What's new

Breaking News : PN conducts missile firing

NO reason to be so excited guys. It was a normal AShM test from a missile boat. Not something people here were eager to claim. I wonder why are we so speculative that it get to the level of being stupid!
The main goal of these tests was to verify a new tactical aspect. Tracking and targeting.

Relax!
Sir Jee, it was a joint firing conducted by both the PN and PAF.
It will be interesting to see what weapon system was fired from the air.

Both Naval versions.
What about the Air force. :P

JF-17%2BWith%2BCM-400AKG%2BMissile.jpg

Aaaaahh.... :D :D Babur Launch from JF-17 :D :D

Just getting news that Pakistan Navy has conducted joint missile firing in the North Arabian Sea.

C0CJWn1WQAAq5E-.jpg

Is this FAC firing newer version of C-802s?? Because it creates more smoke in launch phase then previous images/videos.

Aaaaahh.... :D :D Babur Launch from JF-17 :D :D

More possible is C-802 or may be CM-400AKG.

Sir Jee, it was a joint firing conducted by both the PN and PAF.
It will be interesting to see what weapon system was fired from the air.
bro it is ALWAYS interesting yaar, do not mean we start saying that it was a cruise missile aimed to shoot down moon :lol: It is THIS that makes me worry. Otherwise no doubt a new test is always interesting and a good news too. :tup: This one is not different. Old system but new parameters, specially target acquisition , tracking and engaging tactics verified. A new capability indeed and a good and useful one considering the small fleet size of PN. :)
I dont think it will be appropriate to talk details but this time, i think that the details will be made public anyway. A day or two max maybe!
Lets see.

bro it is ALWAYS interesting yaar, do not mean we start saying that it was a cruise missile aimed to shoot down moon :lol: It is THIS that makes me worry. Otherwise no doubt a new test is always interesting and a good news too. :tup: This one is not different. Old system but new parameters, specially target acquisition , tracking and engaging tactics verified. A new capability indeed and a good and useful one considering the small fleet size of PN. :)
I dont think it will be appropriate to talk details but this time, i think that the details will be made public anyway. A day or two max maybe!
Lets see.

I mean it is the fault of our armed forces which creates an aura of mystery around such trivial tests by not releasing any details. I dont want to quote American example, but How Turkish confidently release the test data about naval or air-force products, it clearly shows that they know the product has passed all the parameters of test

On the other hand, Pakistan knows failure would be part of new delivery systems, hence they keep the details hidden. It has been ingrained in Pakistani mentality to hide failures and never declare full details of any test.

I mean it is the fault of our armed forces which creates an aura of mystery around such trivial tests by not releasing any details. I dont want to quote American example, but How Turkish confidently release the test data about naval or air-force products, it clearly shows that they know the product has passed all the parameters of test

On the other hand, Pakistan knows failure would be part of new delivery systems, hence they keep the details hidden. It has been ingrained in Pakistani mentality to hide failures and never declare full details of any test.
100% true and agreed with. There are two main reason for keeping things shrouded in mystery! One, the mentality to hide any hiccups or failures that are part of any development process (within an acceptable range that is). Secondly, and more importantly, it seems like they are still living in the cold war era. Where the enemies spent heavily in keeping their tech and weapon systems secret. I am not sayings that they should start publishing the details on websites but a proper understanding of your capabilities if what will prevent your enemy from going to war and frankly speaking, the only way to win a war these days is by not starting one in the first place. Once it starts it will get ugly!! So i totally disagree with that policy of keeping everything under wraps!!! We should be a little bit more vocal about out capabilities and let others know what we are actually able to do. Do not let them fool themselves into attacking us thinking that, hey, this is just a 6-10 ship navy lets sink them as once they attack none of our surprise packages will be able to STOP the war. Once it starts it will be out of control pretty soon. What we need to do is prevent it from happening by making them undrstand that this 6-10 ship naval force do have the capability to inflict considerable damage so they do not get involved in any misadventure.

Surely the technical details and sensitive data CANNOT be shared but there is no harm in sharing a bit of information about what we can really do!!

NO reason to be so excited guys. It was a normal AShM test from a missile boat. Not something people here were eager to claim. I wonder why are we so speculative that it get to the level of being stupid!
The main goal of these tests was to verify a new tactical aspect. Tracking and targeting.

Relax!
What is your source sir?.
The people are excited / speculative because no details are available officially at this point. The presence of both chiefs points to something big and fuels the speculations that it is not just a routine exercise...that's my 2 cents. :-)

Is this FAC firing newer version of C-802s?? Because it creates more smoke in launch phase then previous images/videos.

More possible is C-802 or may be CM-400AKG.

Yeah that was just our wild Imaginations :D :D

100% true and agreed with. There are two main reason for keeping things shrouded in mystery! One, the mentality to hide any hiccups or failures that are part of any development process (within an acceptable range that is). Secondly, and more importantly, it seems like they are still living in the cold war era. Where the enemies spent heavily in keeping their tech and weapon systems secret. I am not sayings that they should start publishing the details on websites but a proper understanding of your capabilities if what will prevent your enemy from going to war and frankly speaking, the only way to win a war these days is by not starting one in the first place. Once it starts it will get ugly!! So i totally disagree with that policy of keeping everything under wraps!!! We should be a little bit more vocal about out capabilities and let others know what we are actually able to do. Do not let them fool themselves into attacking us thinking that, hey, this is just a 6-10 ship navy lets sink them as once they attack none of our surprise packages will be able to STOP the war. Once it starts it will be out of control pretty soon. What we need to do is prevent it from happening by making them undrstand that this 6-10 ship naval force do have the capability to inflict considerable damage so they do not get involved in any misadventure.

Surely the technical details and sensitive data CANNOT be shared but there is no harm in sharing a bit of information about what we can really do!!

A lesser known reason I presume is they think keeping the capability under wraps will deny India an ability to develop a counter to it. I know it sound so sound ridiculous but the Baba jee type people sitting at the helm has the same old age mentality which you just pointed out.

This is why I admire India in this regard and definitely they hold a kind of psychological edge on us as they are so fond of publicizing their strategic and conventional missile capabilities. I mean there is a great degree of info published by DRDO in public domain regarding Agni series that would be consider classified by Pakistan and this create a very valid perception that Indian BM program is far ahead than Pak BM program

Last edited:
Pakistan armed forces have turned into modern force where all three units army,navy and airforce strongly collaborate and support each other out. Thanks to war on terror.
It is a capability very few countries today posses.
It's easy to say we have the capability but it can't be achieved easily, even with sufficient resources with all three forces. Lot of practice and coordination needed.

Back
Top Bottom