What's new

Britain would fight another war with Argentina to keep the Falkland Islands

Depends on where. Most of the southern part of South America is pretty much European and much more dveloped. I have friends from Uruguay who tell me there are almost no natives in their country.

Yep, those South Americans without Mestizo blood are much better than those mixed ones.

Finally we got some stormfront opinion in PDF.

Yep, those South Americans without Mestizo blood are much better than those mixed ones.

Finally we got some stormfrong opinion in PDF.

I dont know how you took at a racial, I was just trying to despell the victim image people are giving to the Argentinians.

2011_UN_Human_Development_Report_Quartiles.svg

The only reason that this topic is actual again is oil that was found around Falkland islands.

With an estimated 60bn barrels of oil to be found around the islands, and the oil price hovering around $100 per barrel, you can do the maths. If Argentina was able to take 25% of any oil sales, it could add up to $1.5 trillion to its coffers over the next few years.

Everything else is just empty talks by both sides.

And i don't believe that Argentina has any chance to take islands with force from UK. Their air force is in ruins, they can barely claim that they have an air force when compared with UK. Situation with their navy is not much better.They had much better chance in 1982, than they have now.

In my opinion Argentina just wants to get their part of the oil business in the area, and this is just political pressure. They are basically saying give us the part of the profit and we will shut the **** up. But the problem is that UK know that they can't do much more than talking so they don't really care. It is easy for them to declare that they will fight for the islands when they know that Argentina is not able do anything right now.

The only reason that this topic is actual again is oil that was found around Falkland islands.

Everything else is just empty talks by both sides.

And i don't believe that Argentina has any chance to take islands with force from UK. Their air force is in ruins, they can barely claim that they have an air force when compared with UK. Situation with their navy is not much better.They had much better chance in 1982, than they have now.

In my opinion Argentina just wants to get their part of the oil business in the area, and this is just political pressure. They are basically saying give us the part of the profit and we will shut the **** up. But the problem is that UK know that they can't do much more than talking so they don't really care. It is easy for them to declare that they will fight for the islands when they know that Argentina is not able do anything right now.

They were capable in 82. We still fought for them.

I didn't said that you won't defend the islands. I just said that is easy to say we will use arms if necessary when in reality you know that it won't be. You are ready to defend yourselves from practically non existent treat. Because Argentinian army today can hardly be a threat to UK.

It was like Argentina never wanted to win either, also i never seen a war that caught by suprise to the agressor, it was just a desperate move by the military junta to hold control of the country, with the tensions so high with Chile in that moment, it was crazy to think going to war with UK... thats another reason of why UK only fought against conscripts with poor to null training and/or equipment, the most trained units in the field where just a bunch of comando units, UK never fought with the regular army that was defending the continent agasint a possible attack by Chile.
Lossing the war is what ended the military dictatorship...

Still the war only showed up how defenless where UK at the time, if the war started after recibing the full supply of SUE and Exocets, not even the hospital ships whould have left afloat, left you wonder of what the Russians could have done with those TU-22M3 if they ever be at war... they could wipe out the UK fleet in 5 minute with conventional weapons.

BTW, there is no oil there, thats just more smoke selling by the empire.

I dont think argies will try again to take the island militarily, but might be happy with sharing some oil there. What will happen if scotland goes separate way, will be part of England then?

Again, there is no oil, every attept is a fail after fail... all investigations put the oil more on the South on Argentina waters, thats why they planned to expand the ZEE...

Also is a excelent base of operations to fight in the Antartida on 2041+.

It was like Argentina never wanted to win either, also i never seen a war that caught by suprise to the agressor, it was just a desperate move by the military junta to hold control of the country, with the tensions so high with Chile in that moment, it was crazy to think going to war with UK... thats another reason of why UK only fought against conscripts with poor to null training and/or equipment, the most trained units in the field where just a bunch of comando units, UK never fought with the regular army that was defending the continent agasint a possible attack by Chile.
Lossing the war is what ended the military dictatorship...

Still the war only showed up how defenless where UK at the time, if the war started after recibing the full supply of SUE and Exocets, not even the hospital ships whould have left afloat, left you wonder of what the Russians could have done with those TU-22M3 if they ever be at war... they could wipe out the UK fleet in 5 minute with conventional weapons.

BTW, there is no oil there, thats just more smoke selling by the empire.
Why do you still want the damn islands then?
What would you gain from it? The islanders all speak english, you have nothing in common with them.
They are cold, windy and barren. Inhospitable.

I think the latest is, with the right investment, oil can be extracted. How much is another matter.

I was wondering what will NATO do in case of war between them? Will it be seen as aggression against part of UK territory, and will they come to aid to the UK, or not.

To give you some idea on HOW CRAZY is a war, the same day that the pirate empire selling smoke like this:
malvinas1.jpg

On Argentina a M5 Mara is on a final trip.
avion110113.jpg

Where it will expend the rest of his days like this
20100501InaugurPlazaMirage.jpg

Again, no reemplacement, not now, no ever.

Why do you still want the damn islands then?
What would you gain from it? The islanders all speak english, you have nothing in common with them.
They are cold, windy and barren. Inhospitable.

I think the latest is, with the right investment, oil can be extracted. How much is another matter.

We dont need a reason to want our islands back, plain and simple, and the people on the islands does not belong there, the people that where living there on 1833 and expelled by the pirates where all ours...

Boo hoo. That was 200 years ago. Your 'colony' of about 20 men was hardly thriving.
Why don't you and your countrymen go back to Spain eh? Then you can have the falklands.

Back
Top Bottom