What's new

BREAKING NEWS: Nirbhay, Long-Range Subsonic Cruise Missile Successfully Test-Fired

Babur and Ra'ad quite easily can maneuver over water go to youtube and check the videos

Can you please share the video which shows either of the above in sea-skimmer mode? I am not questioning about land.

so could you

We are debating on a publicly available info. Asking questions which has no public data may construe as being willfully ignorant and then insist on remaining ignorant with other useless arguments without offering your amazing insight how Pakistani and Chinese LACM are two sides of same coin

Without GPS or GLONASS can be a problem !
INS + Angular Radar/Laser Altimeter are enough.
Not flight paths over water. I specifically asked for 10 mts above sea level flight path. Over land and water low level cruise are completely 2 different things. The differences will arise in navigation, guidance, material structure and a new thing I learned yesterday, fuel.

And again, I did not say its not possible, only asked for proof if it can. And no, this capability cannot be developed without tests. So its a 'secret' is not going to cut it.
So you suggest that the above mentioned two sensors cannot help in a 10m altitude flight over water? And you need proof for this "capability"?
Whatever makes you feels easy. :coffee:

We are debating on a publicly available info. Asking questions which has no public data may construe as being willfully ignorant and then insist on remaining ignorant with other useless arguments without offering your amazing insight how Pakistani and Chinese LACM are two sides of same coin

Initially the engines were brought in straight forward from the Chinese Cruise missile program. It was the easiest way to get things rolling. There may be have been improvements to this design or adoptions from the South African MUPSOW program. Perhaps the range increase on the babur may be due to the change from a turbojet to a turbofan.
^take it up with the big guy.

So you suggest that the above mentioned two sensors cannot help in a 10m altitude flight over water? And you need proof for this "capability"?

Nope. Those are only instruments. Not the logic behind making the thing fly. Neither will it tell the missile what to do when the data is received from the instruments. Unless, you have tested it how will you have the data collection for the same? How will you deploy it?

And yes, it is a capability. I have asked a very simple question. Is there any proof of either of the missiles being tested or deployed in a sea-skimming role. If yes, please provide link. If no, then let it rest.

Maybe, I am wrong. But let's ask the experts shall we? @gambit @Oscar

Nope. Those are only instruments. Not the logic behind making the thing fly. Neither will it tell the missile what to do when the data is received from the instruments. Unless, you have tested it how will you have the data collection for the same? How will you deploy it?
So we have the instruments but somehow for some reason, we don't have the capability to develop logic for it. Is that correct?

And yes, it is a capability. I have asked a very simple question. Is there any proof of either of the missiles being tested or deployed in a sea-skimming role. If yes, please provide link. If no, then let it rest.

Maybe, I am wrong. But let's ask the experts shall we? @gambit @Oscar
As I said, whatever makes you feel at ease.

So we have the instruments but somehow for some reason, we don't have the capability to develop logic for it. Is that correct?

That's like saying, I have an engine. I put in the plane. Hence it should fly without testing the parameters of flight. If you do not have evidence of it being able to do it. Sorry. Else, please prove the same. The onus is on you.

Whatever floats your boat. I am out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom