What's new

BREAKING: 7000 US troops Ordered to Withdraw from Afghanistan, Blackwater is coming.

This partial withdrawal definitely seems linked with the recent US-Taliban talks in UAE. A concession to the Talibans.
But I am not sure where are Pakistan's interests served by this withdrawal. I have seen plenty in Pakistan who say that the American presence in Afghanistan is good: Stability is more assured then. Of course the biggest beef is the Indian presence in Afghanistan but Pakistan has managed even to minimize it's impact.

Also, not to forget, Afghanistan of 2018 is not the Afghanistan of 2001: There is much more connectivity, more education, better economy, more awareness. I don't think the Talibans will find the country receptive to their old ways--the brutal rule is not sustainable even if they are somehow able to conquer Kabul again.

Best is that India leaves Afghanistan and let Pakistan, Russia, China, and Iran stabilize Afghanistan. Poor Afghans need a break.

What are Pakistan's Interests in Afghanistan?

Stability
Trade
Access to Minerals in joint venture for mining or at least processing for export
No Pashtunistan
Allied with Pakistan and not with India
Accept the Durand Line
Take back refugees
Economic development and an export market for Pakistani Good
maybe "strategic depth" if relations improve down the line into an alliance

Did I miss Any?

And what would be Pakistan's Sphere of Influence; What parts of Afghanistan not more under the influence of Iran or Russia or Even China (although they might work through Pakistan for Cultural, Linguistic, and religious reasons; and use CPEC and Gwadar as the conduits)

What has blackwater got to do with gathering intelligence, this will be CIA run opp, blackwater will only serve as the hammer end of the deal. The big plus here for ISI is that US soldiers were off limits for us as eliminating them over a certain amount would've caused massive public backlash back in the US forcing the yanks to increased US agression in Afghanistan. Blackwater will be given no such mercy. They are private contractors n will be dealt as such. ISI will go open season on them.

Lol :D
And Americans are going keep quiet ?
This is just simple ,they are going to deploy mercinaries that will do anything like Taliban and in addition they have resouces that cant fathom.
Lets see

Lol :D
And Americans are going keep quiet ?
This is just simple ,they are going to deploy mercinaries that will do anything like Taliban and in addition they have resouces that cant fathom.
Lets see

What?
Let's look at the facts as you clearly haven't been following the conflict.
In 2012 the US department of defence stated there were more than 100,000 contractors, and during that same year fighting intensified and the Taliban war effort just suffered some set backs, remember this during the time that there were 77,000 US combat troops in Afghanistan.

Evidence;

In 2012, for example, there were more than 100,000 contractors - armed and unarmed - employed by the US Department of Defense. That included more than 20,000 private security contractors.

The number of private security contractors went below 1,000 at the end of 2016, but has slightly increased since then.

In October 2018 there were almost 2,500 armed private security contractors in Afghanistan, according to the US Department of Defense

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-46400647

A NATO report actually highlighted the fact that the Taliban war effort was still operational and they used the word "intact". So the presence of such vast numbers of contractors and troops had a marginal affect at best.

Evidence;

"Though the Taliban suffered severely in 2011, its strength, motivation, funding , and tactical proficiency remains intact. [...] Despite numerous tactical setbacks, surrender is far from their collective mindset. [...] As opposed to years past, detainees have become more confident in not only their potential to win, but the virtue of their cause."

https://www.gq.com/story/nato-report-state-of-taliban-afghanistan

So the increase of 8,000 more contractors from Blackwater or whoever will do nothing in terms of altering the balance of power.

Now for your statement that they have "resources you cannot fathom", you obviously have never spoken to a contractor, I've spoken to loads and they would laugh at your statement (including US ones). Private contractors are actually under resourced by a large margin compared to regular combat troops. This is why most of their work revolves around guarding installations/people of importance, guarding conveys and recon. They are not prepared to engage Taliban insurgents in full on firefights.

The main difference is that a PMC’s role is to protect and escape, rather than engage and attack.”

The above is from the article I will post below;

Here is a revealing look at the life of contractors;

Evidence;

The firefights were a lot closer, a lot more personal.” It was also more dangerous. As a soldier, he had once come under fire for seven hours in Baghdad, but as a PMC, “I would say it was worse. When you’re in the army, you’ve got an army behind you. As a PMC you can’t call for back-up, you can’t call fire missions in. Certainly my worst incidents were as a PMC rather than in the military.”

“There was a stage in 2009, for a period of about three months, where we were probably losing guys every second or third day. It was violent, and emotionally difficult.”

He would see the shocking behaviour of other PMCs, particularly Americans, and think that at least he wasn’t like them.

Serving as a soldier in the army must be fairly easy on your conscience – regardless of what you think of foreign policy, the decision to go to war was taken by a vote of elected MPs

The action of these “armies”, he says, is “sowing disturbance and destabilisation in countries which are already trying to fight off the threat of potential civil war.”

“They’re pretty much misfits who can’t or won’t fit into civilian life,” he says. They tend to be older. “Wars are fought by 18- and 19-year-olds. The average age [of a PMC] is mid-30s, early 40s. In some companies there is an upper age limit of 49.

But the work would attract many former soldiers who want to see more action. “It was very macho, very egotistical, and that wasn’t really my cup of tea. Everyone had to have the latest scopes, the latest bit of technology. There were people who just wanted to look good with their kit.” There were contractors he describes as trigger-happy, looking for a fight. “And essentially our job was to run the **** away, not stay and get in trouble.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...of-war-whats-it-like-to-be-a-soldier-for-hire

A few things from the article, as I wrote before these men are not and cannot engage Taliban insurgents on the field. The quality of the contractors isn't at a high level, especially since most career soldiers retire in a normal way and go back to civilian life .The private guys are usually not the best of the bunch when they served with their comrades, and come for a variety of reasons. They also take higher losses on average, not just because they lack the support of regular forces but also because they are seen as easy pickings/targets.
Last month's devastating attack on a major private contractor is just one example;

A car bomb exploded outside a British security contractor’s compound in Afghanistan's capital Kabul, before a gun battle erupted outside the facility, leaving at least 10 dead and 19 wounded, officials in the country said.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...n-g4s-attack-suicide-bomb-kabul-a8657186.html

Lastly like I mentioned before they are expendable, so Blackwater won't do much but take losses, and form some sort of buffer for US combat troops. I feel for the US troops having to rely on these guys as they are no replacement for their comrades in uniform going home.
You also seem to brush aside the ability of the Taliban insurgents, where as many experts call them probably the best guerrilla force in the world. US combat troops have written extensive accounts of firefights with them and have praised their abilities in manoeuvring, tactical oversight and sheer grit to fight. Many even stated that it felt they were fighting a professional force rather than a rag tag bunch.

@Awan68
@Indus Pakistan
@DESERT FIGHTER
@Irfan Baloch
@Arsalan
@KhalaiMakhlooq

They think that since these contractors won’t be playing by the book they will be much more competitive in this asymmetric environment against a unusual enemy. It is fair to think that a regular army will find it difficult to handle irregular gorilla/volunteer force like Taliban but are mercenaries the answer? I don’t think so!!

For me, it is an excellent time to note the parties who actually say they are friends of Afghans but are relishing the private contractors and mayhem they will bring for Afghans in general.

The vast majorrity of 'mercenaries' are overweight racist wannabbe heroes with a total lack of discipline and a strong aversion to danger. They will acheive nothing and totally piss off their Afghan allies.

For the Taliban things have just got easier.

What?
Let's look at the facts as you clearly haven't been following the conflict.
In 2012 the US department of defence stated there were more than 100,000 contractors, and during that same year fighting intensified and the Taliban war effort just suffered some set backs, remember this during the time that there were 77,000 US combat troops in Afghanistan.

Evidence;

In 2012, for example, there were more than 100,000 contractors - armed and unarmed - employed by the US Department of Defense. That included more than 20,000 private security contractors.

The number of private security contractors went below 1,000 at the end of 2016, but has slightly increased since then.

In October 2018 there were almost 2,500 armed private security contractors in Afghanistan, according to the US Department of Defense

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-46400647

A NATO report actually highlighted the fact that the Taliban war effort was still operational and they used the word "intact". So the presence of such vast numbers of contractors and troops had a marginal affect at best.

Evidence;

"Though the Taliban suffered severely in 2011, its strength, motivation, funding , and tactical proficiency remains intact. [...] Despite numerous tactical setbacks, surrender is far from their collective mindset. [...] As opposed to years past, detainees have become more confident in not only their potential to win, but the virtue of their cause."

https://www.gq.com/story/nato-report-state-of-taliban-afghanistan

So the increase of 8,000 more contractors from Blackwater or whoever will do nothing in terms of altering the balance of power.

Now for your statement that they have "resources you cannot fathom", you obviously have never spoken to a contractor, I've spoken to loads and they would laugh at your statement (including US ones). Private contractors are actually under resourced by a large margin compared to regular combat troops. This is why most of their work revolves around guarding installations/people of importance, guarding conveys and recon. They are not prepared to engage Taliban insurgents in full on firefights.

The main difference is that a PMC’s role is to protect and escape, rather than engage and attack.”

The above is from the article I will post below;

Here is a revealing look at the life of contractors;

Evidence;

The firefights were a lot closer, a lot more personal.” It was also more dangerous. As a soldier, he had once come under fire for seven hours in Baghdad, but as a PMC, “I would say it was worse. When you’re in the army, you’ve got an army behind you. As a PMC you can’t call for back-up, you can’t call fire missions in. Certainly my worst incidents were as a PMC rather than in the military.”

“There was a stage in 2009, for a period of about three months, where we were probably losing guys every second or third day. It was violent, and emotionally difficult.”

He would see the shocking behaviour of other PMCs, particularly Americans, and think that at least he wasn’t like them.

Serving as a soldier in the army must be fairly easy on your conscience – regardless of what you think of foreign policy, the decision to go to war was taken by a vote of elected MPs

The action of these “armies”, he says, is “sowing disturbance and destabilisation in countries which are already trying to fight off the threat of potential civil war.”

“They’re pretty much misfits who can’t or won’t fit into civilian life,” he says. They tend to be older. “Wars are fought by 18- and 19-year-olds. The average age [of a PMC] is mid-30s, early 40s. In some companies there is an upper age limit of 49.

But the work would attract many former soldiers who want to see more action. “It was very macho, very egotistical, and that wasn’t really my cup of tea. Everyone had to have the latest scopes, the latest bit of technology. There were people who just wanted to look good with their kit.” There were contractors he describes as trigger-happy, looking for a fight. “And essentially our job was to run the **** away, not stay and get in trouble.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...of-war-whats-it-like-to-be-a-soldier-for-hire

A few things from the article, as I wrote before these men are not and cannot engage Taliban insurgents on the field. The quality of the contractors isn't at a high level, especially since most career soldiers retire in a normal way and go back to civilian life .The private guys are usually not the best of the bunch when they served with their comrades, and come for a variety of reasons. They also take higher losses on average, not just because they lack the support of regular forces but also because they are seen as easy pickings/targets.
Last month's devastating attack on a major private contractor is just one example;

A car bomb exploded outside a British security contractor’s compound in Afghanistan's capital Kabul, before a gun battle erupted outside the facility, leaving at least 10 dead and 19 wounded, officials in the country said.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...n-g4s-attack-suicide-bomb-kabul-a8657186.html

Lastly like I mentioned before they are expendable, so Blackwater won't do much but take losses, and form some sort of buffer for US combat troops. I feel for the US troops having to rely on these guys as they are no replacement for their comrades in uniform going home.
You also seem to brush aside the ability of the Taliban insurgents, where as many experts call them probably the best guerrilla force in the world. US combat troops have written extensive accounts of firefights with them and have praised their abilities in manoeuvring, tactical oversight and sheer grit to fight. Many even stated that it felt they were fighting a professional force rather than a rag tag bunch.

@Awan68
@Indus Pakistan
@DESERT FIGHTER
@Irfan Baloch
@Arsalan
@KhalaiMakhlooq

Blackwater wouldn't perform better than any tool or force that has previously been deployed. That's pretty clear over the last seventeen years. Since we've reached the ceiling of innovation in war in Afghanistan, there is no reason to believe that Academi/XE/Blackwater would perform. Its time lost.

Blackwater is not a solution of US problems in Afghanistan. They r contracters and already working along US regulars in Afghanistan. They can't win this war plus more public sympathy for militants because these contractors have no code of conducts better hire more local Afghans of keep the troops level same.

The vast majorrity of 'mercenaries' are overweight racist wannabbe heroes with a total lack of discipline and a strong aversion to danger. They will acheive nothing and totally piss off their Afghan allies.

For the Taliban things have just got easier.
They r ex soldiers who passed theior fighting age but no future back home in shape of jobs so ended up as mercenaries it's lucrative business can get up to $1000 a day from company the money he can't dream off. There was whole program on these modern day mercenaries on CBC radio 1. They r just number to argument boost the men power they r not and will not wining tool in war.

Trump is like Child who has created his own reality , he thinks what he believes is the only truth or reality and unfortunately his supports follow him like sheep . his administration is either quitting or leaving him , many of republicans switching sides faster than Maulana Fazul-ur-Rehman ..
After Syrian withdrawal i wasn't expecting this from Afghanistan, but does it has anything to do with the recent meeting with Afghan Taliban orchestrated by Pakistan ? if Pakistan manage to make America believe that they will leave Afghanistan as a victor , and they leave than Only Allah will help the Indians in Afghanistan , and they will pay for what they did to Pakistan in last decade using Afghans as canon fodder .

indian hunting season is coming ahead.
They will be enjoying the hospitality of Afghans pretty soon, and finding out what's it's like to be on the receiving end of brutality.
What you do to others is what you get back.

Yeah right and aliens were caught by them too.....you need to red your oartf the history dude
Of course I read the History and also ready the History from International researchers as well. U pls try other sources to know the history other your country's so called History , then you'll which one is Lie

Of course I read the History and also ready the History from International researchers as well. U pls try other sources to know the history other your country's so called History , then you'll which one is Lie
Kindly share names of few of the Authors and their publications....so we can learn its and bits too

Kindly share names of few of the Authors and their publications....so we can learn its and bits too

I am not a professor. If you're interested then try yourself. I am not here to teach anybody my friend.

The bigger question is who is going to replace USA in Afghanistan or back to civil war.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom