What's new

BrahMos-ER test fired for the first time at 450 km range.

Waiting eagerly for this Mach 7 Hypersonic Brahmos
BrahMos-II-Hypersonic-Missile.jpg

Actually it is very tough to go to high hypersonic range .

I Quote
practical aerospace configurations are likely to allow only one "hole" for the engine, and that ramjets and scramjets produce no thrust while standing still or when the atmosphere is too thin, and further complicated because the airframe and engine are totally integrated, not only with regard to generating net thrust, but also inevitably from the standpoint of the ordinary "aerodynamic" effects such as lift and drag forces and stability and control moments.

not to forget
Accomplishing stable, efficient mixing and combustion in a supersonic flow within a burner of reasonable size.

Structural integrity problems.

Though India also has her program

images

upload_2017-3-12_17-58-51.png

upload_2017-3-12_17-59-30.png

Combustor development
upload_2017-3-12_18-0-1.png

Actually it is very tough to go to high hypersonic range .

I Quote
practical aerospace configurations are likely to allow only one "hole" for the engine, and that ramjets and scramjets produce no thrust while standing still or when the atmosphere is too thin, and further complicated because the airframe and engine are totally integrated, not only with regard to generating net thrust, but also inevitably from the standpoint of the ordinary "aerodynamic" effects such as lift and drag forces and stability and control moments.

not to forget
Accomplishing stable, efficient mixing and combustion in a supersonic flow within a burner of reasonable size.

Structural integrity problems.

Though India also has her program

images

View attachment 383340

View attachment 383342

Combustor development
View attachment 383343

I know. But that's the plan. Mach 5.5 for enchanced ramjet Brahmos. Mach 13 for scramjet Brahmos.

http://in.rbth.com/news/2017/01/20/brahmos-developing-hypersonic-reusable-missiles_685336
speed of more than Mach 10

Tbh this is not side in was exploring. I was merely explaining to that arrogant @Storm Force Who recently learned how to reply by using reply button that so ich arrogance and claiming that Russia will not survive without Indian orders is absurd. You need them much as they need you. The core critical tech cannot be made without their assistance. The example here I gave was brahmos.

Ah .. I was merely distracting you ....

BTW, I hover nowadays ..... so I quote few selected people ... or samples at times ...

Sorry for interrupting ... do carry on:enjoy:

Ah .. I was merely distracting you ....

BTW, I hover nowadays ..... so I quote few selected people ... or samples at times ...

Sorry for interrupting ... do carry on:enjoy:
:D That is true very few people left like you. BYW where is that Professor cant recall his name

Wasn't this obvious, such a long and heavy missile cannot be just for 290kms, it's true range was always much higher. Now with India signing the MTCR the secret is now open.
The real versatility of this missile will be when it is integrated with the Sukhois.

Now the situation, of course, has changed. The state is able to sponsor new developments. Plus, there are new opportunities, new markets.
Of course, money was needed, but it can not be denied that thanks to cooperation with Russia, the military industry of China and India has risen to a new level.

I would say a level with autonomy.

Lol. R &d is not financed by India ? @vostok
Dude get it right,I am not saying that entire russian R&D was financed by Indian that would is not correct. It was the arms deals which kept russian firms afloat. Support from state had dwindled and most of the companies had to stop their work.

I think you are confused between a glide vehicle vs missile. Missile goes up to Mach 3. If there are faster missile that can go that fast, US will be the country that produce it first. However, I doubt US is looking to create missiles that fly that fast. So India could be the only country looking to create very fast missiles...

It's likely that US, Russia and China are looking at glide vehicles, rail guns or direct energy weapons. That will leave India as the sole researcher of high speed traditional missiles.

I think you are confused between a glide vehicle vs missile. Missile goes up to Mach 3. If there are faster missile that can go that fast, US will be the country that produce it first. However, I doubt US is looking to create missiles that fly that fast. So India could be the only country looking to create very fast missiles...

It's likely that US, Russia and China are looking at glide vehicles, rail guns or direct energy weapons. That will leave India as the sole researcher of high speed traditional missiles.

http://in.rbth.com/news/2017/01/20/brahmos-developing-hypersonic-reusable-missiles_685336
The boomerang missile would have a capacity to deliver the warhead, assess the destruction of target, come back and get ready to go again at a speed of more than Mach 10.

The Russian are already flight testing a mach 5.5 missile. India already has a mach 7.5 'glide vehicle' in operation.
http://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/sc...-testfires-shourya-missile/article2482010.ece
The missile rose on the dot at 2.30 p.m. from a canister strapped on to the ground, climbed to an altitude of 40 km and sped at 7.5 Mach, that is, 7.5 times the speed of sound. It covered its full range of 700 km in 500 seconds.

Brahmos 2 is a hypersonic UCAV. So you can't compare it to glide vehicles or lasers or rail guns.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom