What's new

Breaking News: Trump declares any Iranian Strike will mean WAR

I used to be the international moderator of the Iranian section of PDF. I left here because things were getting too sectarian for my taste. And now I'm back temporarily because this assassination incidence is incredibly important.
Serpentine,man you even changed your handle.

Unfortunately, this is a war that we all know should be avoided, but things are spiraling out of control fast and it is becoming inevitable. Both Iran and the United States will lose a lot in this war.
The US can hit Iranian infrastructure, sending the country back for one or two decades. Many Iranians will be killed too. Iran on the other hand can inflict hundreds of billions of dollars of damage to the US assets in the Middle East and North Africa and tens of thousands of Americans will lose their lives possibly. The US will no longer maintain the super power status after this war in my opinion. And all of this can happen because of an old imbecile who does not understand warfare and foreign affairs.
Agreed. The only people laughing at the end will be China and Russia ... just like they did when the US got tangled in the Iraq quagmire.
I don’t care about your war experience form Wikipedia. You are filling this thread with nonsense.

People don’t come into these threads to read about amateurs who think which country will hurt the other country more.

They come to read the latest information on the ongoing conflict and then it’s get lost in all this hypothetical fantasy stuff.

Might as well start arguing if Batman can kill Superman while we are at it.
I'm sorry but what you're saying makes absolutely no sense. If you think the US will suffer more casualties than Iran, then you are clearly delusional. Ask anybody ... military expert, news article writer, online commentators ... all will say Iran will lose and suffer more casualties than America in an prolonged armed conflict. Just compare the respective inventories of the American and Iranian militaries if you don't think so. If I recall, back in 1988, Reagan took out half of Iran's navy in just hours. Here's the article.

Agreed. The only people laughing at the end will be China and Russia ... just like they did when the US got tangled in the Iraq quagmire.
Yeah. It will make our enemies happy and prosperous while our countries will suffer greatly.

I'm sorry but what you're saying makes absolutely no sense. If you think the US will suffer more casualties than Iran, then you are clearly delusional. Ask anybody ... military expert, news article writer, online commentators ... all will say Iran will lose and suffer more casualties than America in an armed conflict.

Yeah I know the US track record of killing civilians is outstanding.

1+ million civilians killed in Iraq war

Discussion about who wins is over. American wins always. Happy? Jesus this board is filled with children arguing which sports team is better

Yeah I know the US track record of killing civilians is outstanding.

1+ million civilians killed in Iraq war

Discussion about who wins is over. American wins always. Happy? Jesus this board is filled with children arguing which sports team is better
Throwing the red herring I see. Why don't you respond to the post you quoted? And if you don't want military scenarios getting thrown out, recall this is a defence forum.

Oh well,i havn't seen you for long:-)
I left here in 2012 after I had disagreements with the moderators over the growing sectarian hatred on PDF. And I am temporarily back because of the assassination of General Soleimani.

Nukeposting is getting so damn tiring, it's so immature and boring, no the US getting humiliated won't lead to a nuclear war. They were humiliated in Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan and now Iraq. If they start openly assassinating Iranian politicians and military leaders, no ones gonna bat an eye when Iran starts doing the same.

Use your damn brain.
They weren't humiliated in either front; you do not understand warfare even in theory and history.

1. US-led forces liberated South Korea from North Korea in the 1950s (primary objective accomplished). However, China saved North Korea from potential takeover.

2. US-led forces invaded and occupied Vietnam + Cambodia + Laos for over a decade; an achievement in itself. However, this war did not lead to desired outcome due to incompetence of US-backed South Vietnamese regime. So yes, this conflict represent defeat.

In comparison, what did China achieve in Vietnam when it attempted to liberate Cambodia from Vietnamese occupation? Nothing

3. US-led forces have utterly dominated Iraq in wars since 1991. US destroyed a powerful Iraqi army in 1991, toppled Saddam regime in 2003 and carried out Debaathification project while creating a new Iraqi government in 2005 (primary objective accomplished). US also pummeled ISIS to oblivion at a later stage.

Iraqi PMUs cannot remove US from Iraq by force; do not be stupid. US will leave Iraq only if Iraqi parliament will request it to.

4. US-led forces toppled Taliban regime in Afghanistan in 2002 and eradicated Al-Qaeda Network by 2011 (primary objective accomplished).

Taliban resurged in Afghanistan after a major drawdown of US-led forces in 2014 and due to weaknesses of US-backed Afghan government. However, US will not allow a Taliban takeover of Afghanistan; talks are underway to ensure a negotiated resolution of Afghan political future.

Afghanistan benefits from being landlocked and not easy to reform. Never has been.

Now tell me how many wars have (modern) Iran have won? Your war with Iraq was a stalemate at the borders.

Back
Top Bottom