What's new

BRICS countries, A powerful group of the world : China Daily

I disagree. My stance is that a singular benevolent leadership is significantly better than multi-polarisation when administrating the entire world.

USA is by no means a benevolent leadership. It is however, the best we have at the moment.

I personally, would be very 'very' afraid considering the prospect of living in a multi-polarised world.

Well, Which country is the "benevolent leadership" you think?
I do not believe any country would be a "benevolent leadership", Including China.

At least, the USA has now begun to become more and more "benevolent", Because the world has now begun to become more and more "balance".

You are free to disagree with me of course, but in my opinion the balance of power should remain as it is now.

In an ideal world, multipolarisation would work. Sadly, this is not the case here. No country in the world right now, is greater or more fit than the united states to lead the world.

I would prefer a centralised governing body similiar to the UN (not quite toothless) set up for this purpose. But even then, nations will try to take advantage of the system , resulting in greater chaos.

wonder if Mexico, Malaysia/Indonesia wants to join.

and it's good to see a group standing up for the poor countries economily.

I disagree. My stance is that a singular benevolent leadership is significantly better than multi-polarisation when administrating the entire world.

USA is by no means a benevolent leadership. It is however, the best we have at the moment.

I personally, would be very 'very' afraid considering the prospect of living in a multi-polarised world.

Maybe... but who on Earth would want to assume America's current role as the "world policeman"?

I don't think anyone else wants that job (especially not China), even if you PAID us to do it.

The Chinese leadership always state that China does not seek hegemony (regional or otherwise), does not seek superpower status, etc. The official goal is for China to become a middle-income country, that is it.

why isnt turkey a part of BRIC buhuuuuuuuu..... :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

- what does turkey have to do to be a part of BRIC

- why choose SA and not Turkey

- what will turkey get out of joining BRIC, whil they be thrown uot of Nato

these are some questions that i cant answer myself and would be helpfull if someone could

ohh.... and what exactly is BRIC all about?

I agree that Turkey should be a part of the BRICS group of nations. It is basically Turkey's membership of NATO which will create problems (to Turkey). More often than not, the BRIC comes out with a position which is diametrically opposite of that of the US and its western alliances. That may be embarrassing to Turkey since it has close ties with the west.

I agree that Turkey should be a part of the BRICS group of nations. It is basically Turkey's membership of NATO which will create problems (to Turkey). More often than not, the BRIC comes out with a position which is diametrically opposite of that of the US and its western alliances. That may be embarrassing to Turkey since it has close ties with the west.

The BRICS membership is opening for everyone who wants to join, but the problem Turkey won't likely offend the Nato by joining with the BRICS.

what exactly is BRIC all about?

BRIC(S) is an attempt by China and Russia to build an alliance to counterbalance the dominant West+Japan.

The only two countries that are relevant are China (economically) and Russia (militarily). Everybody else is a wannabe latch-on and will just as easily jump ship to the dominant West/Japan camp if offered a choice.

BRICS is doomed because there is absolutely NOTHING holding them together, other than resentment of the current elite.

BRICS is doomed because there is absolutely NOTHING holding them together, other than resentment of the current elite.

I agree. BRICS will always be an economic organization (with perhaps some small level of diplomatic cooperation). Nothing more.

The SCO is a better option, in terms of an counter-balancing alliance.

BRIC(S) is an attempt by China and Russia to build an alliance to counterbalance the dominant West+Japan.

The only two countries that are relevant are China (economically) and Russia (militarily). Everybody else is a wannabe latch-on and will just as easily jump ship to the dominant West/Japan camp if offered a choice.

Am sure if Pakistan joins in, it will do the trick of holding them together:disagree:

There are things holding it together. You forget the problem of natural resources, of which Brazil is one of the few natural resource giants not in the control of the West.

xinsrc_1730408141142171186619.jpg

xinsrc_22304081411407961435933.jpg

xinsrc_43304081412246711019240.jpg

xinsrc_44304081412246712474641.jpg

xinsrc_45304081412246561765342.jpg

xinsrc_4630408141224656530743.jpg

There are things holding it together. You forget the problem of natural resources, of which Brazil is one of the few natural resource giants not in the control of the West.

+Russia with its oil and South Africa with its minerals. And China and India being resource hungry, its the perfect arrangement.

+Russia with its oil and South Africa with its minerals. And China and India being resource hungry, its the perfect arrangement.

Australia's raising of ore prices was essentially robbery. Canada is sort of dependable, but doesn't meet the criteria of developing, and in times of war, it will be on the side of the US, willingly or unwillingly.

Back
Top Bottom