What's new

Britain would fight another war with Argentina to keep the Falkland Islands

I'm wondering if U.S, Canada and Australia will just sit idlely if any eventual war? Indeed logistic support will be pain in the A$$ for U.K to run 12k km but they will get international support especially these three and from Europe nations either vocal our some sort of under table assistance...I don't believe the pure neutrality on this issue, I guess Argentina is well aware of this too

USA and NATO stayed out of the last one, Thatcher threatened France from supplying Exocets and also raised the possibility of using nuclear weapons. Argentina is in no shape for another war as it cannot relay on American or European weapons, but since oil has been found they are stilling claiming it.

in 2014 Britain will break anyway as Scotland will vote for freedom,so whats the point in going after an island thousands of miles away...

Hi, the point is Oil-Petroleum for the Future, already % of UK contribution to economy is coming from in and around Falklands Oil deposits.

Fact is like some member said, invoking NATO defense clause will make NATO come to help in that case most likely US. Doubt any other NATO ally will come and this is the plan but would imagine US demands its share in this oil rich area if US doesn't get the share, I think US might refuse and ask UK to come to tablet with Argentina. US is simply smart at getting it hands on resources.

Argentina had good number of foot soldiers but they lost. Their Fleet consist of US made A-4s, Isrealis and French Mirages. Pretty much they are in bad shape to fight any war. I think there is no solution to this problem until Argentina changes sides tilt towards russians we might see some better equipment for Armed Forces.

It was last in Lahore when stolen which is a part of Pakistan now... :whistle:

All the countries you mentioned will support England in some way, France will play both sides like they did in the last war.

Not the topic of the thread , but the kohinoor was Indian since it was born from the territory of Andhra in India :enjoy:

Hi, the point is Oil-Petroleum for the Future, already % of UK contribution to economy is coming from in and around Falklands Oil deposits.

Fact is like some member said, invoking NATO defense clause will make NATO come to help in that case most likely US. Doubt any other NATO ally will come and this is the plan but would imagine US demands its share in this oil rich area if US doesn't get the share, I think US might refuse and ask UK to come to tablet with Argentina. US is simply smart at getting it hands on resources.

Argentina had good number of foot soldiers but they lost. Their Fleet consist of US made A-4s, Isrealis and French Mirages. Pretty much they are in bad shape to fight any war. I think there is no solution to this problem until Argentina changes sides tilt towards russians we might see some better equipment for Armed Forces.

Excellent analysis - May I add the Latino countries led by Brazil will throw their weight behind Argentina(as they will benefit geopolitically by siding with Argentina) and it will make it extremely difficult for US to get involved even if UK involves the NATO clause and most probably it will be backroom diplomacy at work. But if Falklands conducts the referendum in 2013(most probably will say it want to be with UK), then it will be very interesting on how it will turn out.

This time Argentina is not going to lose the Falklands war as the Latin America supports Argentina and earlier this year the people in Falklands island were struggling with their needs as Mercosur refused to allow Falklands ships in their ports. So what is that UK is going to do for refueling facilities for their navy on their way from UK if the Latin American countries refuse to host the UK ships? nothing much.

All Latin countries except Colombia which is a western ally will side with Argentina, however the possibility of French Guiana allowing the UK to refuel its Naval ships is open.

The falkland WILL NEVER be argentine ever.

This is not because UK wanted it, this is because people of Falkland wanted to remain british. You cannot strip what people want. Not even if you are closer to whatever country you are suppose to. The only way argentine will get falkland back is to kill everyone in falkland and took the emptyland back, that is if the Britain do not intervene.

Little do anyone know Britain was going to give Argentine the falklands back in 1970s. But the people iun falkland vote not to do it, that is one of the reason why the war broke out in the first place.

There are no problem to supply falkland from Mainland britain, from 1982 til now, Falkland is supplued by a logistic route that run from Uk->Gibratar->Acension Island -> Falkland. Where all are British territories. And you may not know but Argentine is not actually "The popular country" in south America. They can't tell other South American Coutnry what to do.

USA and NATO stayed out of the last one, Thatcher threatened France from supplying Exocets and also raised the possibility of using nuclear weapons. Argentina is in no shape for another war as it cannot relay on American or European weapons, but since oil has been found they are stilling claiming it.

Using nuke against Argertina? :blink: just for the islandS????

Try to get it right, we claim Islands in SCS not SCS. As for falklands, when England claim an Island 12k km away from it homeland, we're interesting to see American gorverment reaction and Interpretation of this issue :coffee:

Actually I did get it right, you just did not comprehend what I wrote. US supports Britain on falkland issue.

Not the topic of the thread , but the kohinoor was Indian since it was born from the territory of Andhra in India :enjoy:

Stolen from lahore, so Pakistan. :whistle:

US supported UK in the last war with missiles and other material, France stayed out of it but had a team on the ground in Argentina which some say helped the Argentinians. Britain never asked for NATO help so NATO never did.

Argentina itself is a colonial nation just like US. most of their population is of Spanish origin. So they cannot claim any historical link to Falkland. On the other hand most of Falkland's residents want to be British and not Argentinean.

Yawn. One mention of the falklands and they all go out into the streets to burn the union flag. They use the islands to detract from other issues.
Their claim is so hypocritical.
The islands are now much better defended and their armed forces haven't got any better.

US supported UK in the last war with missiles and other material, France stayed out of it but had a team on the ground in Argentina which some say helped the Argentinians. Britain never asked for NATO help so NATO never did.

If U.S can support England, don't be surprise to see spanish latino countries will help their brother too including those live in U.S,this gonna be interesting.

Considered as a possibility yes. :coffee:

No wonder every nation want to acquire such weapin

Excellent analysis - May I add the Latino countries led by Brazil will throw their weight behind Argentina(as they will benefit geopolitically by siding with Argentina) and it will make it extremely difficult for US to get involved even if UK involves the NATO clause and most probably it will be backroom diplomacy at work. But if Falklands conducts the referendum in 2013(most probably will say it want to be with UK), then it will be very interesting on how it will turn out.

In my opinion even Argentinians cannot maintain Falklands but still the land belongs to them.
What Argentina should do is go for backdoor diplomacy, ask for % of share in regards to Oil being explored. Think 20% of total output by UK to Argentina wouldn't hurt them. Other than that the second option is War a costly one for Argentina is bound to lose it.

Yawn. One mention of the falklands and they all go out into the streets to burn the union flag. They use the islands to detract from other issues. Their claim is so hypocritical.
The islands are now much better defended and their armed forces haven't got any better.

In essence, Falklands belongs to Argentina never the less there is no iota of disagreement by majority. Islands being defended better so grab them is a poor logic by that logic UK economy is down the drain why not hand it over to Germans.

Back
Top Bottom