What's new

Britain refusing visas to Pakistanis in thousands!

The real questions is why, despite such discrimination, Pakistanis still apply for visa by the thousands? Why not apply to travel where they are welcomed?
This, the rejections for no good reason, appears to be a new phenomenon per the OP, and if it is an 'unannounced policy' as the article alleges, then you can't expect applicants to magically figure out that they are unwelcome.

As many of those interviewed said, the UK should officially announce any and all restrictions it is putting in place for Pakistani applicants instead of charging exorbitant fees and wasting the time of applicants to whom it has no intention of granting visas.

The government is probably afraid they'll claim asylum. Something like 80 percent of Syrians get rejected for that reason.
If thats the reason then why dont make it clear to people so that they dont waste their £1000 to £3000 non refundable visa fees.

their country their rules!
if you don't like 'em, don't go there. simple.
racism card is too old to play. there are enough asians to prove it wrong.

their country their rules!
if you don't like 'em, don't go there. simple.
racism card is too old to play. there are enough asians to prove it wrong.
We are not playing racism card. We are just saying that UK issue visa to only good looking Indians and they hate Pakistan/Pakistani so they reject their visa even if they satisfy all the requirement of the visa :D

It has nothing to do with "being racist".I remember,US embassy repeatedly turned down one english professor I know with perfectly clean background.You never know what they will find via background check and will consider a "threat for their country".

So what's new, their country their right...does that mean all Indians applied for the uk visa gets it, of course not, hopefully someone will find a source who could tell us at the same time how many Indians were rejected too at the same time.

World does not revolve Indians, quite a number of my fellow pakistanies got their visas extended within no time, so I fail to understand what is the issue here, unfortunately when an Indian is born the pundit just injec something into his or her default to undermine and disgrace Pakistan wether it's by hook or crook.

This, the rejections for no good reason, appears to be a new phenomenon per the OP, and if it is an 'unannounced policy' as the article alleges, then you can't expect applicants to magically figure out that they are unwelcome.

As many of those interviewed said, the UK should officially announce any and all restrictions it is putting in place for Pakistani applicants instead of charging exorbitant fees and wasting the time of applicants to whom it has no intention of granting visas.
I dont know which visa he is talking about because there are different rules and regulation for visits, student, family, work permit, business and settlement visa.

We are not playing racism card. We are just saying that UK issue visa to only good looking Indians and they hate Pakistan/Pakistani so they reject their visa even if they satisfy all the requirement of the visa :D
mohammad atif tried to play racial card. pls go through article once more. visa is a complicated thing everywhere. can you believe that its hard to get permits of angola for asian origin europeans than actual asians. if you apply from pakistan , you won't be rejected. if I apply from portugal or spain , it may take months and loads of enquiry.

What happen to our minister Ch. Nisar ?? is he gone for a long sleep after his chest thumping statement for ofshore Pakistanis. These disrespected thugs are not be able to fo any thing for this nation.

mohammad atif tried to play racial card. pls go through article once more. visa is a complicated thing everywhere. can you believe that its hard to get permits of angola for asian origin europeans than actual asians. if you apply from pakistan , you won't be rejected. if I apply from portugal or spain , it may take months and loads of enquiry.
I know how visa process and appeal procedure work. I personally won many appeal cases on behalf of different friends and relatives in Pakistan whom visa was rejected and then immigration judge in UK approved it. there are certain immigration officers who are bias and make wrong judgement when making a decision about certain applications and obliviously people will cry about unfairness after they had fulfill all the requirement and spent thousands pounds but then it can be challenge in law of court where immigration judge look at technical points instead of making judgement about intentions of people. Student visa of my one friend was refused because immigration officer told him that you have no intention of studying and coming back to Pakistan after finishing your study. I did challenge it in court and immigration judge decided in my favour in 5 minute because he just looked at supporting document and whether my friends did satisfy all the legal requirements ..Its not about Pakistan because i have seen peopel from all community who suffer with such personal wrong judgement of visa officer

is there a comparison scale applied? I mean - thousands of Pakistanis denied visas - compared to what? were they given visas in droves a few years back? what has changed?

Once Britain opened its doors for EU and the immigration policy was changed to be "EU first", the need for many "work based" immigrants decreased. Hence there is a general decrease in issuing of work based visas. Has the OP tried to factor that in?

Also, when there is just "thousands denied" in the article but no specific number, it could be a couple of thousand vs few hundred thousand. But over what period? if a lot of people have been denied visa in short span, think what would happen if all of them were given visa - the tiny islands would be flooded with people.

This is absurd.
What conclusions are they drawing from it??
How fair is it to bring India into this discussion and blaiming it on Indian staff working in Abudhabi????

Visa is never processed by any non British staff. The signature on it must be of British citizen/officer deployed. How can Indians decide visa for Britain? This is bloody nonsense.

I have my personal experience in this matter in 1995 my family had a immigrant visa process in Islamabad in US embassy . There was Indian women in charge of that section, she delayed so long without any reason that my elder son became two days older, and then he rejected and moved to other category.

UK is free to control its borders and entry requirements as it chooses. Any visa application can only be adjudicated after it is made, so it is up to the applicant to determine whether they wish to do so or not. What's more, the visa fees are reciprocal and equal between countries, so there is no question of being unfair here.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom