What's new

Britain will lose by criticizing China on Tibet issue

Oh man can I please please emphasize how useless carriers are in a proper state vs state conflict. It's not longer a strategic asset rather a 5000 man, 10 billion dollar liability.

You're right Cardsharp. :cheers:

Anti-ship missiles are cheap and effective, and they can easily sink a very expensive carrier.

In that scenario, using a carrier is an enormous waste of money.

I thought everyone knew this already?

You're right Cardsharp. :cheers:

Anti-ship missiles are cheap and effective, and they can easily sink a very expensive carrier.

In that scenario, using a carrier is an enormous waste of money.

I thought everyone knew this already?
Nope...No one 'knew' this. Not even the PLAN. But only gullible Chinese members believed it.

:lol:

Oh man can I please please emphasize how useless carriers are in a proper state vs state conflict. It's not longer a strategic asset rather a 5000 man, 10 billion dollar liability.

They are excellent against none-state actors or failed states, to show you how vulnerable they are...
They were quite successful against Iraq, which at the time of Desert Storm, was hardly a 'failed state', and one that used Chinese weaponry.

Old news. Van Riper was successful because he was well familiar with US military doctrines and higher than 'Top Secret' battle plans.

I didn't know examples had an expiry date. I was just pointing out the vulnerability of carriers against a prepared foe. Look... you are really finding offense where it doesn't exist. I wasn't denigrating the US armed forces or saying anything about America. I went to middleschool there and hold permanent resident status (hell I could be in the army with you since I am registered for Selective Service). I love American history and many of my personal heroes from history are American, yet you seem hell bent on discrediting everything I say. Ease up.

They were quite successful against Iraq, which at the time of Desert Storm, was hardly a 'failed state', and one that used Chinese weaponry.

The way its armed forces fought it might as well been. The army left most of the fighting up to foreign jihadis because they knew they were going to lose.

Look... you are really finding offense where it doesn't exist. I wasn't denigrating the US armed forces or saying anything about America, where I went to middleschool there and hold permanent resident status (hell I could be in the army with you since I am registered for Selective Service). I love American history and many of my personal heroes from history are American, yet you seem hell bent on discrediting everything I say. Ease up.

Yes Gambit needs to ease up a lot.

He's always coming to the China defence section to insult what he calls "gullible Chinese people".

Gambit if you don't like Chinese people, you don't need to come to this section of the website just to derail threads.

They are excellent against none-state actors or failed states, to show you how vulnerable they are...

Here's how he did it with obsolete Chinese technology.

This is the day when sarcasm is lost.

Well, anyways carry on with the good work.:wave:

Also can someone seriously answer my question about the Trident missile please.

This is the day when sarcasm is lost.

Well, anyways carry on with the good work.:wave:

Also can someone seriously answer my question about the Trident missile please.

:P

I actually think the Varyag will not be all that useful and may generate as much political controversy as US carriers are doing now (imagine the Indian members here reacting to Chinese carrier group in Indian ocean)

I suspect it was done as prestige project as much as anything else

Because you are. Not the 'Chinese people' as you would like to make me the racist you want. But the gullible Chinese members and their supporters here. You practically believe everything 'the Party' spewed out. This is a military oriented forum and you exaggerate everything 'the Party' said about its own military capabilities, even to the point of defying the laws of physics.

Does this mean you're still going to be jumping down my throat?

The way its armed forces fought it might as well been. The army left most of the fighting up to foreign jihadis because they knew they were going to lose.
That was Desert Storm, not Operation Iraqi Freedom. Desert Storm was when the Iraqi military was fresh from conquering Kuwait and firmly entrenched itself into Kuwaiti territory. It does not matter if the target is an aircraft carrier or a resupply ship. This is where you have been misled. In Desert Storm, Iraq fired Chinese sourced Silkworms at an Allied fleet. Both missiles were defeated by shipborne ECM and response fire. The issue is your claim that an aircraft carrier is best against 'failed states' and Iraq was hardly a 'failed state'. If anything that is a 'failed state' it is your argument.

I didn't know examples had an expiry date. I was just pointing out the vulnerability of carriers against a prepared foe.
Not at all. The issue is who was involved in the example. I doubt that the Chinese military have US battle plans.

Look... you are really finding offense where it doesn't exist. I wasn't denigrating the US armed forces or saying anything about America. I went to middleschool there and hold permanent resident status (hell I could be in the army with you since I am registered for Selective Service). I love American history and many of my personal heroes from history are American, yet you seem hell bent on discrediting everything I say. Ease up.
My oh my...A wee bit sensitive at being challenged, I see. If you cannot handle the heat in this publicly accessible kitchen forum, do not hang around...:D

That was Desert Storm, not Operation Iraqi Freedom. Desert Storm was when the Iraqi military was fresh from conquering Kuwait and firmly entrenched itself into Kuwaiti territory. It does not matter if the target is an aircraft carrier or a resupply ship. This is where you have been misled. In Desert Storm, Iraq fired Chinese sourced Silkworms at an Allied fleet. Both missiles were defeated by shipborne ECM and response fire. The issue is your claim that an aircraft carrier is best against 'failed states' and Iraq was hardly a 'failed state'. If anything that is a 'failed state' it is your argument.

So that a big negative on taking that stick out of your ***. Alright I gave it a shot.

You're wrong. Get your facts straight, Van Riper's little gambit (hah) happened just pre-OIF Millennium Challenge 2002 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Here's the article I quoted
Wake-up call | World news | The Guardian

Last edited:
Because you are. Not the 'Chinese people' as you would like to make me the racist you want. But the gullible Chinese members and their supporters here. You practically believe everything 'the Party' spewed out. This is a military oriented forum and you exaggerate everything 'the Party' said about its own military capabilities, even to the point of defying the laws of physics.

I don't understand what you are saying about,but pls stop use the lable"the gullible Chinese","50 cents party" etc,then some one will call you "white dog",you are not welcome if you go on putting lables on others body~~

Not at all. The issue is who was involved in the example. I doubt that the Chinese military have US battle plans.

My oh my...A wee bit sensitive at being challenged, I see. If you cannot handle the heat in this publicly accessible kitchen forum, do not hang around...:D

Really? With the USN breathing down it's neck in the yellow sea and the Korea boondoggle and billions poured into anti-ship missiles, the Chinese can be bothered to fit the hardware to doctrine? come on dude :no:

I simply don't understand why wasting time arguing with a self-hating vietnamese traitor hiding behind a US flag doing his usual China bashing.

What a joke of the year, a viet-commie criticize "Communism" :lol:

Haha, you know as soon as I saw the page count built up to 7 I knew a fight has broke out somewhere between the "usual suspects", hell after so many exchanges on everything about anything we should all be friends already, no?? :partay:

Back
Top Bottom