or woman.

Sad news, poor girl! But when you try to cross the international border at midnight and don't stop after repeated warnings you are leaving the border guards with not many options. Can't blame BSF here, they were doing their duty. Also how come the Pakistani rangers did not spot her?

Spacing between border posts is much more(due to lesser budget) as compared to India. Moreover, various fields and farms are much closer to the border on the Pakistani side than on the Indian side.

oh well so have admitted that you will shoot pregnant women too? well, May God guide you to the right path
What I'm saying is that the condition of the person is irrelevant- a threat is a threat, if you fail to listen to the warnings then you will be engaged, this is a simple formula and one practiced across the world.

what pak rangers were doing ? how everyone able sneak under their nose ?

There was NO armed group mentioned before. Suddenly the realization that an innocent young woman is dead and "armed groups" appear out of thin air. Next thing you know there will be a claim of her being Hafiz Saeed's niece.
The armed group part of this is a red herring either way, unfortunately, she was met with the same force that would meet anyone in her position. There can't be double standards or a relaxation in SOPs, that she was under a blanket and it was pitch black further muddies the water.

But it does beg the question what would a civilian be doing near the Indian border under a blanket at night...

This is what indians are best at, killing womens, raping womens, killing kids, supporting terrorists etc. It seems like it has become their hobby. And most funny part comes when they gives stupid excuses and justifications of their act of barbarism. First they kills innocent then they label them as terrorists in order to justify their act. Such a cheap creatures. This extremist nation has crossed all limits of extremism.
Sometimes i wonder why this filthy nation was ever created by God. I hope their space scientists soon transport this barbaric nation to mars so that we could live peacefully in this world.

Back
Top Bottom