What's new

Breaking: Finance minister Miftah Ismael admits on CNN that PTI govt tried to buy cheap oil from Russia

I have edited my earlier post, and you can find link to crude grades there.
1.48 not 1.76 but not exactly light crude either

its actually described a sour crude by your own source

so do you have background in this or just a keyboard warrior?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 2.27.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 2.27.04 PM.png
    104.3 KB · Views: 36
1.48 not 1.76 but not exactly light crude either

its actually described a sour crude by your own source

so do you have background in this or just a keyboard warrior?

And how does it compare to Arab Light?

You can read my introduction thread to know my background and several other posts related to Oil and Gas.

Oil payment for russian oil is in rubles. Wheat payment i guess will be dollars.

Hammad azhar is smoking pot. Guy is literally blabbering shit. He need a lecture on geopolitics and International trade. Russia never offered us any mechanism of payment as well

Pakistan can use Chinese mechanism to trade with Russia. No big deal. Problem for Pakistan was expensive price of oil and wheat which is way lower what Russia is offering

PTI supporters won't reaosn with anyone, they are just like India is buying as well....

India and Pakistan can't be compared lol.
Exactly. Israel is the reason india won’t be sanctioned while Pakistan is always threatened with sanction while Russia is now sanctioned with economic opportunities.

Pakistan can use Chinese mechanism to trade with Russia. No big deal. Problem for Pakistan was expensive price of oil and wheat which is way lower what Russia is offering
Except Pakistani overseas don’t live in Russia and China. Pakistan import/export depends on petro dollar literally.

His data is wrong. Please check McKinsey Energy website, quoted as one of the source for his data, and you will find Arab Light to have more Sulfur content than Urals.

Interesting to see that there is a mismatch in data.

This is the source of the other member. His link says that Urals is 1.7 while yours clearly says it is 1.48. Apparently, Pakistani refineries can refine up to 1.5 :unsure:

Urals typically has a specific gravity of around 31.1 API with a sulfur content of 1.7%

Pakistan is not Europe lol
Sure, but I posted this to show the difference that phrasing can make. PTI people give propagandist narrative in the tweet. Two can play the game that you do :D

Interesting to see that there is a mismatch in data.

This is the source of the other member. His link says that Urals is 1.7 while yours clearly says it is 1.48. Apparently, Pakistani refineries can refine up to 1.5 :unsure:

Hi,

It is not accurate that Pakistan refineries can not or should not refine blends with Sulfur contents higher than 1.5. Arab Light itself has higher Sulfur content.

Attachments

• FTTQxYAXEAAUZSg.jpeg
    FTTQxYAXEAAUZSg.jpeg
    43.9 KB · Views: 34
I'll say it again, unless anyone decides to release figures for Pakistan's refining capacity for Russian oil, this will continue to be hogwash and lies as there is little open data to suggest that such a setup was feasible.

Russian oil getting to Pakistan is just as likely as Iranian gas getting to Pakistan. We all know how that project is going. :D

And how does it compare to Arab Light?

You can read my introduction thread to know my background and several other posts related to Oil and Gas.
1.5 by no definition is light and will definitely foul up the FCC's.

Another added caveat is the speciation of the sulfur. not all sulfur is equal

It better to talk in terms of sweet and sour crude.

Sweet crude: easy to break down

Sour crude: Headaches

Last edited:
by definition light crude is low in sulfur. 1.5 by no definition is light and will definitely foul up the FCC's.

if you have background in this, you should know that light nominal sulfur is well below 1 %

What is the Sulfur content of Arab Light? How does it compare to Urals in this regard? This should be quite simple to answer, shouldn't it? If Arab Light with higher Sulfur content can be refined in Pakistan, why can't Ural be with lower Sulfur than Arab and Iran Light?

1.5 by no definition is light and will definitely foul up the FCC's.

Another added caveat is the speciation of the sulfur. not all sulfur is equal

It better to talk in terms of sweet and sour crude.

Sweet crude: easy to break down

Sour crude: Headaches

So, Is Urals sour than Arab and Iran Light? Kindly refer to the attached pic from the link you shared.

Attachments

• 5-chart.jpg
    5-chart.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
What is the Sulfur content of Arab Light? How does it compare to Urals in this regard? This should be quite simple to answer, shouldn't it? If Arab Light with higher Sulfur content can be refined in Pakistan, why can't Ural be with lower Sulfur than Arab and Iran Light?

So, Urals is sour than Arab and Iran Light?
As I mentioned it is better to seperate the two terms light-heavy and sweet-sour

it can be light-sour and sweet-heavy

high sulfur crude is a nightmare to transport and refine. screws up the FCC's. cause equipment damage form corrosion etc etc

heavy : more diesel
light: more gasoline/petrol

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom