What's new

Breaking News Italian Marines won't return to India

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep telling you Indians your diplomatic clout isn't up there yet.

@KRAIT :disagree:

Last edited by a moderator:
Meanwhile in New Delhi. :omghaha:

P-CHIDAMBARAM.jpg

If congressmen still have any shame left they won't show their faces to the media again at least for a few days.But knowing these shameless bastards ...

I keep telling you Indians your diplomatic clout isn't up there yet.

@KRAIT :disagree:

There are a lot of things we can do to show our diplomatic clout. What difference will it make if we throw out the Italian diplomats tomorrow morning and close down their embassy here till those two guys don't come back ? What loss can Italy cause to India ? But will we do it ? Never . Our buddhas political elite does not have the balls or will.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am fine with them not returning, this was accidental fire and should be dealt with as such. I am sorry to say but Indian do throw tantrums at everything.

Supreme court has made it clear that it was a homicide.

since it's a closing chapter, the Italian Govt. should just compensate the families at the very least

indian fishermen should also be mindful about the need to be cooperative and alert when orders are given; the threat of piracy is one that reaks havoc on the waters of the Aden Gulf, Hormuz and arabian sea/ indo ocean

It is not a closing chapter, but opening up of a epic chapter. A long drawn diplomatic row between India and Italy is offing.

The Congress government may loose next elections because of this

i will leave India if Congress comes to power again .

It is not a closing chapter, but opening up of a epic chapter. A long drawn diplomatic row between India and Italy is offing.

The Congress government may loose next elections because of this

hypothetical question--

if BJP were in power, what would've been different

Which list ? Countries which screwed us again in Congress govt. rule. They already are.

Ye 1.2 billion Indians yahi deserve karte hain. Patriotism sirf Cricket match main dikhti hai. :omghaha:

I dont know how the won in karnatak... Thats was shocking for me...

hypothetical question--

if BJP were in power, what would've been different

Nothing different....Anyway, it would take years for India and Italy to have normal relations back. It was a grave breach of trust by Italian government.

I dont think bjp will come in power... Thats sad. Congress will suck another 5 years

eveen though i dont respect modi the way many of you indians here on PDF do, as strange as it sounds a good part of me hopes BJP wins the upcoming parliamentary elections simply b/c at least with BJP we "know what we get"

kind of like how many Pakistanis (except for the leftist ones in DC and New York) were supportive of the Republican campaign in the United States

realities have changed but looking in hindsight ---it always was ironic how an Army-led Pakistan and a BJP right-wing India seemed to be better at seeing eye-to-eye.

Since the Italian embassy in India had given a solemn assurance to the Supreme court (note: not to the central government) of their return, the Italian ambassador should be arrested and the embassy itself shut down. Break diplomatic ties with Italy and all trade with them until the marines are returned. This is a criminal offence by the Italian diplomats. Also, they travelled under the control and custody of the ambassador of Italy in India. The supreme court is fully within its rights to order his arrest. Whether India had the jurisdiction to try the marines could have been argued in court - but nobody can deny that India has full jurisdiction to arrest the people who stood as surety for their travel.

We can easily afford to do that much, it's not like we need tiny Italy to survive. Sure, India may not have much diplomatic or military clout on a global scale, but lets not forget one thing - neither does Italy. They are no USA or Britain either. They need the Indian market a lot more than we need them. If we break off all trade relations with them, and close our market to Italian products, they will be a hit a lot harder than us.

Let's see what price they are prepared to pay for the sake of two marines facing murder charges.

arey baba this is not about the absence of diplomatic clout or guts...italy is a nation that is waiting on the doors of IMF for bailouts..they cant do nilch to india..

its about the agusta westland scam..the italians have many documents that indict the "italian parivar"...so it was a quid pro quo by both the govts..the italians wont "co-operate" on the scam investigations citing their courts,laws which can be used as an excuse to fool the gullible aam-janta here and in return the indian govt wont pursue the case of reneging the deal....

if people cant look through this simple thing and blame on lack of clout, guts...then its most foolish...

one member said, we deserve the congress...i agree..but with a small change...the foolish voters who voted for cong deserve the italian madam...why should others deserve those clowns ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom