What's new

BrahMos-ER test fired for the first time at 450 km range.

The Brahmos was always meant to have its range extended during wartime. Yakhont's software is nowhere near where Brahmos is. Yakhont is quite simple in comparisonm comparable to Brahmos Block 1.

The guidance and flight controls source codes for Brahmos were written in India using Indian hardware.

BS. Brahmos is a JV. We created the software and guidance. The Russians gave the airframe, engine and seeker.

Here's info about the latest advances in Brahmos.
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/desi-g3om-makes-brahmos-smarter.323056/

There's no political pressure, India is already part of MTCR.

The current range increase and the failure in 2009 are not related.
http://www.armingindia.com/India De...hMos, Other Missiles Sudhir Mishra Part 2.htm

You did not create the software for that. Russia is now transferring the original firmware of Yakhont which Brahmos is.
The step by step increase in range is more to do with political impact of such increase than any technicalities.
The clue was in the size and weight of the missile. A 300 Km cruise missile missile of 3 ton weigh makes no sense. It was another Yakhont with same machinery and even fuel .
There wont be any more range increase than 600 Km as that's what the missile can do.

The software was created by India in 2006 to Reduce range of Brahmos as initial tests failed to hit targets of reduced range.
Now increasing the range will be a walk in the park as original software is to be installed without modification.
The target envelop of Yakhont is 450-600 Km .

http://www.brahmos.com/newscenter.php?newsid=67[/QUOTEdo brahmos has this capabilities now?

http://*********************/forum/attachments/bl-jpg.14419/

Right before hitting the target !

Be prepared for 600km and 800 km range Brahmos soon :enjoy::enjoy::enjoy:

It was a user trial. We had briefly mentioned that the range is reported 290 but exceeds. Earlier too on the forum elsewhere.

This missile was part of the operational stock.
My mate.!!!!!!

Longtime bro. Sorry if this post was misunderstood. My inky point was to prove if you take out Russia from the project you can't continue on your own since this jv. Let's not get into high horse. Was the msg to stormforce

Other than china , India is the country which gives big ticket deals to russia which nearly finances the R&D of defence companies.
Probably if they expand to include clients with lot of cash like saudis , Indias clout might reduce. If not for Indian deals they would have to shut down some their programs. Then ppl will simply go & work for china.
Lol. R &d is not financed by India ? @vostok

THESE HAVE COME WITHOU RUSSIA

do you get the message YET SALARSIKANDER

India will do business with RUSSIA provided they play ball...

YOU do not piss off countries LIKE INDIA with its clout and many options

SOMETHING ISRAELIS learnt 20 years ago .. THSTS WHY they get MASSIVE INDIAN ORDERS

Russians are plain stupid ........... AND ARE declining power

how idiotic ...........THEY lost india as a major ally
Dummbass. The radar is not so bigge it is flying on another non Indian jet. Secondly when both lch actually flies and kills then speak.
My question was you cannot make critical tech without Russian help. So stop acting like your hintech country

We are in an elite club with rocket technology,but we are not the sole country to have that. Also we made our own warships and aircraft carriers,but again others also made it in past. But a Russians were the sole country to have supersonic missile tech until we tested info Russian brahmos missile,so to answer to @salarsikander query,i think no without russians, India will never be having a brahmos type missile.
See this is what I meant. Havingnhumilty will not kill you. We all know humble beginning of ISRO and look where it is now. Slapping those elite countries whom said India cannotmdo it.

True,it's not at all India product rather its basically a Russian missile with some improvements done by DRDO. But i don't care if it is semi indigenous or fully indigenous,it's has to serve its purpose that is keeping away our enemies entering in to my land, destroying high priority targets deep inside in our western border and eastern border.
Love your attitude. Plain simple and reliable. No silly ego.

@Storm Force Do you know a powerhouse is never on top 10 importers of defence in world. If it was so much hi tech like Japan, I wonder what you're doing in UK. No wonder u have - 40 ratings
It is not an exaggeration to say that in the 1990s, a large part of the enterprises of the Russian military-industrial complex would have been destroyed without orders from China, India, Syria, Algeria and other countries.
But to claim that once a mighty power house is nothing in front of some new boy in town with few buck is stupid. No one can deny the know how russkies have. Surely it wouldn't have the money but can a new boy with some buck in pocket compete with old power house knowledge and skills ? S

My mate.!!!!!!

Longtime bro. Sorry if this post was misunderstood. My inky point was to prove if you take out Russia from the project you can't continue on your own since this jv. Let's not get into high horse. Was the msg to stormforce

Yup holds true. Most of the R&D has moved towards own seekers now.

I quoted you more for the emphasis that the range was higher than 290 kms :enjoy: (something we had indicated in this forum few months back)

The most pertinent point which you may have picked up is that this is from an operational stock aka unit.

Yup holds true. Most of the R&D has moved towards own seekers now.

I quoted you more for the emphasis that the range was higher than 290 kms :enjoy: (something we had indicated in this forum few months back)

The most pertinent point which you may have picked up is that this is from an operational stock aka unit.
Tbh this is not side in was exploring. I was merely explaining to that arrogant @Storm Force Who recently learned how to reply by using reply button that so ich arrogance and claiming that Russia will not survive without Indian orders is absurd. You need them much as they need you. The core critical tech cannot be made without their assistance. The example here I gave was brahmos.

