What's new

Breaking: Asad Umar axed!

In addition to his salary, Umar, 50, was also paid in stock and currently owns about 2 million shares of the company, with options to buy another 924,000, according to Engro’s latest available financial statements. At Monday’s closing price of Rs102.47 per share, that puts the value of Umar’s stocks and options at over Rs300 million.

My boss at the time said ‘Well, frankly they are paying you too much.’” As CEO of Engro Corporation, Umar was paid Rs68.6 million for the year 2011, which comes to a monthly salary of Rs5.7 million.

Asad Umar has enough money in his coffers(300 million Rs.) to live a luxurious life...Pakistan need a motivated, capable, educated FM.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/365621...r-27-years-at-engro-asad-umar-calls-it-a-day/

the timing of his departure is very disturbing.... he struck a deal with IMF & the budget is also around the corner, not good at all...

Shaukat Tareen has refused to become FM, Dr. Ishrat Hussein to take over instead.

Well this system is failing fast, all the corrupts from Godfather and piss pot party are getting bails by lower courts, Asad Umar seems a good man, but rumours are circulating about IB report to IK about loyalty of ministers, some are in bed with opposition, its time IK starts a referendum campaign for a presidential system.

Dawn.comApril 18, 2019
Facebook Count1
Twitter Share

5cb841265c1ef.jpg

As part of a cabinet reshuffle PM desired that I take the energy minister portfolio instead of finance. ─ AFP/File

Finance Minister Asad Umar on Thursday announced that he has obtained the prime minister's consent "to not take any cabinet position" amid reports of a reshuffle.

"As part of a cabinet reshuffle, prime minister desired that I take the energy minister portfolio instead of finance," he said. "However, I have obtained his consent to not take any cabinet position."

This is a developing story that is being updated as the situation evolves. Initial reports in the media can sometimes be inaccurate. We will strive to ensure timeliness and accuracy by relying on credible sources such as concerned, qualified authorities and our staff reporters.
Thanks for not taking the energy sector. You will screw up that one too.

Give the finance ministry to a pvt sector employee's wife. She'll make sure we have a trade surplus at the end of the month plus enough petty cash to buy diapers for the entire baby population of the country. #expert_opinion

It was imminent but timings is terrible. Should had been removed after the budget. I think amnesty scheme was the final nail in the coffin for Asad.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom