What's new

BRICS countries, A powerful group of the world : China Daily

What is this ridiculous national obsession in India with being a superpower? I would rather India be a peaceful country who had no quibbles with its neighbors and had a high standard of living for its people - literacy, power, health care, water etc. i.e. be a country like Norway or Finland than be a superpower like America with its wars, defense budgets, poor healthcare and generally being reviled the world over.

where in the thread anyone talking about being a superpower??:what: And what does this has to do with this thread ?:what:

where in the thread anyone talking about being a superpower??:what: And what does this has to do with this thread ?:what:

Quite a few of them have spoken of going to war. My point being BRIC or any other acronymized group of nations do not to be "powerful" - Their job should be to improve the lifespan and living conditions of their people - not build space shuttles.

Nothing is guaranteed, but seeing how China, India, & Russia lasted so long as CIVILIZATIONS (I know, Russia wasn't in the same league with China & India, but it still is a fairly old nation with original millenium-old culture), there're reasons to feel optimistic. The US has no past history from which we can predict its behaviour (& consequences of such behaviour) in the future.

Use Britain as a proxy for the US.

Britain - fights wars, colonizes others, robs others, and says its all due to the white man's burden.

US - fights wars, colonizes others, robs others, and says its all due to democractic man's burden.

xinsrc_2030408132041078107512.jpg

xinsrc_213040813204110906173.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

xinsrc_2330408131655296591617.jpg

xinsrc_24304081316554372169618.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

xinsrc_3130408131538296106892.jpg

xinsrc_553040812232417157105.jpg

BRICS is the top 5 developing economies of each region.

Brazil - Americas
Russia - Eurasia
India - South Asia
China - East Asia
South Africa - Africa

Asia is a big place. East Asia, Eurasia and South Asia are nothing alike, so we need 3 representatives of each. Africa and Americas are also very different.

Other conditions include: no participation in any alliances, indigenous military and supporting technologies, fast economic growth, control of at least 1 vital geographic chokepoint or resource (Brazil - Iron Ore/Soybeans/Ethanol. Russia - Oil/Gas/Arctic Ocean. India - The Indian Ocean Oil Path, Iron ore, Thorium. China - Rare Earths, Coal. South Africa - subsaharan Africa, Colbalt, Gold, Diamonds, Cape Horn)

I would say that the underlying idea behind the BRICS is a multi-polar world order. Turkey will not be joining EU and the AKP government is not as close to NATO as the military rulers were.

I would say that the underlying idea behind the BRICS is a multi-polar world order. Turkey will not be joining EU and the AKP government is not as close to NATO as the military rulers were.

I agree with you.
Only the balance world is a safe world.

I disagree. My stance is that a singular benevolent leadership is significantly better than multi-polarisation when administrating the entire world.

USA is by no means a benevolent leadership. It is however, the best we have at the moment.

I personally, would be very 'very' afraid considering the prospect of living in a multi-polarised world.

I even googled but cant find any logical reason to include S.Africa..... was it due to mere international politics??

there r 2 main reasons ...
1) South africa is from africa continent (one of the developing continents not represented ) and more politically stable.
2) it adds easily to existing BRIC

why isnt turkey a part of BRIC buhuuuuuuuu..... :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

- what does turkey have to do to be a part of BRIC

- why choose SA and not Turkey

- what will turkey get out of joining BRIC, whil they be thrown uot of Nato

these are some questions that i cant answer myself and would be helpfull if someone could

ohh.... and what exactly is BRIC all about?

http://rt.com/usa/news/bric-expand-turkey/

I think it will happened someday. It was unfair for the EU to snubbed Turkey as a member, but let other smaller eastern European country joined.:coffee:

Back
Top Bottom