What's new

Breaking News : Huge Explosion at Kabul Airport

Second one as far as AJ Arabic goes. The previous reports of third and fourth explosion weren't reported nor verified by them. They say it's in the perimeter of the airport but could be controlled explosion of car bomb found in area.
whatever the number, there is fear in the city. I just hope there are no more nasty surprises

Reports are coming in that ISIS fighters are now storming airport. One wonders where is the Talibans new fancy badri SF

US Central Command head Gen. Kenneth “Frank” McKenzie said the Taliban and US do share a "common purpose" in the Afghanistan evacuation mission.

When asked if he trusts the Taliban or if the group allowed the Kabul airport attack to happen, here's how he responded:
"As to whether they let it happen, I don't know. I don't think there's anything to convince me that they let it happen. As to whether or not I trust them ... that's a word I use very carefully. You've heard me say before, 'it's not what they say; it's what they do.' They have a practical reason for wanting us to get out of here by the 31st of August. They want to reclaim the airfield. We want to get out by that day, too, if it's possible to do so. So we share a common purpose. As long as we keep that common purpose alive, they've been useful to work with. They've cut some of our security concerns down and they've been useful to work with going forward," McKenzie said.
"Now long-term, I don't know what that's going to be. I will tell you this: Any time you build a noncombatant evacuation plan like this and you bring in forces, you expect to be attacked. We thought this would happen sooner or later. It's tragic that happened today. It's tragic there is this much loss of life. We are prepared to continue the mission. ... I think we can continue to conduct our mission even while we're receiving attacks like this," he said.

Explosion was confirmed to be controlled demolition of car bomb by US military.

Reports are coming in that ISIS fighters are now storming airport. One wonders where is the Talibans new fancy badri SF

The security responsibility goes to US & Co., as the airport is basically under their management. You can't put the onus on the current govt. and don't forget Taliban's are spread among all districts and the Panjishar conflict is still to be settled. Their not like Pakistani's who would give it all to save a white butt.

whatever the number, there is fear in the city. I just hope there are no more nasty surprises

Surprises within the area under security by foreign troops ... they may keep coming...

This is such a BIG security lapse by the ones controlling the security of Kabul airport... that defeat the whole purpose of sending troops ...

KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — Two suicide bombers and gunmen attacked crowds of Afghans flocking to Kabul’s airport Thursday, transforming a scene of desperation into one of horror in the waning days of an airlift for those fleeing the Taliban takeover. At least 60 Afghans and 12 U.S. troops were killed, Afghan and U.S. officials said.

U.S. officials said 11 Marines and one Navy medic were among those who died. They said another 12 service members were wounded and warned the toll could grow. More than 140 Afghans were wounded, an Afghan official said.

One of the bombers struck people standing knee-deep in a wastewater canal under the sweltering sun, throwing bodies into the fetid water. Those who moments earlier had hoped to get on flights out could be seen carrying the wounded to ambulances in a daze, their own clothes darkened with blood.

The security responsibility goes to US & Co., as the airport is basically under their management. You can't put the onus on the current govt. and don't forget Taliban's are spread among all districts and the Panjishar conflict is still to be settled. Their not like Pakistani's who would give it all to save a white butt.
Foreign troops are inside the airport.

Afghan Taliban are outside the airport.

All were aware that ISIS-K will infiltrate the crowd at some point.

Taliban are responsible for security of City and area outside airport .

Even afghans are saying that now
What's 01 unit?

Surprises within the area under security by foreign troops ... they may keep coming...

This is such a BIG security lapse by the ones controlling the security of Kabul airport... that defeat the whole purpose of sending troops ...
Both failures actually. The attackers managed to penetrate the outer rim held by the Taliban. And it raises further questions.
1) Where did they get the ammo
2) Who within ISIS in Afghanistan planned this
3) Where are they based
4) How did pull it off
5) What will be the response of US and Taliban?

Taliban were media-neutralized. Stupid Western media didn't 'get the memo' that this all has been an orchestrated deal which was in the interests of both the departing Americans and the Taliban to have as orderly and as quick withdrawal as possible!

ISIS-K OR ISIL?

Attachments

• 20210827_010357.jpg
    20210827_010357.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 20210827_010357.jpg
    20210827_010357.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 36
WASHINGTON — President Joe Biden is set to speak following the deadly explosions outside the airport in Kabul that killed 12 U.S. service members and scores of Afghans.

The White House says Biden will address the nation from the White House at 5 p.m. on Thursday.

Two suicide bombers and gunmen struck crowds of Afghans waiting in Kabul to flee life under the Taliban on departing flights. A U.S. operation airlifting American citizens and vulnerable Afghans to other countries is set to end Tuesday, a deadline set by Biden.

The Islamic State group’s affiliate in Afghanistan has claimed responsibility for the attack.

Biden has been under intense pressure to extend the evacuations beyond Tuesday, but repeatedly has cited the threat of attack for sticking to his deadline.

Taliban are responsible for security of City and area outside airport .

Even afghans are saying that now
What's 01 unit?

Yeah, it's a joint effort between both. But there is only so much that can be done. I would still not blame the current Afghan Govt. for this -- this whole fucketry was started my Western Forces unprofessional withdrawal process. They could have completed this process methodically at Bagram Air Base and singled out their contractor's only. What US and Co., doing is basically a brain drain and creating a stupid scene.

Back
Top Bottom