What's new

Boeing to pitch ‘diet’ P-8 to Indian Navy

Indian defence procurement sometimes look confused..they raise an RFI to every defence contractor in the world only to run through a long process of political tug of war finally in the end someone wins through kick back. Not any different than an Indian woman on shopping, she will go to every shop for checking price only to end up buying one over priced saree!

How many times have you been to shopping with Indian women? :lol:

@ sancho and others
Why are you guys comparing AWACS, DRDO AWACS comparing with P8I, although agreed, that to some extent P8I does the same thing as those two but they are meant for different purposes.

Its not purchased keeping this in view. It will serve a different purpose.
For what you are worried, here's a good news for you.
Saab receives order for coastal surveillance system in India | Cision Wire

You missed the point!

It's not about AWACS vs MPA, but about the Embraer 145 aircraft as a platform, that is available for AWACS and maritime patrol versions for IAF and IN.
P8I light, would offer reduced maintenance, but higher unit and operatonal costs, but EMB 145 in higher numbers would also mean reduced maintenance because of commonality, but lower unit and operational costs as well!

Guys is 12 P8i enough to patrol the whole Indian ocean,bay of bengal and arabian sea....?

I think there should be another 12 P8i diet ones...

Indian defence procurement sometimes look confused..they raise an RFI to every defence contractor in the world only to run through a long process of political tug of war finally in the end someone wins through kick back. Not any different than an Indian woman on shopping, she will go to every shop for checking price only to end up buying one over priced saree!

:azn:

<Hint> Sometimes a bit of editing pays good dividends. Better late than never. We don't want the ISI on our tail, do we?</Hint>

Guys is 12 P8i enough to patrol the whole Indian ocean,bay of bengal and arabian sea....?

I think there should be another 12 P8i diet ones...

We need much more than the 12 P-8I..We will require atleast 30 MPA in addition to these P-8I.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom