What's new

Bollywood is back on PIA flights.

I say it's very simple.

If you want to watch them, do it (and not on pirated DVDs, make sure that the creators of these movies get their due). If not, no one is forcing you.

:) you mean we should pay more when we have a choice to buy a Pirated CDs/DVDs at Rs10 or 30 ;)
And that too for wasting our 3 hours on watching naked women dancing, or a hero who plucks an entire tree or picks up a truck easily and throw it on the wicket villain without getting a scratch :P or a man who dies and he again stand up suddenly.

You don't have to sit in judgment over everything Indian.

Frankly it sounds like sour grapes when you try to belittle Indian movies.

NO its not the matter of being Indian or being produced in India, the only thing which matters is what you are offering.

Most of Indian movies are based on hate against Pakistan and Muslims.
Muslims are portrayed wicketly there and maligning the religion of Islam.

And intrestingly recently some cunning minds from Indian film industry had found another way to try tarnishing the basic beliefs of Islam by showing that there is no difference in Islam and Hinduism.

As far being Indian product well give us some good art movies and we have no problem with that.
After all we are using many products from India without being biase.
The indain saris are very popular here even in my City Peshawar so my dear its not the matter of being Indian product but the quality and what you are offering.

Where did you get that?
Most (if not all) hindi movies go out of their way to promote hindu-muslim unity in rather cheesy fashion.

Yeah war movies show Pakistanis as the bad guys. That's why they are called war movies. Get a life people.
I don't see the Kremlin whining every time a hollywood villian has a ruskie accent.

And intrestingly recently some cunning minds from Indian film industry had found another way to try tarnishing the basic beliefs of Islam by showing that there is no difference in Islam and Hinduism.

Wow....now that's what I call a hin-jew conspiracy.

Where is your objectivity, my dear Jana?

:) you mean we should pay more when we have a choice to buy a Pirated CDs/DVDs at Rs10 or 30 ;)
And that too for wasting our 3 hours on watching naked women dancing, or a hero who plucks an entire tree or picks up a truck easily and throw it on the wicket villain without getting a scratch :P or a man who dies and he again stand up suddenly.

There are two parts to this part of your post.

Why should you pay more: Why do you pay something at all at the supermarket? Why not just try to shoplift all that you need?

The movies are creative products. Their creators deserve to get the money if you consume their output, just as you pay for any other product. Else you are stealing their product (or helping in their stealing if you have no other option)

Heard of TRIPS?

The second is about the content of the movies. About naked woman and impossible stunts etc.

Now I feel that you imagination tends to runs wild while watching the movies, else few movies in India have "NAKED Women". They may dress more liberally than in Peshawar or most of Pakistan, but that does not make them vulgar.

Guess what, the photos you posted of yourself in the other thread may be enough to get you censored in a Taliban ruled Afghanistan! They may even call you names and say that you are destroying Islamic values by wearing "revealing" clothes. They used to cane women for showing their toe of the foot AFAIK!

So India may have different dressing habits from Peshawar and what is acceptable in Indian movies will be dictated by Indians. I thought that much was obvious.

Others just have a choice to take it or chuck it.

NO its not the matter of being Indian or being produced in India, the only thing which matters is what you are offering.

As far being Indian product well give us some good art movies and we have no problem with that.
After all we are using many products from India without being biase.
The indain saris are very popular here even in my City Peshawar so my dear its not the matter of being Indian product but the quality and what you are offering.

Do you know that some of the biggest names in Indian Cinema are Muslim? Now you are insulting the most secular industry by claiming this. Indian movies are not anti-Muslim by any means. May be you can have few isolated examples but that is not the norm.

Some war movies and other movies on the topic of terror may have Anti-Pak undertones and that would be understandably so. But Anti-Islam they were not. Even Muslim producer-directors have made war movies which show Pakistan as the aggressor and the looser.

Don't try to equate Pakistan with Islam.

It is not a Bollywood invention.

In India, indeed there is a strong sentiment that all religions have the same goals and follow the same path to the same God, known to people by different names!

Unity in Diversity is our national motto and not divide through decrying others beliefs, be they religious or otherwise!

Hardly cunning. Actually very benign!

The airlines, that provide In-Flight entertainment (IFE), somehow also give you the choice and option via a control whatever you want to watch or listen …....I will recommend that make use of that control...........Hollywood/Bollywood/Lollywood or whatever, the choice should be available and let the person decide for him/herself what they want to watch……

In Pakistan, we have Indian movie shops in every nook and corner, every wedding begins and finishes at Indian music….everywhere you go one sees Indian stars posters, CDs, DVDs etc etc…..So why we are making a big fuss if PIA has started to show something that everybody is watching anyway…….

Personally, I am not an Indian soaps or movie fan, but I won’t mind if someone else is…Let people choose for themselves…And if we are so concerned about cultural issues, then we should give a common man a better option for entertainment…..he needs something in his life ….if we cant provide one…..he will find one……and as majority don’t understand English….so you know that where will he look for entertainment…….take a guess?

yes i agree with x man i also don't understand what the big deal is when bollywood is already so widely available in pak ? I bet the majority of pakistanis who watch movies do watch indian films but i can understand if they are horribly vulgar or anti-pakistan but if they're not then i don't see anything wrong in showing them nobody is forcing anyone to watch but if others like them then let them .I don't think it's some cunning conspiracy to destroy pak like people are making out yes there have been anti-pak movies but thats the those filmmakers fault you can't really blame for the whole industry for most part they're just out to make movies and entertain not to offend anyone.

The airlines, that provide In-Flight entertainment (IFE), somehow also give you the choice and option via a control whatever you want to watch or listen …....I will recommend that make use of that control...........Hollywood/Bollywood/Lollywood or whatever, the choice should be available and let the person decide for him/herself what they want to watch……

In Pakistan, we have Indian movie shops in every nook and corner, every wedding begins and finishes at Indian music….everywhere you go one sees Indian stars posters, CDs, DVDs etc etc…..So why we are making a big fuss if PIA has started to show something that everybody is watching anyway…….

Personally, I am not an Indian soaps or movie fan, but I won’t mind if someone else is…Let people choose for themselves…And if we are so concerned about cultural issues, then we should give a common man a better option for entertainment…..he needs something in his life ….if we cant provide one…..he will find one……and as majority don’t understand English….so you know that where will he look for entertainment…….take a guess?

The Most responsible post so far....

C'mon mates, give individuals their own choice for God's sake.. some people might find soaps and films to be boring and non-sense, but some find them attractive and good, its upto the individual.

Also, blaming Indians for everything is'nt intelligent. I mean, are Indians begging you to watch these bollywood films???:crazy:

exactly. its all a matter of choice. if some people want to watch bollywood movies, let them. its their choice. censorship will only result in resentment.

i for one actually hate most bollywood movies. when i watch them i wonder wheter i'm watching a story about india and indians, or some pseudo-western crap. for those pakistanis who worry about 'indian culture' spreading to pakistn thru bollywood, the good news is that it wont. the bad news is that the culture that spreads is an imitation of western culture, and mainly the bad aspects of western culture. spreading of indian culture would have been a preferrable

It is not a Bollywood invention.

In India, indeed there is a strong sentiment that all religions have the same goals and follow the same path to the same God, known to people by different names!

Unity in Diversity is our national motto and not divide through decrying others beliefs, be they religious or otherwise!

Hardly cunning. Actually very benign!

How cunning :)

Sir distorting basic belifs of a religion is one thing and saying that all religions have same goals is another.

Well said bro!
Lets watch Indiana Jones instead of Jannat at cinema!

....and promote Amrikkan culture, thus diluting the Pakistani values even further?

Its really funny how people are willing to close their minds to protect their hearts.

exactly. its all a matter of choice. if some people want to watch bollywood movies, let them. its their choice. censorship will only result in resentment.

i for one actually hate most bollywood movies. when i watch them i wonder wheter i'm watching a story about india and indians, or some pseudo-western crap. for those pakistanis who worry about 'indian culture' spreading to pakistn thru bollywood, the good news is that it wont. the bad news is that the culture that spreads is an imitation of western culture, and mainly the bad aspects of western culture. spreading of indian culture would have been a preferrable

su we are not objecting to the choice of individual indeed everyone has the right to watch whatever one wants no one can stop anyone from doing so.

At my home one of my brothers like to watch indian movies while the rest prefer Hollywood and i go for the current affairs programmes so the question is not of stopping someone from watching Indian movies.

As far cultural invasion by India through these movies well i said many times before and i still believe and you had also endorsed it that if at all any culture is going to pass on it is the Western one and Not the Indian.

Thats what i am saying these movies are having Western culture rather than the Indian.

i believe and i had seen just like Pakistan, Indian families still have values which are NOT AT ALL Shown by the Indian movies or even crap dramas.

su we are not objecting to the choice of individual indeed everyone has the right to watch whatever one wants no one can stop anyone from doing so.

At my home one of my brothers like to watch indian movies while the rest prefer Hollywood and i go for the current affairs programmes so the question is not of stopping someone from watching Indian movies.

As far cultural invasion by India through these movies well i said many times before and i still believe and you had also endorsed it that if at all any culture is going to pass on it is the Western one and Not the Indian.

Thats what i am saying these movies are having Western culture rather than the Indian.

i believe and i had seen just like Pakistan, Indian families still have values which are NOT AT ALL Shown by the Indian movies or even crap dramas.
I have already addressed this point in earlier posts. Indian movies don't represent western values either. The movies are purely fantasy with an amalgamation of all sorts of inputs; but that idea in itself is Indian because no other film industry does this. There are a few good books on this topic; PM me if you want details.

How cunning :)

Sir distorting basic belifs of a religion is one thing and saying that all religions have same goals is another.

Can you give soem examples of this? If it had happened, I am sure the Muslims of India would have called that out. And almost all Indian movies have substantial Muslim involvement.

I am sure you are not trying to claim they are not Muslim enough! Are you?

I have already addressed this point in earlier posts. Indian movies don't represent western values either. The movies are purely fantasy with an amalgamation of all sorts of inputs; but that idea in itself is Indian because no other film industry does this. There are a few good books on this topic; PM me if you want details.

Thank You Energon i would like to ask for some other books on some seriouse issue or real issues.

One such area is the usage of culture or Film Industry by South Indians to get to the power i realy felt that they had used it very wisely i will PM you the theme.

AS far the culture in Indian movies well you did debate and i did endorsed that these do not represent the real Indians thats what i am saying and thats what your countrymen are denying.

And i am not talking about amalgamation of ideas and fantacies as culture of India rather i guess you must be understanding what i mean.

Back
Top Bottom