What's new

Bomb targeting Muharram procession kills five in Jacobabad

Its called zanjir zani in Pakistan and nearly all Shias practice it(even kids as young as 7) i once saw some Irani Shias in Islamabad last year they also were doing zanjir zani with Farsi Marsiye in background

Zangir zani isn't banned

i. Shia and Sunnis are different countries with different cultures.
:agree:

We love our Shia Brothers in Pakistan :smitten:. Sikhs and Hindus are both different. Sikhs should get Khalistan.:azn:

R.I.P

how can people target such peaceful processions ? Fcuking low lives.
Raw is involved. Shia are Muslims why we hurt our Muslims brothers.

How predictable these incidents are becoming now! Now, please don't give those printed statements "all the suspects have been killed" through our army sources. Sick and tired to trust them too.

How predictable these incidents are becoming now! Now, please don't give those printed statements "all the suspects have been killed" through our army sources. Sick and tired to trust them too.

I've been here since 2009.

A search of the archives will show that these shia procession, mosque bombings have been happening year after year. Every year.

This shia Sunni bhai bhai and the cliches of shia generals and government officials rings very hollow to be honest.

And I've been here long enough to know some big boy Shias here. And their protestations have been increasingly weakened or silenced now.

No one can turn away from the stark reality that Shias are under attack in Sunni Pakistan.

And again, the hackeneyed retort that Sunnis too are being killed is fooling nobody. Least of all the shia community in Pakistan and its bordering countries.

A search of the archives will show that these shia procession, mosque bombings have been happening year after year. Every year.

This shia Sunni bhai bhai and the cliches of shia generals and government officials rings very hollow to be honest.

And I've been here long enough to know some big boy Shias here. And their protestations have been increasingly weakened or silenced now.

No one can turn away from the stark reality that Shias are under attack in Sunni Pakistan.

And again, the hackeneyed retort that Sunnis too are being killed is fooling nobody. Least of all the shia community in Pakistan and its bordering countries.

I partially agree with you but it is not so that sunnis don't get killed here. Matter of the fact is it is only Shias processions, their shrines or mosques are being targeted. If someone is blowing himself with tons of explosives in a locality then obviously he has a specific target and unfortunately 90% of time they are Shias. Muharram processions has time and again hit by terrorists and it happen every time but they are never able to stop it.

Firstly all your military operations have failed miserably including Zarb-E-Adab or This-E-That. The militants know they cannot face a conventional war where the opponent is heavily outnumbered with the latest tanks and fighter planes. The militants will shift their operations or lie down. Of recent the militants are attacking vital installations in Pakistan.

Military operations have failed? So are you telling me that the 70% reduction in terrorist attacks is a figment of one's imagination?

I partially agree with you but it is not so that sunnis don't get killed here. Matter of the fact is it is only Shias processions, their shrines or mosques are being targeted. If someone is blowing himself with tons of explosives in a locality then obviously he has a specific target and unfortunately 90% of time they are Shias. Muharram processions has time and again hit by terrorists and it happen every time but they are never able to stop it.

I have heard many commenting that Pakistan is the arena of proxy wars funded by the sectarian madrasas of the Saudis and Iranians.

So assuming it's the Saudi school that is killing Shias, how come we do not hear of similar targeted hits by the Iranian school ?

not just sunnis, it's Punjabi sunnis, they literally control everything under the sun in Pakistan.

Military operations have failed? So are you telling me that the 70% reduction in terrorist attacks is a figment of one's imagination?
Figures can be easily manipulated and twisted. Let me ask you one question From where did u get the figure of 70% reduction in terrorist attacks. Every year the casulties are increasing,just in the last 2 days some 30 shias have been killed and scores wounded. In fact Every year there are suicide attacks on Shias during Moharram. U kill one terrorist and 10 will come out from no where. The militants know they cannot fight a conventional war where the opponent is heavily outnumbered with the latest tanks and fighter planes. Hence they will shift their operations or lie down low. Of recent there has been a increase in attacks on secular political parties by the militants. In karachi many shia professionals like docotors,lawyers,businessmen,professionals and community leaders have been shot dead

Figures can be easily manipulated and twisted. Let me ask you one question From where did u get the figure of 70% reduction in terrorist attacks. Every year the casulties are increasing,just in the last 2 days some 30 shias have been killed and scores wounded. In fact Every year there are suicide attacks on Shias during Moharram. U kill one terrorist and 10 will come out from no where. The militants know they cannot fight a conventional war where the opponent is heavily outnumbered with the latest tanks and fighter planes. Hence they will shift their operations or lie down low. Of recent there has been a increase in attacks on secular political parties by the militants. In karachi many shia professionals like docotors,lawyers,businessmen,professionals and community leaders have been shot dead

You can get the figures at Fatalities in Terrorist Violence in Pakistan 2003-2015

Do the comparison between 2013 and 2015.

Back
Top Bottom