What's new

Breaking News: Trump declares any Iranian Strike will mean WAR

Former CIA Director and general David Petraeus on Soleimani

Well , almost all people who currently attending funeral knew about probability of all out war .... But from what i here from their talks , most of them believe we should avange Sepahbod death or else USA would do even worse

Well , almost all people who currently attending funeral knew about probability of all out war .... But from what i here from their talks , most of them believe we should avange Sepahbod death or else USA would do even worse

The China trade war tells otherwise. If China did not respond to the tariffs, trumps ego would not be hurt and would only have limited tariffs on China.

I already knew after the US leaves Iraq, the Iraqis would be sanctioned, this is how trump works. They want to bankrupt Iraq so their anti-American Democracy falls.

There may be more attacks sure to prevent US from leaving Iraq, it is a sign of them losing. But trump can only do this if the PMU responds or a false flag, I doubt trump would attack without a false flag.

Getting USA to leave Iraq is the chess game, don't get drawn into a military conflict, it only brings in more occupying troops. trump wants Assad gone and the Iraqi government gone. Let the army of thugs and rapists leave the Middle East. And for now you have the goodwill of the entire world.

In short, nearly the entire US population is war weary, and does not want another war, the neo-nazis base of the Republican Party does not want war with Iran.

trump is so unpopular with this, that trump holds a rally with the Bomb Iran crowd... the Christian Evangelicals. I am encountering Muslim-hating neo-nazis that don't want war. No reason to respond, trump will emplode. And kick them out of Iraq by Iraq paying for the air base. trump has a double lose.

In short, nearly the entire US population is war weary, and does not want another war, the neo-nazis base of the Republican Party does not want war with Iran.

trump is so unpopular with this, that trump holds a rally with the Bomb Iran crowd... the Christian Evangelicals. I am encountering Muslim-hating neo-nazis that don't want war. No reason to respond, trump will emplode. And kick them out of Iraq by Iraq paying for the air base. trump has a double lose.

Iran has to play its cards carefully.

US is nationalistic just like Iran, If it strikes too disproportionately then you can rally Americans around the flag pretty quickly.

I think Iran is going to adopt a policy of continuous aggressive strikes. It will absorb all of disapportionate strikes but respond at a lower level until it builds enough of a mosaic where it can then unleash greater and greater firepower.

If Iran goes from 0 to 60 mph meaning hitting an oil facility then next thing you know attacking a carrier group. It’s gonna lose the PR image of the war.

Like it or not, as we seen with this nuclear withdrawal agreement Iran wants to keep world opinion of it relatively positive. So that means getting beaten up more than dishing out.

Unfortunate, but brown lives matter less than white in the West.

There is sure victory in Iran not responding, in having the Iraqis kick out the Amerikkans.

Responding has some major risks.

If this happened to China, it would be better to wait and not respond until there is sure victory in both options of retaliate and not retaliate.

Iran has to play its cards carefully.

US is nationalistic just like Iran, If it strikes too disproportionately then you can rally Americans around the flag pretty quickly.

I think Iran is going to adopt a policy of continuous aggressive strikes. It will absorb all of disapportionate strikes but respond at a lower level until it builds enough of a mosaic where it can then unleash greater and greater firepower.

If Iran goes from 0 to 60 mph meaning hitting an oil facility then next thing you know attacking a carrier group. It’s gonna lose the PR image of the war.

Like it or not, as we seen with this nuclear withdrawal agreement Iran wants to keep world opinion of it relatively positive. So that means getting beaten up more than dishing out.

Unfortunate, but brown lives matter less than white in the West.

The US isn't nationalistic, they have loyalty to political parties not people. They have no history, or identity to speak off. America is an "idea" according to their greatest neocon thinkers.

The US isn't nationalistic, they have loyalty to political parties not people. They have no history, or identity to speak off. America is an "idea" according to their greatest neocon thinkers.

Public after 9/11 have the government blank check to invade Afghanistan and Iraq all under nationalism.

The issue with nationalism is it fades as war drags on and people get tired.

As the founding founders once said the average person in the streets is stupid and selfish. He cares only about himself and his well being, thus he cannot be trusted to make strategic and long lasting decisions.

That is why electoral college was even created.

The problem here is that - for some years now - the US has somewhat diverged from acting like a completely rational geopolitical player. Presidents come and go, rhetoric changes and external factors vary. But low or high tide, US strategy and foreign presence had been extremely consistent. Not now, not for some time.

While it is easy to attribute this - at least partly - on Trump himself, the truth of the matter is that the well oiled machine is showing signs of deviation from the norm. Thousands of mid-level positions in DoD and state are unfilled. Fact based somber analysis that traditionally informs action is getting rarer by the day. And traditional tenets, empire building, coalition forming and collective bargaining are attributes that have been turned on their heads by the current administration.

I get it. Depending on the part of the world you live in, ideology, historical memory or contrarian interest may inform your critical thinking or position regarding the US. But from a Real Politik point of view, this is not "same shit different day" stuff happening here. Something profoundly wrong has been happening here for some time now, and the situation in Iran/Iraq is but a puddle in an ocean of strategic deviance.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom