What's new

Breaking News Versions on Oil Discovery within week

It definitely is not a curse as you said.
You are right, I shouldn’t argue with your thought process according to which: pakistan is a beggar (loans), cursed (oil/gas) and colonized (cpec)...

a lot of societies with natural resources are ruled by despots who want to extract the money while the masses live in combination of poverty and oppression

you are entitled to your views. why throw out the british in the first place ?

Oh man I can literally smell someone burning :flame:; first according to you for Pakistan seeking loans is begging, and now an oil discovery is a curse!!! :omghaha:

Here is a glimpse of the cursed ME due to oil discovery: :dance3:

View attachment 549360
look at nigeria one of the top producers but people literally burn to death due to stealing fuel from pieline and due to hunger

middle east sucess lies ins table govt ..otherwise look at iraq and libya ...

if maryum and bilawal comes back..no amount of oil will save pakistan..

remeber back in 1990s we had super surplus gas..did it helped us...no..that decade was slowest growth we had..than mid 2000s on the back of the same gas we saw a boom and than came energy shortage once use exploded..

last 5 years NOT EVEN A SINGLE BLOCK WAS AUCTIONED..NADA..ZILCH..ZER0

If oil reserves are close to 300 Billions barrel oil ,there will be same amount of gas will be above oil pocket, which can be used to produce HDPE and LDPE used for making more than 1000 plastic and PVC products.

if its 20 billion barrels oil than its mean it can fulfill our needs for 123 years as follow
Pakistan daily oil need =450,000
Pakistan monthly oil need= 450,000*30= 13500,000
Pakistan Annual oil need= 13500,000*12= 162,000,000
so Reserve will fulfill our needs = 20,000,000,000/162,000,000= 123 Years

ALLAH kere yeh Sub Such ho. Amin Ya Rubul Alameen
Thats shitty estimation going wrong from the very start. You assumed our needs will stay the same????????????
Thats not how world works!!!!!!!!

as per my info, Xmobil will get 25% profit from these reserves. they can get while supplying in Pakistan. secondly we are growing economy like USA, we should not export even a one liter oil from our reserves

with demand we will able to discover new reserves IN SHA ALLAH. But lets suppose other factors will reduce some years, but how much 20 30 40?????. 123 is too big.. Even its enough to change our life if reserves lasted for 50 years

In terms of money, 20 bn barrel roughly equal to =20*70= 1400 Billion Dollars

You have to include the cost of extraction and quality of the crude. Its speculation right now.
Pakistan has vast proven energy resources: hydro solar, coal, shale/oil&gas & biomass... enough to approach first world levels of per capita energy production. We have to get our act together and focus on economic and industrial development.

2019 could be a great year in Pakistani history. They whole world expected us to be whipped into submission by Modi....Our military forces rose to the challenge and humbled the enemy. Our enemy has the more advanced weapons, more men, more financial resources, more diplomatic support.....but it didn't matter...we still retaliated and embarrassed them...stunning the world.

In 2019 we started to exploit our coal resources for electric production. We are determined to develop our hydro resources. We may have found large oil/gas off our coast. Despite the economic squeeze from USA and India, we have not collapsed (with help from China, KSA and some others admittedly). But if Pakistan can rise economically and industrially, the power balance of the Islamic world will shift big time and there will be big ripples felt in the region and world.

Last edited:
look at nigeria one of the top producers but people literally burn to death due to stealing fuel from pieline and due to hunger

middle east sucess lies ins table govt ..otherwise look at iraq and libya ...

if maryum and bilawal comes back..no amount of oil will save pakistan..

remeber back in 1990s we had super surplus gas..did it helped us...no..that decade was slowest growth we had..than mid 2000s on the back of the same gas we saw a boom and than came energy shortage once use exploded..

last 5 years NOT EVEN A SINGLE BLOCK WAS AUCTIONED..NADA..ZILCH..ZER0

You could be wrong.

Back in 1990's we had surplus gas because we had no CNG stations. Thank Musharaf for that.

The offshore block where discovery is being announced daily was also auctioned by the same crooks.

Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan has hinted at finding ‘massive’ oil reserves in recent off-shore drilling off the coast of Karachi.

