What's new

Bomb Explodes in Istanbul,Turkey. Hits bus.

Its time to start a major operation even if it involves bombing inside Iraq......

Might be little offtopic but did US forces took any action on PKK which is operating from Iraq.??

RIP the shaheeds....

PKK does not pose a threat to the U.S. so they do not do anything about it. Also U.S. forces do not operate in that region. U.S. does provide Turkey with Intel on where they are though.

Can anyone tell me if these incidences of terrorism inside Turkey are some kind of recent escalations or have they been 'the norm' for a while? Looks like the attack in Istanbul today is a grave escalation though.

RIP to the innocent souls.

Turkey should more concern about extremism, terrorists and the states supporting them all over the world.

Yep thats what they did when they openly challenged the israeli illegal blockade of Gaza.

This article tries to directly address the causes for the escalation of the PKK driven violence. Here is a quote.
It is not clear what is happening. Blaming Israel is easy but even I don't think Israelis would be stupid enough to spill the blood of Turkish soldiers without first trying to 'engineer' a coup or faciliate a victory for CHP versus AKP.
On the other hand, it is also possible that AKP policies for Kurds are not making progress fast-enough for Kurds and Kurds want to strike while the iron is hot: Turkey has seen enough 'bad press' in American and some Western circles and so it is time to 'highlight' the plight of the Kurds. Squeeky wheel gets the grease.

I don't know what is causing the escalated violence in Turkey. But, considering the relative calm in Turkey for months, if not over a year, some kind of international angle--whether 'inspired' or directed--is not out of question at all

Reasons behind the escalation of violence- FATMA D??L? ZIBAK

According to Bugün’s Adem Yavuz Arslan, there is no visible reason to explain the escalation of violence in Turkey as the Kurdish initiative process is still in progress despite some missteps. He says that contrary to former governments, the current government is pursuing a project of “brotherhood” rather than a policy of denial -- it rains down investments in the country’s mainly Kurdish Southeast and opens discussions on personal freedoms. “So, there is no reason for the escalation of violence,” says Arslan. His theory to explain the rise of terrorism in the country is that the latest escalation of violence is an operation to get rid of the Justice and Development Party (AK Party) government. “Erdoğan could not be pushed out of the political sphere despite all interventions. If a constitutional reform package prepared by the government is approved by the public in a referendum to be held in September and the AK Party comes to power again in the next elections, this will ring alarm bells for deep-state structures like Ergenekon [a shadowy crime network which has alleged links within the state]. So, these structures are aiming to ‘discipline’ the government through PKK terrorism,” says Arslan.

RIP
sorry for off topic, but can anyone list PKK's past attacks on Turkish civilian and casualties.

Rest in peace :cry:

how did i miss this thread :angry:

i feel sorry for my turkish brothers, my condolences :cry:

PKK does not pose a threat to the U.S. so they do not do anything about it. Also U.S. forces do not operate in that region. U.S. does provide Turkey with Intel on where they are though.

Nor did the USAF stop Turkish planes from attacking the PPK in Iraq

Back
Top Bottom