What's new

Breaking news: The demise of popular slogan

But there is no requirement that one has to own a car and drive it on a motorway with tolls. Anyway, let us calculate fuel etc., costs for a 200-mile trip. It will likely consume 10 gallons i.e., $50 of gas. So, a person who can afford to fill by paying $50 wants to complain too loudly of a toll for a 200-mile motorway. I am seeing cognitive dissonance already. Not even considering cost of owning a car, maintenance etc.,

You're exactly the type of economist we need at Q block.

the toll on the motorways and fuel costs ultimately contribute to the cost of public transport, buses, and even the transportation of household items. It is a cycle which viciously affects the poor. Those who can afford will obviously not give a damn, but travel via buses is also done by the lower strata of the population, they continue to suffer.
But a bus with 50 passengers, even if they pay, say 3,000-rupee toll, is only 60 rupees per passenger. Diesel alone may cost 600 rupees per passenger. Can you even get a good cup of coffee or tea for 60 rupees?

mayaday cant they not build electric trams probably fuel mafia wont allow it. i swear these corrupt haramis learnt this from reading about the rockfellers and Rothschild monopoly.

mayaday cant they not build electric trams probably fuel mafia wont allow it. i swear these corrupt haramis learnt this from reading about the rockfellers and Rothschild monopoly.
Electric Railway? A funny thing happened:

But a bus with 50 passengers, even if they pay, say 3,000-rupee toll, is only 60 rupees per passenger. Diesel alone may cost 600 rupees per passenger. Can you even get a good cup of coffee or tea for 60 rupees?
again you misunderstand my point
things are getting expensive, while the wages stay the same.

if bus travel cost 600 PKR before, now it costs around 2000PKR
and for a person making less than 50 cents per hour, this difference is huge.

I am all fine with levying tax, but at least levy the tax on everyone, and not try to tax the already taxed, to cover for the people you cannot tax.

if the elite are not paying and misusing the tax paisey then the rest should resist to pay.

I am all fine with levying tax, but at least levy the tax on everyone, and not try to tax the already taxed, to cover for the people you cannot tax.
A toll is not a tax on everyone. It is a charge for using an expensive infrastructure. Just like buying a ticket on a train or airplane. You can't argue that an airplane ticket is expensive because all the people not flying are not paying that.

A toll is not a tax on everyone. It is a charge for using an expensive infrastructure. Just like buying a ticket on a train or airplane. You can't argue that an airplane ticket is expensive because all the people not flying are not paying that.

Roads and motorways are meant to be used by the General public. Not by the elites
Now if they were to impose taxes on luxury cars, then that would be a tax on "not everyone"

thats like imposing a heavy tax on a box of juice, and saying, that children of poor people shouldn't buy it, because it is a luxury.

thats like imposing a heavy tax on a box of juice, and saying, that children of poor people shouldn't buy it, because it is a luxury.
Though I personally don't like it, I don't see anything wrong in taxing a box of juice. It is a manufactured product that needs to be refrigerated, packaged and transported. Children of the poor don't need to drink it. They should eat the much healthier whole fruit, which is not taxed in most places as it is a basic natural (unprocessed) food. A box of juice is no different from a bottle or can of Coca-Cola or beer. No need to hide behind "children of poor people".

BTW, I am not poor but don't drink boxed juices. I like to eat whole fruit. I find it unethical to crush the fruit, package it in a plastic or plastic lined box (that may sit in a landfill for a hundred years) and transport it from faraway place in a diesel burning truck, paying for imported diesel and imported petrochemical for the plastic bottle. I can buy fresh whole fruit grown locally.

Though I personally don't like it, I don't see anything wrong in taxing a box of juice. It is a manufactured product that needs to be refrigerated, packaged and transported. Children of the poor don't need to drink it. They should eat the much healthier whole fruit, which is not taxed in most places as it is a basic natural (unprocessed) food. A box of juice is no different from a bottle or can of Coca-Cola or beer. No need to hide behind "children of poor people".

BTW, I am not poor but don't drink boxed juices. I like to eat whole fruit. I find it unethical to crush the fruit, package it in a plastic or plastic lined box (that may sit in a landfill for a hundred years) and transport it from faraway place in a diesel burning truck, paying for imported diesel and imported petrochemical for the plastic bottle. I can buy fresh whole fruit grown locally.
well, the whole fruits are taxed as well.......

I think it's a genius plan
Make incredible high bills then make nawaz sharif come and reverse the order viola

People will be Happy

Bills are higher due to income tax and 10 other new weird taxes added to bill

They have a Surplus Tax and then another tax named as "Extra Tax". LOL WTF? :hitwall:

They have a Surplus Tax and then another tax named as "Extra Tax". LOL WTF? :hitwall:
9 different taxes including income tax

They basically made electricity bill as tax hub

What a stupid idea

Do some work find the tax evaders you have ALL THE DATA: YOU HAVE NADRA

You know who spends money: fly to Dubai or have properties

I think the whole game is three dimensional chess

Now they will keep this sharade for few months then some how nawaz sharif will come and run a campaign reversing everything and claiming victory

I mean I don't see another explanation for this

9 different taxes including income tax

They basically made electricity bill as tax hub

What a stupid idea

Do some work find the tax evaders you have ALL THE DATA: YOU HAVE NADRA

You know who spends money: fly to Dubai or have properties

I think the whole game is three dimensional chess

Now they will keep this sharade for few months then some how nawaz sharif will come and run a campaign reversing everything and claiming victory

I mean I don't see another explanation for this

Good that we don't have a space mission like India, otherwise we'd be paying "Rocket Fuel Adjustment Tax" on our electricity bills as well. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom