What's new

BREAKING NEWS: Bangladesh Army rejects Russian tanks

I urge Bangladesh to buy more Chinese tanks and also anti tank missiles.

Ruskies must have mixed us up with the cowmata. Asking 3 million for the shitiest tank out there?:disagree: GTFOH. :wave:

174118_original.jpg

We will pay the BEST price tag. BUT only for the BEST out there. :partay: :enjoy::welcome:

Maybe those sanctions are finally taking a toll on their economy, so now they r jst trying to make more money in any way possible. We should see if there were other countries who have had similar issues while buying Russian equipment before trashing them. We should see whether its jst us who are being targeted with their politics in the region.

Also I have recently heard that the US senate has put up new sanctions which would unable any countries from buying any sort of arms from Russia. i don't know if its true tho. Incase it is, i hope they wait till we make our full payment on those SU's.

I dont see why we really have to buy Russian tanks. Is not giving them the sole tender for the aircraft deal enough? AFAIK, Army wasnt happy with the Chinese MBT-2000 earlier. They should therefore move to Europe and purchase tanks with capabilities that fit our terrain. Europeans have much better products in these cases.

Personally would love to see German tanks. But they are too heavy.

Anyway i wish we could buy T-14 or change the armored doctrine for 120mm smoothbore gun, go for PT-16 or Type-10 and build nato rounds in BOF. Can anyone tell me what makes 125mm so special for our army?? What's difference between two guns?? Pros and cons?

Heard they even didn't let our army buy armored car with firing ATGM capability under 1 billion credit.
Whats wrong with 125mm smoothbore?

Smoothbores have a longer life.
Smoothbores can fire more ammo.
Smoothbore can fire missiles.
Rifled guns have alot of wear n tear issues.
Etc.

I dont see why we really have to buy Russian tanks. Is not giving them the sole tender for the aircraft deal enough? AFAIK, Army wasnt happy with the Chinese MBT-2000 earlier. They should therefore move to Europe and purchase tanks with capabilities that fit our terrain. Europeans have much better products in these cases.

Personally would love to see German tanks. But they are too heavy.
Why? What problems did you face with MBT-2000?

And which European country will sell you tanks and can bangladesh afford to but 6+ million a unit?

You couldnt buy more than 44 MBT-2000s for 4 million let alone AK,T-90M let alone Leopard or Abrams.

Why? What problems did you face with MBT-2000?

And which European country will sell you tanks and can bangladesh afford to but 6+ million a unit?

You couldnt buy more than 44 MBT-2000s for 4 million let alone AK,T-90M let alone Leopard or Abrams.

Dont clearly remember, but I read it from a BD member here sometime back.

Yes, I realize money is an issue. The MBT-2000s were purchased long back. Our economy is in a much better shape now and so we can afford expensive toys to an extent.

So can we throw in the money? - Yes. Will we throw in the money? - Possibly not.

Realistically, I think its unlikely that Europeans will sell it to us without a very well founded reason. All I was suggesting is that if we dont like older tanks from Russia, we can perhaps take a look at the European market and see if its possible to strike a deal that isn't too politically and financially challenging.

Dont clearly remember, but I read it from a BD member here sometime back.

Yes, I realize money is an issue. The MBT-2000s were purchased long back. Our economy is in a much better shape now and so we can afford expensive toys to an extent.

So can we throw in the money? - Yes. Will we throw in the money? - Possibly not.

Realistically, I think its unlikely that Europeans will sell it to us without a very well founded reason. All I was suggesting is that if we dont like older tanks from Russia, we can perhaps take a look at the European market and see if its possible to strike a deal that isn't too politically and financially challenging.
So your knowledge comes from some random BD poster?:lol:

As for other stuff... whats your military budget again?

Possibly the random BD poster knows what I dont. Surely, I aint all knowing.

Secondly, our hardware purchases are external to our announced annual military budget. They are funded separately. This has been discussed to death here.

BD spends like 1.5 percent of GDP as compared to other countries in South Asia which are much higher at above 2.5 percent.

Meaning BD can afford a hell of a lot more than it actually spends on its military.

BD spends like 1.5 percent of GDP as compared to other countries in South Asia which are much higher at above 2.5 percent.

Meaning BD can afford a hell of a lot more than it actually spends on its military.
1.3% actually

Mehhhh....a handful of tanks. Who gives a truck?
so how is Arjun tank truck program going on ? lol

So get your *** outta Bangladesh forum

What !?

Another fourteen year old troll - what is up with these militant Madrasi kids these days?

so how is Arjun tank truck program going on ? lol

A day (decade) late, a (Billions of) dollar short and tragically overweight like some of their Saas-bahu actresses. :lol:

Good luck getting that overweight POS over to anywhere other than a desert because it will be royally stuck in the mud like a sitting duck. Even in dry areas it's an embarassment. MKII gone and now they're trying to get MKIII going on which is a reject foretold. :P

By the way - India had an epochal last (dead last) place in the last Tank Biathlon in Russia (August 2017) after their participant T90 _and_ the backup T90 both broke down. DEJA VU anyone??

Only country I know of that can't even maintain relatively simple Russian armor.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/aft...ia-knocked-out-of-international-drill-1736699

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom