What's new

Bollywood is back on PIA flights.

True, its good for both sides to normalize in anything right now, some powers have vested interest in India, Pakistan relations to deteriorate, we are buying arms to kill each other.

Agree with you sir, India and pakistan should move towards normalising the relations.

And I am sure that when we watch Indian movie, across the border the Indians watch our Dramas and listen to Pakistani music and vice versa, its great stuff, plus I think the Indians do like Rock as I see lots of Music videos are adding loads of Pakistani Rock bands in their clips.

Well lot of examples are there, but prime example is Mr. Adnan Sami who is loved across India

a few movies being played on the plane wont make a difference. anyway pirated indian movies are making thier way to pakistan. maybe lifting the censorship on indian movies will stop piracy.

and about the serial dramas, you are 100% correct. they are pathetic. i never understood what women saw in them anyway.

But somehow things are moving. We should be happy with that.

do you know already how much our ladies society are emotionally attached with these pathetic indian dramas! beside educating their children with general knowledge they care more about "these drama affairs" then teaching their children..
And as for Pakistan's international airlines playing indian movies.. what a sham! how the heck are we going to promote tourism in pakistan with indian movies playing in all seats!?

:) :) all those ladies who have plenty of time having no intrest in house-hold and constructive things watch these ummmmmmmmm pathatic dramas to pass their time.

as far showing Indian movies in PIA well mmmmmmm even the Emirates show these and it depends on the kind of passangers if these are from India Pakistan they will prefer to watch it otherwise others dont even bother to take a look at these.

And as far as fear of penetration of Indian culture through these movies :)

well its always realy funny that the Indian movies dont carry their own culture. All these are copy catting of the Western culture and i always say

jab yahi sab kuch dekhna ha tau banda Western beauties kyun na dekha bajay India taeel :P (oil-zada) actresses ko dekhana ka

Well said bro!
Lets watch Indiana Jones instead of Jannat at cinema!

:) :) all those ladies who have plenty of time having no intrest in house-hold and constructive things watch these ummmmmmmmm pathatic dramas to pass their time.

as far showing Indian movies in PIA well mmmmmmm even the Emirates show these and it depends on the kind of passangers if these are from India Pakistan they will prefer to watch it otherwise others dont even bother to take a look at these.

well its always realy funny that the Indian movies dont carry their own culture. All these are copy catting of the Western culture and i always say

jab yahi sab kuch dekhna ha tau banda Western beauties kyun na dekha bajay India taeel :P (oil-zada) actresses ko dekhana ka

You watch the movies for actresses!

Alternate lifestyle? ;)

Dear it wont matter much to Emirates showing indian movies because they already have multi $billion tourists industry in dubia alone. they are already advertising Emirates on media and even sponsoring football cricket rugby and many sports teams! what are we doing to promote our tourism?
the most affordable and effective way is to target our international air lines and broadcast as much as "travail guide shows" like "travail guide of pakistan" etc... showing indian movies to goras will only motivate them to go to india, and yes bollywood is a fake culture but at least it is portraying a positive indian image.!

Arabs watch Indian movies they even listen to their Music, Indian movies are very popular in the Middle East, you might not now this so I am telling you.

Indian culture and Pakistani culture seem pretty similar. Except for the exclusively hindu rituals, the Punjabi culture is pretty much similar for both sides of the border.

There is no match. what so ever.
I have seen indians in middle east. they are 180° opposite to the rest of the world.
We should even change our national language to Arabic or English or any thing but not similar to what indians understand.
indians are conspiring all the time it is like part of their religon. I wonder how they live together.
i have seen indian sweepers tearing off faxed job application of non indians, do you see how this mafia works.

There is no match. what so ever.
I have seen indians in middle east. they are 180° opposite to the rest of the world.
We should even change our national language to Arabic or English or any thing but not similar to what indians understand.
indians are conspiring all the time it is like part of their religon. I wonder how they live together.
i have seen indian sweepers tearing off faxed job application of non indians, do you see how this mafia works.

Oh man, you are carrying a heavy burden on your shoulders!

The burden of illogical, pathological hate. You need help (not from an Indian shrink though).

You watch the movies for actresses!

Alternate lifestyle? ;)

nah i dont have any love for body selling actresses.

i was just telling you if one has to watch naked women than why on earth they should go for the second rate movies showing women with tons of make up even on their bodies.

nah i dont have any love for body selling actresses.

i was just telling you if one has to watch naked women than why on earth they should go for the second rate movies showing women with tons of make up even on their bodies.

You are entitled to your views.

Indian movies have changed over the years and there is more body on show than earlier but many people around the world admire them including millions of Pakistanis.

If someone were to watch the movies for the intention that you mention here, you are right there are better alternatives. Most people don't watch Indian movies for that I would think. They watch them for the different sensibilities they provide compared to Hollywood in general.

May be your tastes are superior and so you prefer watching Pakistani movies. Congrates.

You are entitled to your views.

Indian movies have changed over the years and there is more body on show than earlier but many people around the world admire them including millions of Pakistanis.

If someone were to watch the movies for the intention that you mention here, you are right there are better alternatives. Most people don't watch Indian movies for that I would think. They watch them for the different sensibilities they provide compared to Hollywood in general.

May be your tastes are superior and so you prefer watching Pakistani movies. Congrates.

:) my dear most of the drivers and labourers watch indian movies for that matter not for the sensibilities my dear do you see any sensibility there in these fiction movies where you can reborn again and again :P

but anyway i dont watch crap either from India or Pakistan.

Both are selling craps.

Go and have a survey how many people watch Art movies made by India or Pakistan. You will see few hunderds and the number of those exceed thousands who watch masla movies.

And i dint not say that Pakistanis dont watch Indian movies indeed they were and these are being watched here.

"OH no....Pakistanis are being hindu-fied by the unislamic hindu (oops Hindi) movies. "

Guess what? the only guys who think this way are the wannabe arabs who think that indian culture has nothing to do with Pakistan.

The reason why hindi movies are insanely popular in Pakistan is simple - Pakistanis identify with them.

Oh and not all Bollywood movies are crap. India produces a movie of sheer brilliance perhaps once every 10 releases. And that's not a bad record at all.

I say it's very simple.

If you want to watch them, do it (and not on pirated DVDs, make sure that the creators of these movies get their due). If not, no one is forcing you.

You don't have to sit in judgment over everything Indian.

Frankly it sounds like sour grapes when you try to belittle Indian movies.

Back
Top Bottom