What's new

Brahmos Missile test from an Su-30 MKI a threat to region : Pak Foreign Office

Op Parkram forced Pak army to reduce infiltration by 90%

Looks like you did scare Pakistan by sadly committing so many troop's to their deaths on your own side, 2000 is indeed a scary number.

I know you mean the Parkram debacle. Let me recount for you how that went.

The life of an Indian Army soldier comes cheap. The US-led coalition forces lost just around 150 personnel during the Iraq operations. In sharp contrast, and without going to war, almost 2,000 Indian Army soldiers were killed or wounded during the 10-month forward deployment along the Indo-Pak border during 2001-2002.

The number of Army personnel killed or wounded in Jammu and Kashmir and the western sector during the mobilisation, Operation Parakram, from December 19, 2001 to October 16, 2002, was 1,874, according to Indian officials who are usually tight lipped about Indian Army casualties.

This, by any benchmark, is a truly staggering figure for a 10-month period, even if the counter-insurgency operations in Jammu and Kashmir are taken into account.

In the initial phase of the Parakram debacle itself, after the December 2001 Parliament attack, over 100 soldiers were killed and 250 injured during mine-laying operations. Vehicle accidents, artillery duels with Pakistan and other incidents led to many more casualties.

Relentless counter-insurgency operations in Jammu and Kashmir are also, of course, exacting a heavy toll on the soldiers, with over 1,000 being killed in terrorist activity in the last three years.

Reading the above facts is enough to know what the Parkram Debacle was all about, a surge in casualties of Indian soldiers. It all settled down after the troops returned to their barracks.

2000 troops is certainly some sacrifice just to control the staggering infiltration that stood reduced afterwards by 90% according to Indian Army estimates.

All things considered, I wouldn't call it causing something without even firing a bullet.

Brahmos aka Yakont is a non-nuclear c.m and Pakistan just trying to cash this point to test their own long range nuclear capable air launched cruise missile.

Deadly BrahMos test-fired from Sukhoi-30MKI, becomes deep surgical-strike missile
TIMESOFINDIA.COM | Updated: Nov 22, 2017, 16:46 IST

HIGHLIGHTS

• The BrahMos was today tested for the first time from a Sukhoi-30MKI fighter jet
  • The two together make for a deadly combination, defence sources said
  • With the test, BrahMos has been upgraded to a deep surgical-strike weapon from merely a precision-strike weapon
NEW DELHI: The deadly BrahMos supersonic cruise missile today became a deep surgical-strike missile after it was tested for the first time from a Sukhoi-30MKI fighter jet.

By the way, why is there such an infatuation for the terms "indigenous" and "surgical strike" in India?

Is it due to the fact that Kashmiri Mujahideen have been committing indigenous surgical incursions and operations against Indian troops, in and out of Kashmir for decades, to which Indian military and political forces have had no response what so ever as the Kashmiri freedom struggle stands at its most intense now than ever before.

So have the words become somewhat of an infatuation imprinted on Indian minds so much that they can't help but try an associate it with everything they call an achievement.

I'm sure that indigenous assembly of Brahmos missile must be a highlight of this weapon too.

What about the effect of operation Parakaram on Pakistan

Looks like you did scare Pakistan by sadly committing so many troop's to their deaths on your own side, 2000 is indeed a scary number.

I know you mean the Parkram debacle. Let me recount for you how that went.

The life of an Indian Army soldier comes cheap. The US-led coalition forces lost just around 150 personnel during the Iraq operations. In sharp contrast, and without going to war, almost 2,000 Indian Army soldiers were killed or wounded during the 10-month forward deployment along the Indo-Pak border during 2001-2002.

The number of Army personnel killed or wounded in Jammu and Kashmir and the western sector during the mobilisation, Operation Parakram, from December 19, 2001 to October 16, 2002, was 1,874, according to Indian officials who are usually tight lipped about Indian Army casualties.

This, by any benchmark, is a truly staggering figure for a 10-month period, even if the counter-insurgency operations in Jammu and Kashmir are taken into account.

In the initial phase of the Parakram debacle itself, after the December 2001 Parliament attack, over 100 soldiers were killed and 250 injured during mine-laying operations. Vehicle accidents, artillery duels with Pakistan and other incidents led to many more casualties.

Relentless counter-insurgency operations in Jammu and Kashmir are also, of course, exacting a heavy toll on the soldiers, with over 1,000 being killed in terrorist activity in the last three years.

Reading the above facts is enough to know what the Parkram Debacle was all about, a surge in casualties of Indian soldiers. It all settled down after the troops returned to their barracks.

2000 troops is certainly some sacrifice just to control the staggering infiltration that stood reduced afterwards by 90% according to Indian Army estimates.

All things considered, I wouldn't call it causing something without even firing a bullet.

Last edited:
Deadly BrahMos test-fired from Sukhoi-30MKI, becomes deep surgical-strike missile
TIMESOFINDIA.COM | Updated: Nov 22, 2017, 16:46 IST

HIGHLIGHTS

• The BrahMos was today tested for the first time from a Sukhoi-30MKI fighter jet
  • The two together make for a deadly combination, defence sources said
  • With the test, BrahMos has been upgraded to a deep surgical-strike weapon from merely a precision-strike weapon
NEW DELHI: The deadly BrahMos supersonic cruise missile today became a deep surgical-strike missile after it was tested for the first time from a Sukhoi-30MKI fighter jet.

By the way, why is there such an infatuation for the terms "indigenous" and "surgical strike" in India?

Is it due to the fact that Kashmiri Mujahideen have been committing indigenous surgical incursions and operations against Indian troops, in and out of Kashmir for decades, to which Indian military and political forces have had no response what so ever as the Kashmiri freedom struggle stands at its most intense now than ever before.

So have the words become somewhat of an infatuation imprinted on Indian minds so much that they can't help but try an associate it with everything they call an achievement.

I'm sure that indigenous assembly of Brahmos missile must be a highlight of this weapon too.
Lemme ask you one thing, who do you think writes these articles? Hint, its not government officials or army officials.
BTW, in west a similar obsession exists but with different catch phrases. Here it is 'Diversity' and 'Racism' which are in fashion. You can see those repeated and rehashed in every damn article.

Pakistanis don't have any credibility on any global forum.... Who will Now listen to this beggary Rant!!

UN. Umma Chinese have all abandoned them....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom