What's new

Breakthrough in 13/7 Mumbai blasts case

T90TankGuy

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Mumbai: Almost six months after three blasts ripped through Mumbai on July 13, 2011, the Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) on Monday claimed to have cracked the case, arresting three people for their alleged involvement in the terror strikes. ATS chief Rakesh Maria said on Monday in Mumbai that two people, Naqee Ahmed and Nadeem Mukhtar, have been arrested for their involvement.

ATS chief Rakesh Maria said that the investigating teams visited 18 states and a lead was obtained sometime in last week of November, 2011. A team left for Darbhanga in Bihar to carry out the investigations.

Maria said that 12373 witnesses were examined and the financial trail of the blasts has been fully covered.

"The investigations were handed over to the ATS on July 18. During the investigations and lookout we made inquiries in 18 states. There are 12373 witness in the case. We have analysed footages from 180 camera. Success was achieved and we have been able to pinpoint the perpetrators of the crime," said Maria.

Naqee is the person with whose help Delhi Special Cell was planning to identify Shahrukh Shahbandari alias Yasin Bhatkal at Habib Building in Mumbai's Byculla. But before that could happen, the Maharashtra ATS arrested him in a cheating case.

Earlier it was reported that the hideout of three of the perpetrators has been found. The key blast planners operated from a third-floor flat in Byculla.

Sources say the trio, including key conspirator Shahrukh Shahbandari alias Yasin Bhatkal, had rented the apartment for six months.

The Maharashtra ATS questioned the landlord, even as the trio is believed to have fled the country earlier this month.

Powerful IED blasts had rocked the bustling Zaveri Bazaar, Opera House and Dadar areas in Mumbai within a span of 30 minutes on July 13, 2011, killing 27 and wounding 137 others.

The first blast had taken place at 6:54 pm at south Mumbai's crowded Zaveri Bazaar. Within a few minutes, Opera House and Dadar were also hit by powerful explosions.

LINK:Maharashtra ATS cracks July 13 Mumbai triple blasts case, arrests three - India News - IBNLive

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

really nice job by the ATS , it seems they traveled to 18 states to crack this case.

None of the break through matters till they give green signal to RAW to take on terrorists and their facilitators. :angel:

I sometimes wish that these terrorists be thoroughly interrogated and then be killed in a fake encounter.
Atleast they won't end up eating the Indian taxpayers money like Kasab

None of the break through matters till they give green signal to RAW to take on terrorists and their facilitators. :angel:

Which is not possible. RAW was dismantled by IK Gujral in 1997-98. And our assets are neutralized by ISI and CIA. RAW is weakest service in world. There role has been limited to information gathering.

By the way congrats to Mr Maria.. Finally we cracked the code. No matter how much these terrorists they will be caught.

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

I sometimes wish that these terrorists be thoroughly interrogated and then be killed in a fake encounter.

Are u gone mad??? Don't you know what is happening to police aftr Nusret Jehan case??? and there brother in law will say "Naqee Ahmed and Nadeem Mukhtar j(ija j)i" must be treated well as they said for Osama j(iza j)i.

Are u gone mad??? Don't you know what is happening to police aftr Nusret Jehan case??? and there brother in law will say "Naqee Ahmed and Nadeem Mukhtar j(ija j)i" must be treated well as they said for Osama j(iza j)i.

So what would you rather prefer, that the above mentioned individuals first be tried in TADA. Then after 2 or 3[optimistic] years when they are charged guilty, they'll go to the HC and 5 or 6 years later they go the SC and after another 5-7 years they got to the president where there plea would get stuck long enough for them to die their natural deaths, and all this while we'll spend lakhs of rupees everyday for their security and whatnot? This is the height of insensitivity.

we are a civilized nation , we do not do these things. otherwise whats there ti differentiate us from these ba$tards who kill and maim innocents for their causes?

we are a civilized nation , we do not do these things. otherwise whats there ti differentiate us from these ba$tards who kill and maim innocents for their causes?
The difference is we are not killing or maiming innocents.

So what would you rather prefer, that the above mentioned individuals first be tried in TADA. Then after 2 or 3[optimistic] years when they are charged guilty, they'll go to the HC and 5 or 6 years later they go the SC and after another 5-7 years they got to the president where there plea would get stuck long enough for them to die their natural deaths, and all this while we'll spend lakhs of rupees everyday for their security and whatnot? This is the height of insensitivity.

