What's new

Breaking news: AirAsia plane missing with 162 passengers!

I observed why its Malaysian .... its the advantage that they don't have strong politics and army and they won't try their best to investigate the planner knows they cannot do anything its not missing its been kidnapped

Is it talking about Malaysian Airline lost in Indian Ocean ?

Well, it is hard to find any plane in Indian Ocean and for your information that plane is still being searched by a Dutch company (MNC) near Aussie territory but I dont know who pay them.

Anyone else feels safe in 2 Engine planes vs 4 Engine old planes we cry so much about

Boeing and Airbus would still blame it on pilot error because planes are "MEGA billion" industry

This is more an academic question. What other years did the world lose 3 passenger jetliners?

1992 for example.

And there's more than 20 other years where 3+ jet liners have been lost/crashed.

As a matter of clarification, only one aircraft has been literally lost this year (MH370).

The Air Asia A320 will likely be found.

Anyone else feels safe in 2 Engine planes vs 4 Engine old planes we cry so much about

Boeing and Airbus would still blame it on pilot error because planes are "MEGA billion" industry

Stop trying to bring your perverted conspiracies into it. :crazy:

Twins are just as safe as quads and in no instance has boeing, airbus or any other OEM tried to pull the wool over our eyes.

Last edited:
Altitude was correct at all times. Only the airspeed was unreliable.

Wasn't much of a storm. Only light to moderate turbulence too.

Speeds disagree. Check the ECAM.

If the speeds continue to disagree, you fly pitch and power.

Simples.

I've done it in a Kingair under icing conditions into Geneva. Just as easy for an A330 or A320.

But when Stall warning are coming even when the aircraft is flying normal and speed is valid. Why would computer generate false warning and discard that data? That happened with AF447

But when Stall warning are coming even when the aircraft is flying normal and speed is valid.

The stall warnings on AF447 were valid.

None of them came on prior to the aircraft stalling.

The reason for their intermittent nature is because the angle of attack vanes which are required for the stall warning only work when airspeed is 60 knots or greater indicated.

On occasions during the AF447 stall, the IAS was below 60 knots.

The Unreliable Airspeed procedure tells you to heed stall warning if present, something AF447 never did:

qrh.jpg

Sad News....Please God help people of AirAsia.....:(.....Hope they return to Singapore safely....

The stall warnings on AF447 were valid.

None of them came on prior to the aircraft stalling.

The reason for their intermittent nature is because the angle of attack vanes which are required for the stall warning only work when airspeed is 60 knots or greater indicated.

On occasions during the AF447 stall, the IAS was below 60 knots.

The Unreliable Airspeed procedure tells you to heed stall warning if present, something AF447 never did:

View attachment 179387

But they could have judged that with vertical speed that they are falling and not climbing, that instrument was also not working. If plane drops from lvl380 to some lvl100 they should have got an idea. PLus why did the captain's joystick wasn't in pitch up position, when co-pilot's was kept pulled back. The captain could have got the Idea, does airbus provide such mechanically connected joysticks? Well we do study about IC and HUD's of Airbus and their automated air and wheel breakes but I am not aware about the joy stick.

that instrument was also not working.

The vertical speed indicator was working. The AF447 pilots' problem was that they didn't believe it.

captain's joystick wasn't in pitch up position, when co-pilot's was kept pulled back.

Correct terminology is sidestick.

And no, the sidesticks are not coupled. Only one of the sidesticks should be manipulated at once.

The captain could have got the Idea,

The Captain wasn't in his seat. For most of the stall event, he was on his rest break.

does airbus provide such mechanically connected joysticks?

See above - no they don't.

The vertical speed indicator was working. The AF447 pilots' problem was that they didn't believe it.

Correct terminology is sidestick.

And no, the sidesticks are not coupled. Only one of the sidesticks should be manipulated at once.

The Captain wasn't in his seat. For most of the stall event, he was on his rest break.

See above - no they don't.

the captain came back before lvl100. If the side stick were mechanically joined, the pitch could have been noticed by the captain. I saw in the documentary, and they said, Vario was not available.

I said it many times , the 2 Engine Boeing and Airbus planes are not safe ..... for flights over sea
and these accidents happening are proof ,that these planes are UNDEPENDABLE

Why were there less accidents before , simple planes had 4 engines , if 1 failed the 3 engines carried the plane safely to airports

Now with just 2 engines , the planes juts go down

Sad but its reality

Boeing and Airbus planes are not safe

With old models there were less crashes , mainly in 10-12 years you would hear of 1 crash
but the new planes are falling like fireflies every next year after the 3-4 year warranty is done

If a country loses three airliners in 1 year, shouldn't the regulatory body, the laws governing the aviation of the country and the administrators of that country be questioned?

The MH370 disaster is is still unknown. What happened, we will never know perhaps.

The MH17 disaster was avoidable. Malaysian Airlines to save some money was taking a shorter route over Ukraine when most of the airlines were avoiding the airspace of that country.

And now this! I m no aviation expert but Air France lost an A330 over Brazil in similar circumstances a couple of years ago. Could it be the same issue? Air Asia plane was also Airbus.

Those who say nothing to do with Malaysia are perhaps right. But when was the last time that a country lost 2 or more planes in year? no conspiracy theory just hard questions.

Latest info, the pilot is former Indonesian F 16 pilot.

By not hearing any Mayday call so there is communication failure going on.

With old models there were less crashes , mainly in 10-12 years you would hear of 1 crash
but the new planes are falling like fireflies every next year after the 3-4 year warranty is done

No, the ratio of planes in the air to planes falling down has only increased with time.

Last edited:
once the plane stalls, it falls freely without any control, side ways, upside down, spinning. The hydraulics don't work effectively due to momentum gained by the aircraft It is basically the momentum which creates problem. But still it can come back to control with the work of thrust and handling if the weather is fine. Some times hydraulics fail completely. Well that depends on many factors.

But yes, if it flies properly, then pilot can land it on the water.. but still the impact is very high and chances of fuselage breaking increases. But 90% survival chance is there.

Ice crystal formation and ice sky is normal. The ice crystal does produce great danger in many cases but I don't think this one is caused by ice crystal. If the weather was bad, the jet streams could have caused the plane to dip or stall uncontrolled, but seeing at the cruise speed, which was almost 900 kms per hour. I doubt if it was jet stream.
But isn't it possible to nose dive and gain some speed and then pull the aircraft upward to reduce the falling speed and get some forward acceleration,? or may need changes to aerodynamics to make such handling of aircraft,? I mean gliding?

But isn't it possible to nose dive and gain some speed and then pull the aircraft upward to reduce the falling speed and get some forward acceleration,? or may need changes to aerodynamics to make such handling of aircraft,? I mean gliding?

This is possible in a controlled stall...and is routinely done in training flights.

But in real world, this is rarely the case.

Most often after a stall the plane falls pretty erratically and theoretically, if you are falling from FL400 you could get your plane level, but in the state of panic and fear, a pilot may not be properly oriented and he might not have the proper attitude awareness.

So pretty low chances of anything like that to happen in a real world environment.

Back
Top Bottom