What's new

:: Bollywood Corner ::

Prosenjit: If Bangladesh opens its market, Bengali cinema can prosper

New Delhi:
Bengali cinema superstar Prosenjit Chatterjee, whose latest film 'Jaatishwar' will get a countrywide release Friday, says Bengali films can prosper if Bangladesh opens its market for them.

The 51-year-old, who has featured in over 300 films, including 'Chokher Bali' and 'Dosar', considers Bangladesh a good market to sell Bengali films made in India.

"But there are political and social commitments. And due to piracy of our films there we are not able to do good business. If that market opens up we won't be less than Southern film industry," Prosenjit said here at the screening of 'Jaatishwar'.

prosenjit-pm-jun28.jpg

A factor that impacts the business of Bengali cinema is the screening of other language films in West Bengal.

Another factor that impacts the business of Bengali cinema is screening of other language films in the state.

"We never got the opportunity to do only Bengali cinema in our state," he added.

"In South India, they don't entertain Hindi films, the way it should be. They have only Telugu, Tamil and Malayali films. Hindi films are not big there," added the star who feels Bengali cinema has survived so far only on content.

Prosenjit: If Bangladesh opens its market, Bengali cinema can prosper

Alia Bhatt ki photo daloo

Ye lo Bhai Tumhare Alia. :D

alia-arjun.jpg

350862,xcitefun-alia-bhatt-man-magazine-1.jpg

There was a Brazilian novela called "Caminho das Indias" in which Indian culture was portrayed by Brazilian actors. Some even looked lke INdians . This novela became really popular in Brazil.

juliana-paes-na-novela-caminhos-da-india-14-117-thumb-170.jpg

0,,19797299-EX,00.jpg

Is Bollywood popular in Brazil?

RAW is spreading its wing. :P

I don't get why at least Kolkatan Bengali film is not allowed in BD. BD makes very filthy movies in the world but during 70's golden era our films were some of the best in the subcontinent but now its extremely cheap. Yuck. Hope we get to see Kolkatan films in threatres. Bangladeshis are crazy about Dev and Jeet, two Kolkatan actors.

@IamBengali

Have you seen the Bollywood movie 'Kahaani' ?

Yeah I have seen it. Its the only Vidya film I liked after Paa and Parineeta. The other films she did are crap. I thought it was a Bengali film made in Hindi. Was it bollywood production or Tollywood (Kolkata) production? All actors and technicians used were from Bengal.

Yeah I have seen it. Its the only Vidya film I liked after Paa and Parineeta. The other films she did are crap. I thought it was a Bengali film made in Hindi. Was it bollywood production or Tollywood (Kolkata) production? All actors and technicians used were from Bengal.

It was a Bollywood production set in Kolkata. Yes, you're right about the Bengali actors and technicians in the film. Loved the movie!

Hey, a Bangladeshi actress nominated for Filmfare Awards (Bengali) for the first time in Best Actress category. :yahoo:

ফিল্মফেয়ার পুরস্কারে মনোনয়ন পেলেন জয়া
বিনোদন প্রতিবেদক | আপডেট: ০০:২০, মার্চ ২৪, ২০১৪ | প্রিন্ট সংস্করণ

532f24904eee1-Untitled-2.jpg
বলিউডের ফিল্মফেয়ার পুরস্কার এবার দেওয়া হবে কলকাতার বাংলা ছবির জন্য। প্রথম আসরেই এই পুরস্কারের জন্য মনোনয়ন পেয়েছেন জয়া আহসান। গত বছর জয়া কলকাতায় আবর্ত ছবিতে অভিনয় করেন। ২৯ মার্চ কলকাতার সায়েন্স সিটি মিলনায়তনে দেওয়া হবে এই পুরস্কার। টালিগঞ্জের বাংলা ছবিকে পৃষ্ঠপোষকতা করার জন্য ফিল্মফেয়ার পুরস্কার কর্তৃপক্ষ এখন থেকে নিয়মিত এই পুরস্কার প্রদান করবে। তাই এই পুরস্কার ঘিরে জমকালো অনুষ্ঠান আয়োজনের পরিকল্পনা করা হচ্ছে।

জয়া আহসান বলেন, ‘ফিল্মফেয়ার পত্রিকার সম্পাদক জিতেশ পিল্লাইয়ের কাছ থেকে গত ১৬ মার্চ একটি মনোনয়নপত্র আমি হাতে পাই। তাতে লেখা আছে, কলকাতার বাংলা ছবিতে প্রথমবার কাজ করে দৃষ্টিনন্দন অভিনয়ের জন্য আপনাকে এই মনোনয়ন দেওয়া হয়েছে।’

aborto.jpg

এদিকে এবারের ‘শৈলজানন্দ পুরস্কার’ পেয়েছেন জয়া। গত বৃহস্পতিবার সন্ধ্যায় কলকাতার রবীন্দ্র সদনে এই পদক বিতরণ অনুষ্ঠানে উপস্থিত ছিলেন তিনি। সেখান থেকে দেশে ফিরে জয়া বলেন, ‘বাংলা ফিল্মফেয়ার পুরস্কার নিয়ে কলকাতা শহরজুড়ে অসংখ্য বিলবোর্ড চোখে পড়েছে। এই পুরস্কার নিয়ে সবার আগ্রহ আকাশচুম্বী। পুরস্কার নিয়ে ভাবছি না, দেশের সীমানা পেরিয়ে অন্য একটি দেশে প্রথম অভিনয় করে সমালোচকদের কাছ থেকে মনোনয়ন পাওয়াকেই বড় প্রাপ্তি হিসেবে দেখছি।’

জয়ার সঙ্গে একই বিভাগে মনোনয়ন পেয়েছেন তৃধা চৌধুরী (মিসর রহস্য), নেহা পান্ডা (মাছ মিষ্টি অ্যান্ড মোর) এবং সোহিনী সরকার (রূপকথা নয়, ফড়িং)।

জয়া ছাড়াও আবর্ত ছবির জন্য মনোনয়ন পেয়েছেন সেরা নবাগত পরিচালক অরিন্দম শীল, গীতিকার সুগত গুহ ও কণ্ঠশিল্পী উজ্জয়িনী মুখোপাধ্যায়।

ফিল্মফেয়ার পুরস্কারে মনোনয়ন পেলেন জয়া

There was a Brazilian novela called "Caminho das Indias" in which Indian culture was portrayed by Brazilian actors. Some even looked lke INdians . This novela became really popular in Brazil.

juliana-paes-na-novela-caminhos-da-india-14-117-thumb-170.jpg

0,,19797299-EX,00.jpg

Whoa! Who's she? A 10/10 on the hotness meter.:wub:

Back
Top Bottom