I am suggesting the same what kongress is doing.
1. Feed them Hyderabadi Dum Birayani.
2. Call them with respect jee(jeeja jee).
3. Ask president to keep her tashreef on mercy plea
4. Finally tell country " We can't hang them coz it may disturb communal harmony".

This is what we are doing .

USA is also civilized country, what they did. They found, They nickled and they dumped him (Jija jee of famous Indian) in Arabian sea.

Keeping Kasab alive has many reasons behind.
1. Hanging him will give him matrydom as per jihadists hence influence more people to become terrorist.

2. Kasab's linkage with pakistan reflect to the world community that terrorism in india is carried out from extremists in pakistan. Hence giving us a strategic position and increased pressure on pakistan to weed out these camps which they are infact trying.

3. Psychological study of these terrorists over period of time help the intelligence agency to understand the psyche of new generation of terrorists and their modus operandi.

4. Information obtained from them will help in preventing future attempts, financial stream, organization, operators of terrorist cells. Every terrorist knows that as long as he has more information to bargain with, he will be kept alive.

Cheers

Which is not possible. RAW was dismantled by IK Gujral in 1997-98. And our assets are neutralized by ISI and CIA. RAW is weakest service in world. There role has been limited to information gathering.

By the way congrats to Mr Maria.. Finally we cracked the code. No matter how much these terrorists they will be caught.

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

What are you talking about? RAW weren't dismantled, yes they were restrainined a bit by politicians but these days capacity building is going on to a huge extent. And RAW is on of the most active intelligence again des in the world with extensive skills in SIGNET, HUMINT etc

Recent snatch and grab ops in Nepal/BD/SL are testament to this, not to mention the intelligence that was given to BD recently abou the coup most likely came from RAW.

Hopeless..how many terrorist we have penalised till now?..no matter how many u arrest...doesnt matter if the case has been cracked..they will never be brought to justice:tdown:

my own indian hyderabadi friend told me, innocent muslims are arrested they are tortured and they are not even guilty, one kid who was studying for masters got arrested in a makka masjid blast, the kid was innocent, but he got tortured, and aftyer long time in jail he was released but his career was destroyed and he couldnt find any job

it is utter BS that every terror will link to muslims

pakistanis can imagine the life muslims are having in india

my own indian hyderabadi friend told me, innocent muslims are arrested they are tortured and they are not even guilty, one kid who was studying for masters got arrested in a makka masjid blast, the kid was innocent, but he got tortured, and aftyer long time in jail he was released but his career was destroyed and he couldnt find any job

But what your "Indian Hyderabadi friend" failed to tell you is that the govt has apologized to them and each of the deserving person was paid compensation of 3 Lakh rupees and a proposal is forwarded to Andhra Pradesh Govt to award them permanant govt jobs. BTW, didnt your "Indian Hyderabadi friend" not tell you about innocent hindu youth being subjected to cruel police harassment under pressure from MIM?

Keeping Kasab alive has many reasons behind.
1. Hanging him will give him matrydom as per jihadists hence influence more people to become terrorist.
Flawed logic...same logic was given by Obama when asked y he didn't released the pic of OBL

2. Kasab's linkage with pakistan reflect to the world community that terrorism in india is carried outfrom extremists in pakistan. Hence giving us a strategic position and increased pressure on pakistan to weed out these camps which they are infact trying.
will u care enough to describe how keeping him alive will build our strategic position against pakistan :what:
4. Information obtained from them will help in preventing future attempts, financial stream, organization, operators of terrorist cells. Every terrorist knows that as long as he has more information to bargain with, he will be kept alive
considering ur logic keeping Afzal Guru and Kasaab alive couldn't stop these terrorist from attacking us again
eg.
-13 February 2010 - a bomb explosion at the German Bakery in Pune killed fourteen people, and injured at least 60 more
-2011 Mumbai bombings
-2011 Delhi High court bombing
or its our failure that we r not able to bend these guyz to obtain suitable information yet?
3. Psychological study of these terrorists over period of time help the intelligence agency to understand the psyche of new generation of terrorists and their modus operandi.
do u really believe our desi police has got that kind of expertise to study the Psychological study over these terrorist...all they can do is some fake encounters to get out-of-turn promotion.

when did u resigned from the post of editor in Manohar Kahaniyan?

Back
Top Bottom