What's new

Breaking News! Bangladesh China signed a contract worth $ 1 billion For BAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this rumored deal the fighters (J-10B) or trainers or package value aren't big surprises, even the strategic lifter (Y-20) is fine, what interests me is the AWACS (KJ-200) which is a new category to BAF.
I belivd this deal is true, the price tag is very reasonable.

I belivd this deal is true, the price tag is very reasonable.
I don't know but I wish the same, let's see how it goes! Commercials are not top concerns, after all BD and China are close partners, and that Chinese state-owned defence complex is diplomacy-centric. The interesting part is induction of AWACS (KJ-200), that might bring some critical changes to C4ISR infrastructure and doctrine of BD military.

Last edited:
That would mean 1 J-10"B" is worth 42 million dollars..:rofl:

Pak was looking at J-10As for 42+ million in 2010-12...

And Bangladesh bought MBT-2000s for 4 million a pop..:rofl:

And Pak bought mi-35E for 38.5 million!! minus weapons and we have operated and gifted Mi25s in th6e past and operate hundred + MIs and have a MI rebuild,overhaul and maintenance workshop.

You people are more crazy than Zarvan.

Chinese are businessmen...

I've yet to see China giving weapons for free.

Even in Pak-China deals it's cash followed by loans.. while smaller items are come on hard cash.

23 million of a 60 million J-10B is nothing short of a fantasy.

Unless China is going to sell, the airframe without any avionics,engine (which alone would be worth 4-5 million).

Just follow this fun bhai. It happened earlier many times already....BLOGGGGGSSS :D

43 million per J10b is for clean configuration, including airframe/engine/radar/avionics. BD will pay the money for maintenance and am munitions.

Here is a Chinese source claiming price of J-10 A being 42 million... from 2010.
http://military.people.com.cn/h/2011/0808/c226678-878657922.html

Today is 2017 and the Jets are J-10B & C variants.

Also why would Chinese sell Bangladesh anything without even making 2% profit let alone sell on no loss no profit basis.. which isn't how countries work.

Even in case of Pak.. where the relations are solid and strategic , China sells equipment on "friendly rates" ... they still do with keeping profit in mind.

There is no free lunch.
Maybe all the planes in the deal are refurbished to a new state..and come from China's own surplus..this justifies the price.. and it is a good deal for both..

Maybe all the planes in the deal are refurbished to a new state..and come from China's own surplus..this justifies the price.. and it is a good deal for both..
The production line of J10A had been closed, so.... It's highly likely J10b coming in this deal.

But the picture on the background of the BD military site is J10A, so I get little bit confused.

The production line of J10A had been closed, so.... It's highly likely J10b coming in this deal.

But the picture on the background of the BD military site is J10A, so I get little bit confused.

Could be used J-10As which China may not be interested in upgrading to J-10C level.

Could be used J-10As which China may not be interested in upgrading to J-10C level.
The fuselage of A and C is not the same.

C is involving J20's technology, won't be exported until now. So the most probably is still J10b. BD member told me once that BAF won't be interested in refurbished fighters.

That's probably the reason why China would be inclined to dispose off J-10As.
We still have several hundreds of J10A, they are still the mainstay of PLAAF. Many fuselage are still very new!

Do We have dual seater J10b/c? @Beast

image.jpeg
My concern is, the export version will fit WS10A or Al31FN-series.

To be honest, WS10A silver nozzle looks cooler, Al31FN-3 is asskicking too.

Bangladesh is supposed to do quite good economically in the bear future, so China might be compelled to sell some J-10-Bs to Bangladesh for a very good price as an enticement for future procurements of the same fighters, trainers and other support aircrafts..

Bangladesh is supposed to do quite good economically in the bear future, so China might be compelled to sell some J-10-Bs to Bangladesh for a very good price as an enticement for future procurements of the same fighters, trainers and other support aircrafts..
Brother, its not compel. In China there is an old saying:水到渠成.which means the right time to do the right things.

I meant compelled in its policies as an enticement for future sales, maybe encouraged is a better term..Timely deals are a wise policy too..
You know BAF is always pro-China. This sales is to meet BAF's need and ask Indians to stay away.

At least we provide aid for BAF to go for Chinese platform. Unlike India pays for Russian platform, one of big joke of its kind in the 21th century.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom