What's new

Brunei adopts sharia law

Brother You fail to understand my point. All societies are made up of different groups. Who is representing Nurses, teachers, engineers, scientists, transgenders, minorities etc?

Lets not see things in 'black & white'. Its not about Muslims and non Muslims, men and women only. Any nation that ignores its technocratic aspect in its development will not evolve as a society.

Sharia law is fine but only when it is implemented in a way that reflects the will of the people. If it is used as a tool for political hegemony over people it is not Sharia but Malookiat with which Muslims have experienced with and suffered from already. Islamic laws of governance are not dynastical so a King cannot represent the rule of Allah unless people entrust him (representative democracy). My concern is not 'legislation' but the 'political blueprint' if the Amir doesn't represent the people and is using it merely for political control, he's directly nullifying the jurisprudence of Islam.

If Islam was a dynastical system of governance, the closest relatives of the Prophet (PBUH) namely the Caliph Ali (R.A) would have been the first Caliph rather than Abu Bakr (R.A) who was selected by the Prophet (PBUH) after a consultation process with His followers and figureheads. Prophet's (PBUH) bid to nominate the Caliph Abu Bakr (R.A) cannot solely be seen as a Prophetic degree but it also has to be seen in its consultative back drop. If there was no consensus and the majority of people the Prophet (PBUH) had consulted been opposed to the His nomination, the rule of the Caliph wouldn't have been stable.

I hope that i clarified my Op.

Thanks
Muslims in past ruled the world for 800 years, they were perfect in all aspects of lives because they obeyed the Islamic laws. And now a days look we have 72 sects and each and every muslim country has been destroyed, there is chaos and wars everywhere. This is because we have preferred those western laws and has ignored our beautiful sharia law that our Allah has given us. If we keep on going in this way (western laws) then we will surely be destroyed.

Muslims in past ruled the world for 800 years, they were perfect in all aspects of lives because they obeyed the Islamic laws. And now a days look we have 72 sects and each and every muslim country has been destroyed, there is chaos and wars everywhere. This is because we have preferred those western laws and has ignored our beautiful sharia law that our Allah has given us. If we keep on going in this way (western laws) then we will surely be destroyed.
Yes but we need a proper society too who will make sure the laws are implemented and not misused as they are in rural areas!

Partially correct. Islam thrived when it interacted with 'foreign' cultures. Our strength is in our multiculturalism which can only be sustained by a public representative system of governance. We don't live in the 7th century and we face different challenges to what early Muslims faced, our solutions not only have to tag with our past but also need to be able to evolve to keep up with what lies ahead.

Yes but we need a proper society too who will make sure the laws are implemented and not misused as they are in rural areas!
Yes!! And For that we simply need true Islamic teaching and education so that people don't misuse laws and don't do sins.

@Chinese-Dragon what do you think about this? There are a lot of ethnic Chinese people (non Muslim) in Brunei.

There is no other context here. The existing laws were not religious. So when you introduce a set of religious laws from a particular religion but force it upon people from all religions then it is a violation of religious freedom.

Ethnic Chinese doesn't mean Chinese citizens.

The duty of China is to Chinese citizens, not to foreign nationals.

Foreign nationals are the responsibility of their own governments, in this case the Brunei government.

Overseas ethnic Chinese have held on to their Buddhist traditions in Muslim majority countries in SE Asia for hundreds of years. No doubt they will continue to do so.

Partially correct. Islam thrived when it interacted with 'foreign' cultures. Our strength is in our multiculturalism which can only be sustained by a public representative system of governance. We don't live in the 7th century and we face different challenges to what early Muslims faced, our solutions not only have to tag with our past but also need to be able to evolve to keep up with what lies ahead.

Yes we should adopt good things with time, but that doesn't means that we should adopt everything even bad or good.
Look brother where r we heading now. Our society has been destroyed. We r adopting western culture and laws. But still we r not going in good direction, instead of going up we r having plight. We need Islamic laws in order to get our self in good position. Our elders had Islam everywhere in their lives and that's why they were living better lives than us. And By imposing Islam doesnot means that there will be no police, no doctors, no teachers etc.

Yes we should adopt good things with time, but that doesn't means that we should adopt everything even bad or good.
Look brother where r we heading now. Our society has been destroyed. We r adopting western culture and laws. But still we r not going in good direction, instead of going up we r having plight. We need Islamic laws in order to get our self in good position. Our elders had Islam everywhere in their lives and that's why they were living better lives than us. And By imposing Islam doesnot means that there will be no police, no doctors, no teachers etc.

There is no such thing as 'good' or 'bad', they are simplistic terms.

[quote="Talon, post: 5608910, member: 141155"

Primitive? really? basics of Shariah out with it...so I know what is primitive and what is in your head...it is sad that in Canada they dont teach you to do your research before accusing! :tsk: maybe you didnt learn the skill :enjoy:[/quote]

yea Shariah is primitive. No place in modern society. But you are a religious nut case. u wont get it

yea Shariah is primitive. No place in modern society. But you are a religious nut case. u wont get it
When no one has said anything except rant it is primitive or no place in "modern society" without giving me reasons as to why, only said the Mullah style because I said so...how I are you different from this primitive thing in your head?

Sad they didnt teach you to do research in Canada :tsk:

When no one has said anything except rant it is primitive or no place in "modern society" without giving me reasons as to why, only said the Mullah style because I said so...how I are you different from this primitive thing in your head?

Sad they didnt teach you to do research in Canada :tsk:

Alright since you are being stupid here:

1. There is no jury in court, only the judge
2. There are no lawyers, parties represent themselves (A woman's testimony is worth half a man's in court)
3. Evidence is centered around oral testimony (think about that one)
4. Domestic violence against women is encouraged
5. A rape victim who complains can be charged with a crime
6. Although rape is illegal, a rapist may skirt punishment by marrying his victim

Tell me ho you think it fits today's society as just

Primitive? really? basics of Shariah out with it...so I know what is primitive and what is in your head...it is sad that in Canada they dont teach you to do your research before accusing! :tsk: maybe you didnt learn the skill :enjoy:[/quote]

yea Shariah is primitive. No place in modern society. But you are a religious nut case. u wont get it[/quote]

Yes shariah is primitive that's why uk legal system has adopted sharia law along with tons of countries.
And it's sad that your modern law don't teach u to respect other religions. But Islam teaches us to respect everyone.

Primitive? really? basics of Shariah out with it...so I know what is primitive and what is in your head...it is sad that in Canada they dont teach you to do your research before accusing! :tsk: maybe you didnt learn the skill :enjoy:

yea Shariah is primitive. No place in modern society. But you are a religious nut case. u wont get it[/quote]

Yes shariah is primitive that's why uk legal system has adopted sharia law along with tons of countries.
And it's sad that your modern law don't teach u to respect other religions. But Islam teaches us to respect everyone.[/quote]
UK shariah law is non official and not part of our legal system. No one has adopted it. Also, it's very toned down and only used by a few Muslims.

Alright since you are being stupid here:

1. There is no jury in court, only the judge
2. There are no lawyers, parties represent themselves (A woman's testimony is worth half a man's in court)
3. Evidence is centered around oral testimony (think about that one)
4. Domestic violence against women is encouraged
5. A rape victim who complains can be charged with a crime
6. Although rape is illegal, a rapist may skirt punishment by marrying his victim

Tell me ho you think it fits today's society as just

You are totally mad you don't even have single knowledge about Islam.
Who told you that violence against women is encouraged. Before Islam people use to burry their girls alive. And Islam stopped that insanity. And Islam gave women rights and Islam says that heaven lies under feets of mothers. And in Islam every men respects women. And in Islam we are not even allowed to make a eye contact with her this is the respect in Islam. But in your modern world people you discourage women who wear full clothes.
And respect of wife is compulsory. In Islam those who don't treat their wives with kindness will be thrown into hell in judgement day. The Prophet (pbuh) said: "The most perfect believers are the best in conduct. And the best of you are those who are best to their wives.".
And one day one women came to prophet (PBUH) and said "My father has forced me to marry my cousin in order to raise his own status (in the eyes of the people)." The Prophet told her that she was free to dissolve this marriage and choose whomever she wished to marry. She replied, "I accept my father's choice, but my aim was to let the women know that fathers have no right to interfere in the marriage." (Ahmad, Nasa'i and Ibn Majah)

And in Islam who ever has done rape is given a punishment in which that person is stoned to death. But in your so called modern laws criminals often get escaped by hiring better lawyer. So basically in modern laws there is money which speaks not justice. And secondly those countries which has Islamic laws, have less crimes than others. Just take the example of USA where about 100000 women's were raped in 2008.

And where has written that a rape criminal May skirt punishment by marrying his victim. My friend a person is stoned to death if he ever do such horrible thing with women.
And what does your modern law teaches you
modern laws allows men and women to go in clubs for doing preverted things. No one stops it. Drinking alcohol along with other drugs is encouraged in modern laws. And moreover the judges and Judy often gets biased. And in modern laws a lawyers speaks lies inorder to get their clients victory

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom