What's new

BrahMos-A In Final Integration With Su-30

honestly, i don't think there ever will be "lighter version of brahmos". If there will be a lighter version, it'll have to be ea new crusie missile.

If DRDO had said that I would have been with you. But it was Brahmos Corporation who said they will be developing lighter version for Mig 29.
New cruise missiles with more range are bound to come. But there is more fun in hitting target at supersonic seed :D

Indian Army Launches World's Fastest Cruise Missile -BraHmos (Sustained Mach-3 Speed) - YouTube

if it is based on this missile it wont do Diddly sqaut against Fixed Target Look at the penetration They Wall is made of Bricks and cements All it did was went through it may be they didn;t have warhead init I hope they did not cuz if they did that is just not worth it, and penetration metal is Alot skinner then a standard target would be

But none the less good Concept

You are smart :tup: Test missiles don't have warheads in it, and do you know why test missiles don't carry warheads?

BRAHMOS can achieve only 2.8 - 3 Mach

check this link:
BrahMos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Where as CM-400AKG (CARRIER KILLER) can achieve 5.5 Mach.
2-ANTI-RADIATION MISSILE
3-FIRE AND FORGET SYSTEM,which makes it superior to BRAHMOS in all aspect of technology.
4-LOW-COST MISSILE
5-JF-17 Thunder can carry 2 CM-400AKG,whereas SUKHOI-30 can carry only one BRAHMOS at a time.

The 400 kg CM-400AKG is termed by CASIC as hypersonic since it can reach speed greater than Mach 4 at its terminal stage, and its guidance system includes GPS, onboard radar, and an image recognition system that can identify a specific target, it can also be pre-programed to destroy the ground targets with precision by uploading the digital imagery of the target or it can be re-targeted using its active radar seeker. Originally developed as a air-to-surface missile (ASM) against fixed and slow moving target,[10] an anti-shipping missile (AShM) is also developed for Pakistan.

The two difference CM-400AKG models can be easily distinguished by the difference between the arrangement of forward control surfaces of the two model: the AShM version has four short and smaller forward control surfaces,[12][13] while the ASM version has four much larger forward control surfaces.

Is that right ( anti radiation missile), if it is than no need to compare it with Brahmoose.:woot:

If lighter version of Brahmos is going to come out in few years why waist money on the integration if heavy just for 2/3 years ???

Hope Su series can carry 5 lighter Brahmos and Mig and Rafale 2 each.

To finally get long range cruise missile attack capability for IAF, an important capability we lack so far!

MKI will carry 1 x Brahmos and up to 3 x Brahmos light
Mig 29K might carry 1 x Brahmos light
Rafale might carry up to 3 x Brahmos light
FGFA will carry 2 x Brahmos light

honestly, i don't think there ever will be "lighter version of brahmos". If there will be a lighter version, it'll have to be ea new crusie missile.

Why? The development of the lighter version was confirmed by Russian and Indian officials now, we know that it will be around 2m shorter and smaller in diameter, which should reduce the weight by around 1t compared to the air launched version that will be integrated now. Nothing that big that would be out of reach of Brahmos Aero don't you think?

Btw, more interesting will be the addition of Brahmos light to INs sub fleet as a topedo launched anti ship and land attack cruise missile. Add Nirbhay from vertical launchers and you have a freaking strong attack capability!

To finally get long range cruise missile attack capability for IAF, an important capability we lack so far!

Ya but why waist money on integration of 1t or 1.5t missile when we are going to make a 500kg misile with same or nearly same capabilities in next 1/2 years ???
Integration is going to cost a good fortune in both cases. So why repeat the game
I thought MKI can carry 5 * 500kg missiles

Ya but why waist money on integration of 1t or 1.5t missile when we are going to make a 500kg misile with same or nearly same capabilities in next 1/2 years ???
Integration is going to cost a good fortune in both cases. So why repeat the game
I thought MKI can carry 5 * 500kg missiles

Which missile should that be?

Brahmos weighs 2.5t
Brahmos light expect around 1.5t
Nirbhay around 1.1t
Scalp 1.1t
Taurus 1.4t

Which missile should that be?

Brahmos weighs 2.5t
Brahmos light expect around 1.5t
Nirbhay around 1.1t
Scalp 1.1t
Taurus 1.4t

Wow I was totally unaware of that. I thought Air launched Brahmos would be 1.5t/1t. And lighter Brhmos would be 500kg missile. I think I mixed up somewhere while reading.

Thanks for correcting :)

Wow I was totally unaware of that. I thought Air launched Brahmos would be 1.5t/1t. And lighter Brhmos would be 500kg missile. I think I mixed up somewhere while reading.

Thanks for correcting :)

I think you confused that the air launched Brahmos is 500Kg light than the IA and IN versions (3t).

For your information, India is truly developing a lighter version of Brahmosh for integration with future Rafaels, Tejas, Sukhoi-FGFA, HAL AMCA & Naval Mig-29K's, it will be intigrated with the Super-Sukhois also but later, two future variants of Brahmosh is under development, first will have the spped of Mach-7 & the second will have the speed of Mach-11, India will have the world's fastest cruise missile in the world defeating China's DongFeng-21D & CM-400AKG missile having a speed of Mach-4.5 & Mach-10 respectively..........India already has the world's fastest Ballistic Missile with Agni-V having a speed of more than Mach-24, making it un-intercepted by any existing or under development missile defence in the world..........!!!!!!!!

lighter version of Brahmosh for integration with future Rafaels, Tejas, Sukhoi-FGFA, HAL AMCA & Naval Mig-29K's, it will be intigrated with the Super-Sukhois also but later, two future variants of Brahmosh is under development, first will have the spped of Mach-7 & the second will have the speed of Mach-11, India will have the world's fastest cruise missile in the world defeating

Source?

BRAHMOS can achieve only 2.8 - 3 Mach
Where as CM-400AKG (CARRIER KILLER) can achieve 5.5 Mach.
Better get your facts right before spewing rubbish. The CM-400AKG is 3.5 mach only. And check out the speed of Brahmos II on Google.

Back
Top Bottom