What's new

Boost to Make in India: HAL Rolls-out HTT-40 Prototype

What does they mean by "planning to weaponize it"?? what kinda weapons..cannons, drop bombs, AA missiles

a-29_super_tucano_thru_flickr1.jpg

Mostly A2G weapons, like machine guns, rocket pods, LGBs or ATGMs. But short range IR A2A is not uncommon, as you can see in this picture, mainly for helicopters.

Once you achieve air superiority, bombing and CAS support with these turboprops are most economical, as their running cost per hour is less than $1000 per hour, compared more than $10000 for jets.

What is this a farmer plane?

hahaha
sarcasm :bunny::flame:

bhai log sitara is very difficult get in production or to get any funding as iaf is already flying bae hawks which are cheaper and better so lets hope hal can atleast make it operational :coffee:

I'd say wait till it becomes operational- remember Sitara, HAL can f**k things up after they roll it out too.

No. I can feel a bit level of confidence level up among HAL particularly after issues resolving to LCA has got settled. The helicopter projects are coming with reasonable deadlines. And HTT prototype I believe has been made in unexpected time (partly due to competition from Pilatus) and we were not even expecting an proto to be honest.

So I believe Sitara, AJT and HTT will be expedited mostly before 2019.

What is this a farmer plane?

All Basic Jet Trainers are more or less a farmer plane with superior control systems. Obviously you cannot expect rookie pilots to train on Su-30. Take a Break Jon Bhai!!

Mostly A2G weapons, like machine guns, rocket pods, LGBs or ATGMs. But short range IR A2A is not uncommon, as you can see in this picture, mainly for helicopters.

Once you achieve air superiority, bombing and CAS support with these turboprops are most economical, as their running cost per hour is less than $1000 per hour, compared more than $10000 for jets.

Actually a more powerful than average version of the plane that's armed to the teeth will be a good export option.

Sorry to revive an old thread but that is a Brazilian Super Tucano. Just setting things straight...

Sorry to revive an old thread but that is a Brazilian Super Tucano. Just setting things straight...

I know, that post was regarding the relevance of turbo prop trainer's role in modern battlefield, and it's weapons loadout.

In 6 years since first prototype, the main fan has got a spin certification. This is the speed at which HAL operates.

HAL, however, has an opportunity to mature MCA and use money that will otherwise go to French Rafale... but HAL might have to work a tiny bit fast than their current pace.
5 years from prototype to being operationally certified, seems like an ok timeline, what’s so funny though? Just 5 years.
really cracked me up, I clicked the page and found out the first page was from 2016...
Ahh yes you guys make them overnight.

Back
Top Bottom