What's new

BREAKING : `Modi may use military option if terror attack traced to Pakistan’

Pakistanis may not like to believe that Modi will definitely go for war
But the hard fact is that
India has changed ; we have had enough of the diplomatic means of
protesting against terror attacks

The recent LOC firing has proved that India means business

Dont say that we did not warn you
We believe in war phobia of India, and military knows how to do business on LOC...What India is not understanding the consequences of that sort of business, the reaction which India wouldn't be able to digest....!! LOC is not international border, and misunderstanding can ignite total chaos...you are not United States and we are not Afghanistan or Iraq...give it a try...give something for your generals and India will learn something new to be taught in the future...!

Just the after effects of smoking sasti charas on Modi. Nothing to worry about.

did we or did we not face the Gurkhas? how many times after facing the Gurkhas did the PA run away screaming "OMG Gurkhas run for your lives"
Gurkhas are normal soldiers nothing new here, if they are trained good, they are good soldiers, if not then no

Gurkhas are normal soldiers which is why even the British army maintains a regiment of Gorkhas to this day. Last time I checked there isn't a Pathan regiment there.

If india attacks Pakistan we are going to strike back with nuclear weapons.

Well, the question is, what's stopping you..... we hear of... cold start, surgical strikes, hot pursuits and what not. !!
So many terminologies which only end up as Bollywood masala.:D
salaam jammer bhaiya ji :)

thing is u r forgetting that we are evil /cunning chinkya idology following yaindoo baniyas and why use a sabre where owr work is easli bieng done by a needle :D

If india attacks Pakistan we are going to strike back with nuclear weapons.
well your dream that india willattck or engage pakistan as pakistan wants india to do is never going to happenas we perfectlli know the art of prolonging suffering of owr enemies in a way that "saanp bhi mar jaye aur laathi bhi na toote" ;)

since 2008 i am reading it and will read till more 50 years . indian can not shit with pakistan borders its 2015 fanboys

This is not our opinion.It is US diplomats opinion.

On topic:We dont need military force .We have a lot of options now days .War is just a waste.And Narendra Modi is lot more smarter than that.

This is not our opinion.It is US diplomats opinion.

On topic:We dont need military force .We have a lot of options now days .War is just a waste.And Narendra Modi is lot more smarter than that.
humy kya we need just time pass today is my off :cheesy:

WASHINGTON, FEB 6:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is likely to use the military option if the next terrorist attack in India is traced back to Pakistan, a former top US diplomat has warned while hoping that the Pakistanis would understand that their past behaviour is unlikely to be tolerated now.

“Every Indian Prime Minister since the attack on the Parliament in Delhi now heading on 15 years ago has looked seriously at a military response when these incidents occur and has stepped back. But I believe that sentiment inside India has changed substantially and I think this Prime Minister is unlikely to step back,” former US Ambassador to India Robert Blackwill said.

“If there is a major terrorist attack whose breadcrumbs lead to Pakistan and the Pakistan military and ISI, I think that this Prime Minister is likely to use military force against Pakistan territory. It’s not a certainty,” Blackwill told reporters during a conference call organised by the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), a top American think-tank.

Blackwill, who is a close watcher of India and South Asia, said Modi’s predecessors have been briefed by the Indian military on options and have never found them attractive.

“But I think Modi, both as a personality and reflecting Indian public opinion and political sentiment across the society will be much more likely to use military force than his predecessors,” he said.

“Now how that might be applied is another matter. To try to diminish the likelihood of escalation between two nuclear weapon states, but hopefully the Pakistanis understand that their behaviour in the past is unlikely to be tolerable to this Indian Prime Minister,” Blackwill said in response to a question.

Stephen Cohen, senior fellow in foreign policy at the Brookings Institute, agreed that Prime Minister Modi’s response to a terrorist attack emanating from Pakistan would be a different one than that of his predecessor.

“I think based on what he (Modi) said and I think based on the Indian public sentiment, if there was another Mumbai attack, which I don’t think it’s going to be that likely, it (India’s response) may be something quite different. There will be a vigorous Indian response. Perhaps even direct attacks on Pakistani territory, hitting camps,” Cohen said.
`Modi may use military option if terror attack traced to Pakistan’ | Business Line
--
said by
Robert Blackwill, former United States Ambassador to India

The non-war response from Indian side has always been consistent, persistent, extremely well planned and supremely disproportionate. Although, one cannot just give all that credit to India alone, she has had a lot of help along the way and we have been more then generous in provision of opportunities. India has bled us throughout the history and still wants more.......but due to the current geo-political situation and matter of the terror war Indian propaganda has found a lot of receptive years in the last few years.

I guess we will have to wait for the political tide to change or for strong, visionary leadership on both sides.

You are wrong. I am not prety sure but India moved to this covert response mode after Mumbai attack. Pakistan thought that its Nuclear weapon is a gaurantee against the outright attack by India. They totally miscalculated the indian response. India moved to an option of tit for tat in covert mode as this mode was the correct choice in nuclear environment.Earlier India used to think that a stable democratic pakistan is in favor of regional peace but later on realized that It policy is not generating any fruit and back firing. So india changed its mode of response. There has not been any major attack subsequent to that. so that we may reasonablly assume that new policy is working well. There is no reason to change this response mode untill Pakistan back track from its policy to use terror as the tool of state policy.

Back
Top Bottom