It is not an exaggeration to say that in the 1990s, a large part of the enterprises of the Russian military-industrial complex would have been destroyed without orders from China, India, Syria, Algeria and other countries.
both needed each other. You cannot say that russia defense industry would have been destroyed.

Hi shaheen missile!
I guess it has been mentioned time and again that propulsion is sourced from russia till date and there is no denying that fact. In fact seeker too currently is being sourced from russia-- because of the fact that these two items form part of the contract signed at the time of forming JV between DRDO and Russia's NPO. However seeker related research in india in 2017,has progressed a lot--I really mean a lot. The old issues of indian RF seeker being over weight(as was the case with Astra's indigenous seeker) has gradually been overcome.
Seeker for BrahMos-1 (left) & LRCM.jpg

What you see above is entirely an indian R&D effort. This seeker is going to be the standard one for both brahmos and Nirbhay(at least thats what the plans are). A similar RF seeker was designed by an indian pvt company by the name data patterns.
The mission software wherein you define various mission parameters and the mission profile itself is russian,However the entire guidance and control software enbedded into that mission software is indian designed.
Now,to summarize it all up-
1)India is bound by the contract to use both propulsion and seeker from russia. However on the subject of seeker russians are little flexible and they have agreed india to replace it with an indigenous one. Propulsion is something they want to keep it to themselves.
2)India does have liquid ramjet project going on,but an Indian liquid ramjet engine can never make itz way to Brahmos as it will violate the clauses of JV.
3)Seeker and guidance and control algorithms are pretty much going to be/or currently are indian as Indian research in these areas have progressed to a decent level.

This is joint project and you need their seekers. This is not indegnionus inidann weapon
The queries pertaining to seeker has already been answered above in my comments.Kindly take the pain of going through them,thanks!

Engine and Seeker is 100% Russian. Firmware of mission software is 100% Russian. Guidance software and support software are Indian. The chassy and TEL are made in India,obviously the truck used is again some foreign make
I dont know what exactly you mean by "firmware" but the mission software is russian. I have already elaborated in my post above.ANd The truck is famous TATRA assembled in india under license off course since 1987! But that doesnt mean indian pvt vendors havent or cant design a truck like that.

My intention was not to troll you but wants to bring a point Nibhay with same seeker fails last five tests and main problem is guidance system failure.
Hi @Sooperrr
Dont you think it is WISE not to speak when you dont know the issue in itz entirety?Kindly do read up about how nirbhay failed itz last test,it had nothing to do with GNC,but rather with the mechanism that deploys the wings into their position as soon as the booster is ejected out of the missile. Also there are A LOT of factual in-accuracies in your post above.For instance there have been a total of 4 tests so far,out which 2nd one was successful as it covered a range of 1050kms.

Last edited:
@Storm Force Do you know a powerhouse is never on top 10 importers of defence in world. If it was so much hi tech like Japan, I wonder what you're doing in UK. No wonder u have - 40 ratings

But to claim that once a mighty power house is nothing in front of some new boy in town with few buck is stupid. No one can deny the know how russkies have. Surely it wouldn't have the money but can a new boy with some buck in pocket compete with old power house knowledge and skills ? S
Now the situation, of course, has changed. The state is able to sponsor new developments. Plus, there are new opportunities, new markets.
Of course, money was needed, but it can not be denied that thanks to cooperation with Russia, the military industry of China and India has risen to a new level.

Now the situation, of course, has changed. The state is able to sponsor new developments. Plus, there are new opportunities, new markets.
Of course, money was needed, but it can not be denied that thanks to cooperation with Russia, the military industry of China and India has risen to a new level.
I bet most of Chinese and Indian members in PDF will not agree with you in this matter, though you are correct.

Hi @Sooperrr
Dont you think it is WISE not to speak when you dont know the issue in itz entirety?Kindly do read up about how nirbhay failed itz last test,it had nothing to do with GNC,but rather with the mechanism that deploys the wings into their position as soon as the booster is ejected out of the missile. Also there are A LOT of factual in-accuracies in your post above.For instance there have been a total of 4 tests so far,out which 2nd one was successful as it covered a range of 1050kms.

Did Nirbahy go into Terrain mode in the 2nd test or it flew the entire length at normal height? Or in any test has Nirbhay able to flew in terrain mode ?

Did Nirbahy go into Terrain mode in the 2nd test or it flew the entire length at normal height? Or in any test has Nirbhay able to flew in terrain mode ?
Hi @Bratva
In my opinion and based on the in-flight footage of that particular trial,Nirbhay did not fly in terrain hugging mode. The reason for that is pretty simple and that is,it was supposed to be the 2nd test(after the failed first attempt) and they went very conservative with the trials. They wanted to establish the range potential of the cruise missile and way point navigation among a host of other things.The 3rd test would have demonstrated the terrain hugging capabilities but it failed too. Just because some random journalist proclaim the 2nd test to be partially successful is erraneous as missile was test fired(in itz 2nd attempt) to gauge and establish some very basic characteristics like the range,guidance and control and way point navigation etc. They have taken the issue very seriously and a fresh test is expected in couple of months.Rest assured,Nirbhay will have terrain hugging mode much sooner than you're expecting.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom