What's new

Broadband Speeds around the world (top 20)

Jigs

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
500x_raw.jpg

This awesome infographic shows the internet costs and speeds around the world for the top 20 nations in the ITIF Broadband Rankings. Unsurprisingly, we don't compare too well.

Number one is, predictably, Japan, where the average broadband speed is 60mbps and they pay $0.27 per 1mbps. We, in comparison, average 4.8mbps and pay $3.33 per 1mbps, putting us at #15.

Source-Engadget

I was wondering what kind of internet speeds people on defence.pk had.

So post your mbps down/up ratio and your location

I will start with mine. 12mbps/2mbps Arizona U.S.

If you don't know your speed you can use this website to find out.

Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

just pick a server close to your country and start the test.

That is quite fast. What type of actual download speeds are you getting with files ?

not sure, I'm not much of a downloader. isn't that partly dependent on the website anyway?
I can tell this though, youtube doesn't wait to play 1080P HD clips

India's price per mbps is too damn high

I pay Rs750 for a 512kbps unlim connection

That means $33 per mbps per month :woot:

(btw before you guys start bombarding me with "I got a 3G 20mbps is for rs900", "EVDO 2.1mbps is for rs1000"......All these plans have a f****** fair usage limit i.e they are not truly unlimited plans)

not sure, I'm not much of a downloader. isn't that partly dependent on the website anyway?
I can tell this though, youtube doesn't wait to play 1080P HD clips

Yes it is mainly the server of the specific website your downloading the files from. If it is a high capacity with low traffic on it you should get some impressive speeds. With ******** it depends on the quality of the seeds and the ratio to how many seeds there are to peers. My current connection maxes out at downloading 1200kb/s on actual files. Usually in optimal conditions 1mpb/s advertised speed (the ISPs use bits to fool people) it translates to around 100kb/s but this is a rough estimate.

That would explain it then^^^. Universities don't count!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom