What's new

BREAKING - US Federal Court issues summons against Narendra Modi.

Modi could authorise anyone (if he wanted to).

Why would he ?

I'm not overstating the importance attached by the Americans to PM Modi's visit but it is my opinion that there is a real desire to get things back on track from the absolute mess that they were in. The Americans have their interests & I think they believe that in Modi, they have a guy they can do business with. contrary to what you said, US presidents very rarely receive heads of state/government in the white house during the UN meeting. I think there is a clear interest to meet Modi & firmly put the past behind (we can discuss this in a few days, after the visit to have more clarity). Defence will get a pretty big boost and the Americans believe they need Modi for the big picture dealing in Asia. as you said, lets see how that works out.

India Likely To Buy S-70B Sea Hawk Helicopters During Modi's US Visit | Business Insider India

A buyer seller relationship is not a relationship.

I am talking about something more substantive like revenue sharing and repatriation of India money stuck in the US SS system. Visa on arrival for US citizens and easier Visa rules for Indian citizens.

US is keen for India to remove generic patents for a lot of US drugs. It has threatened to put sanctions on us. US is also keen on India to support their position of WTO, something which Modi is opposed to as a matter of principle.

Obama will have a few meetings on the side lines of the UN meet. They US do not grant state visits status during UN session.

US has its interests but Obama might not have the drive, which might be compensated by the dynamism of Modi the person. :lol:

I see this meeting more as an opportunity to put the unpleasant past behind and start with a clean slate.

@$$holes should mind their own business. This is India's internal affairs. Some ambassador with diplomatic immunity should return the summons with the note 'sc*rew you'

because someone filed a case now, and not before. This is nothing new summons have been generated prior to previous PM's visit too. Its an automatic process and these summons get rejected later. One who filed the case knew fully well nothing will happen and just wanted attention.

because someone filed a case now, and not before. This is nothing new summons have been generated prior to previous PM's visit too. Its an automatic process and these summons get rejected later. One who filed the case knew fully well nothing will happen and just wanted attention.
well in person did not receive summons then ?

Different rules for Indians. India is a weak country.

good keep living in your own bubble yes we are weak! you are the kung fu masters, spilters of bamboo and lord of the chopsticks.

good for you...
ps soy sauce is bad for your teeth enamel... so is dog and cat meat.

No , I don't think anyone did. At least its not mentioned anywhere I could find. But one thing i am sure of is that a case was filed prior to Manmohans visit to USA and he was summoned. But it was later rejected by the court .

India is not even a country created by 'Indians' :lol:

There was not even a country called 'India' with a central government before the Brits conquered all those little backward Hindu kingdoms and colonised them and glued it together and called it 'India'.

Winston Churchill was the founding father of the union of 'India'.
yes and panda's were your forefathers that were given ak47's and meth labs... really making sense now. :cuckoo:

And the US of A talking about 'human rights violations'? Really? Check this out...

b2418699ca6ab2b2e46a448629bbaf7a.jpg

What have the Yanks done about this? Why are their courts silent? Do they have a license to kill?

Meanwhile, the drone strikes continue in many parts of the world, and bodies of dead innocent civilians keep piling up.

Last edited:
This is very degrading to the PM of India. However, considering his complicity in the 2002 pogrom against Muslims in Gujarat it is understandable.

Obama's way of trolling Modi :D

Actually trolling would be when Modi would be given a rousing welcome at Madison squre garden by 20000 people and thousands more will be watching this live at Times Square... That would be proverbial 'showing the finger' to the US Court and so-called 'bleeding hearts' like you...

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom