What's new

Brain drain: 2.7m Pakistanis have exited country in last 5 years

agree it is simple game of money.......it is professional world

things become globule...i worked in Bangladesh......Bangladeshi working in Pakistan.....Pakistani working in middle east .......?

Nothing wrong with this , this is an outdated concept , the world as we know it , is a global village . Lets treat it as such .

Nothing wrong with this , this is an outdated concept , the world as we know it , is a global village . Lets treat it as such .

Nicely said. It's good that globalization encourages competition and improvement. Rather than being critical of brain drain, and making the professionals feel guilty, the conditions should be made to reverse it.

What brain drain? People go abroad just because they dont get jobs in pakistan.

a bulk of it is uneducated labor force but also include a large number of educated/experienced and qualified professional migrating to Canada/Australia/EU also

Even a person working as laborer is included in this no.

Brain drain is term used in different context.

not my place to say................but,as we have same problem(probably more)....i wud say that personally i'm against it....ok for 4-5 years(b'cause yes money matters).......but if a person spends most of his/her productive years outside n comes back home just for holidays n after retirement,then they have abandoned there responsibility towards there motherland,,,,,,,,no foreign exchange can undo that.......

ps. wud like to add more but it may offend alot of members....

a bulk of it is uneducated labor force but also include a large number of educated/experienced and qualified professional migrating to Canada/Australia/EU also

I know for a fact that people dont get jobs here unless you have got a big a$$ sifarish. I am living in UK but that doesnt mean that i didnt apply for a job in pakistan. I kept trying for an entire year but didnt get a job despite being educated from UK.

I wonder how many Indians migrated. Should at least be the same number if not more

I know for a fact that people dont get jobs here unless you have got a big a$$ sifarish. I am living in UK but that doesnt mean that i didnt apply for a job in pakistan. I kept trying for an entire year but didnt get a job despite being educated from UK.

you dont get a job in Canada also no matter how qualified you are without having any insider in the company, thats all despite govt released numbers about how many professional are needed in Canada.
If you stay in Pakistan you will eventually get a job somehow with or without Safarish and then after getting 5 years of experience you decide to go back to UK, that would be a brain drain because companies have invested in you.

Hey, I tried my level best to stay and contribute, even in certain "related fields". But no dice. :(

Sir ji i'm not blaming people like you. I'm just saying that people like you are like 0.01% of our population. Its not your fault that this nation is way too poor and miserable to offer you the life you deserve.

Change takes courage, courage demands sacrifice. If Jinnah had stayed in London, instead of becoming stones and dust of the subcontinent, after the AIML had started, there would be no such thing called Pakistan.

We often underestimate the power of a bright individual.

Last edited:
Sir ji i'm not blaming people like you. I'm just saying that people like you are like 0.01% of our population. Its not your fault that this nation is way too poor and miserable to offer you the life you deserve.

Change takes courage, courage demands sacrifice. If Jinnah had stayed in London, instead of becoming stones and dust of the subcontinent, after the AIML had started, there would be no such thing called Pakistan.

We often underestimate the power of a bright individual.

I understand what you are saying, but please realize that Jinnah returned to a United India and progressed as a lawyer before he achieved greatness. Nowadays, those basic steps that lay the foundation to achieve something are simply not there anymore.

I understand what you are saying, but please realize that Jinnah returned to a United India and progressed as a lawyer before he achieved greatness. Nowadays, those basic steps that lay the foundation to achieve something are simply not there anymore.

I disagree, he returned to a confused nation in disarray. His success as a lawyer is just another example of the man's applied genius.

World has always been a basket case, it changes by people who make the best of whats left and make it right.

I disagree, he returned to a confused nation in disarray. His success as a lawyer is just another example of the man's applied genius.

World has always been a basket case, it changes by people who make the best of whats left and make it right.

Would you care to compare governance including law and order between then and now? How about selection by merit?

You do realize that Jinnah was able to afford his own private plane from his legal practice?

Last edited:
Even a person working as laborer is included in this no.

Brain drain is term used in different context.

The term "Brain Drain" here is a misnomer. It includes "Limb Drain" apart from "Brain Drain".
Of course every set of Limbs has a Brain attached (physiologically speaking); so that is as far as it goes.

Would you care to compare governance including law and order between then and now? How about selection by merit?

You do realize that Jinnah was able to afford his own private plane from his legal practice?

'We' are the merit. If 'we' don't work for it, 'we' won't get it.

I'm sure you realize why AMU was started by SSA Khan?

Back
Top Bottom