What's new

Breaking news: AirAsia plane missing with 162 passengers!

2014 year has been a very bad year for aviation industry .... especially Malaysia

This is very unusual. It is very rare that an airplane gets lost during its cruising altitude. Does anyone know how the wheather was?

i must correct you. landing on water is almost always a 100% loss. So far it was never sucessfull on the sea with waves. the Hudson has no waves so it makes survival more likely. Its like crashing into a wall.

why I said the survival rate is more, is due to on water the chances of fire is less. If the plane glides and lands on water, there will be no fire. The breakage of fuselage is different case.

But then if it breakes then sinking is a risk so , God knows.

why I said the survival rate is more, is due to on water the chances of fire is less. If the plane glides and lands on water, there will be no fire. The breakage of fuselage is different case.

The G forces are gigantic when it hits rough sea. We did calculations at airbus...you get ripped apart from your seat belt. You have the highest chances of survival when the airplane sets evenly on a flat sirface like grass or agricultural land. A river or lake is halfway ok too. But the ocean is a death trap.

The G forces are gigantic when it hits rough sea. We did calculations at airbus...you get ripped apart from your seat belt. You have the highest chances of survival when the airplane sets evenly on a flat sirface like grass or agricultural land. A river or lake is halfway ok too. But the ocean is a death trap.

It's tough to find flat surface anywhere. But I agree on land the survival chance is more, after fuel dumping, if the surface is not flat. And what calculations?

2 meter waves, no way you can safely land that.
well if its 2 meter waves then, God knows.

does anyone know how the wheather was there when it disappeared?

It's tough to find flat surface anywhere. But I agree on land the survival chance is more, after fuel dumping, if the surface is not flat. And what calculations?

well if its 2 meter waves then, God knows.

after the airbus crash from air france in atlantic ocean we did calculations at airbus who the fuselage behaves at impact to find the wreck. The forces inside are gigantic. many people get ripped into two parts from the seat belt.

May be Russians can help Airbus and Boeing for landing on the sea.

May be Russians can help Airbus and Boeing for landing on the sea.

are you kidding me? Thats an ekranoplane. It never gets higher than 20 m.
We do know how to build waterboats. Thats no option for an airliner.

after the airbus crash from air france in atlantic ocean we did calculations at airbus who the fuselage behaves at impact to find the wreck. The forces inside are gigantic. many people get ripped into two parts from the seat belt.

well the impact can be seen here. Yes it is huge

are you kidding me? Thats an ekranoplane. It never gets higher than 20 m.
We do know how to build waterboats. Thats no option for an airliner.
Not water boats, but there should a mechanism if the aircraft has to land on water. The belly can be designed that way. We have enough simulators and technology for that.

FROM what I have heard, that region is a busy shipping lane. Shouldn't be too rough.

well the impact can be seen here. Yes it is huge

Not water boats, but there should a mechanism if the aircraft has to land on water. The belly can be designed that way. We have enough simulators and technology for that.

its not worth the effort, it would increase weight, slow down and also increase fuel consumption

its not worth the effort, it would increase weight, slow down and also increase fuel consumption
life is more important than any of these.

this idea is better, both land and sea capabilities. Russians should really invest in them. IT will be a big success.

Boeing is trying to study, but Russians already did it in 1984 :P
Boeing Pelican - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Did you guys read, we had rains for weeks now with serious flooding. Normally this region have calm seas. Java Sea could be choppy.

Back
Top Bottom