“Pakistan will not need to import oil after reserves are found near Karachi’s seas,” said Imran while talking to media at Prime Minister House in Islamabad on Monday.

https://gulfnews.com/world/asia/pak...ts-at-finding-massive-oil-reserves-1.62904011

People have been wildly speculating the size of the new found oil & gas reservoir, so here is my guesstimate: Approx 20bn to 27bn barrels.

Plus there is good news of multiple new gas fields, Thar coal has started producing electricity. All these indicators point to a change in destiny. All of this could have happened in the previous two Govt's tenure, but it didn't. I have said this before Allah works in mysterious ways, we cannot fathom the depth of his wisdom.

Pakistan needs to focus on limiting corruption, and investing in Health, Education, housing, and Defence.

Congratulations! May Allah give you the wisdom to use this new found wealth wisely.

Best Regards
Paksitan Zindabad, Pakistan Paindabad :pakistan:

Plus After We Have Given India A Big Whooping On Their Posteriors The West Is Now Recognizing and Respecting Pakistan

Great Times Ahead

Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan has hinted at finding ‘massive’ oil reserves in recent off-shore drilling off the coast of Karachi.

“Pakistan will not need to import oil after reserves are found near Karachi’s seas,” said Imran while talking to media at Prime Minister House in Islamabad on Monday.

https://gulfnews.com/world/asia/pak...ts-at-finding-massive-oil-reserves-1.62904011

People have been wildly speculating the size of the new found oil & gas reservoir, so here is my guesstimate: Approx 20bn to 27bn barrels.

Plus there is good news of multiple new gas fields, Thar coal has started producing electricity. All these indicators point to a change in destiny. All of this could have happened in the previous two Govt's tenure, but it didn't. I have said this before Allah works in mysterious ways, we cannot fathom the depth of his wisdom.

Pakistan needs to focus on limiting corruption, and investing in Health, Education, housing, and Defence.

Congratulations! May Allah give you the wisdom to use this new found wealth wisely.

Best Regards
Paksitan Zindabad, Pakistan Paindabad :pakistan:
Abb mujhe koi tips dein kunke arabi banna hai mein , aik R.R chiye mujhe
Anta habibi makhn malai :D

Yep

Until confirmation we have zero
At the moment we know we have found oil and Gas in this drilling, but the exact amount of it is not known yet. However it will reduce our import bill if not totally substitute.

Given its only speculation. But the estimated possible reserves are over 100 billion barrel that will put is above Kuwait.

http://www.arabnews.com/node/1351556/world

even 20 billion Barrel are enough to change the fate of our loving Pakistan
Current estimate put it over 100 billion barrel and place it ahead of Kuwaiti reserves.

So this will be massive massive if they do find oil and there seems to be strong indicators.

These reserves, if true, don't have to be seismic. A relatively 'small' field, if it totally fulfills our yearly demand would be a game changer to our balance of payments and economy.

They said ' biggest in Asia', I assume it doesn't mean the middle east. Think Indonesia and Brunei.

How is middle east not in Asia?
They are counting the numbers by comparing with the single largest feed and not how much a country produces as a whole. For example the oil in Saudi Arabia is not coming out of a single reserve but many reserves, so it's not hard to have a single reserve in the sea that is largest in the entire Asia but not in the world, because I guess there are bigger reserves in Africa, specially Nigeria...

There is a very good reason why it didn't happen in the previous two governments. It has been a systematic and well planned journey.

First, they got the extension to our economic zone through meticulous survey.

Then, they were resurrecting the Navy and turning it into a force capable of defending the rigs, increasing investor confidence. Now that the Navy has proven itself with multiple submarine detections and holding off Indian aggression, they can move forth.

Another angle is the strategic reset of ties with America. The purely military relationship has been turned into an economic one. I personally think, ties could not be reset when people at the helm had been beggars pleading the Americans to secure their governments. The result would have been similar to Nigeria.

It didn't happen in the previous governments because those governments were manufactured and installed to weaken Pakistan. To throw away and bury anything that can take the country towards progress an destroy its institutions.
Everything you mentioned could have always happened after working on extracting that oil and gas and using its riches to fix everything and far better than we did otherwise, so that logic doesn't really compute well tbh...

Here's my guess: ~500 million barrels

Back
Top Bottom